The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Am I going crazy, or? Insight wanted!

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
a girl that looks almost masculine
Just-Emma-Watson.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NicoleMarie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
May 1, 2014
Wisconsin, USA
Last edited by a moderator:

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Not really a fan of harassing Emma on the net, I think its kinda low, the girl really doesn't need it.

But @Tommy92l I notice people telling me this quite often.
I don't think its the law of attraction as much as it is syncronicity.

I think syncronicity happens around you fairly often, and if you are easily excited it just appears to be more than coincidence, but in reality it is a thing call confirmation bias

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Syncronicity is cool, but it isn't like a girl really signed up cuz you thought it, its more likely that because instagram is popular in your friends circles that she got around to signing up because she figured it was about time or was socially influenced.

Gamblers often feel the feeling you are talking about, they get a few wins and they assume they are lucky, and when their "luck comes back" that they will win back their losses. They aren't really lucky it is just how gambling feels.

Life is a bit less of a closed box than gambling, so impacts on results can be higher in certain circumstances, but generally most coincidences come down to what causes your thought might have caused someone else the same thought; a tv show, a common friend, a marketting presence. As people we like to ignore the possibility that our thoughts are being affected by others, so instead of realising that you might be under similar influences to someone, you can overlook the likeliest reason for the coincidence cuz you are busying your mind with thoughts that push away critical thought processes that might help you overlook less.

I dunno man, 5 years ago all my friends used to say "you say whats on my mind", but after 5 years of those comments, I just feel like people like to assign "personal significance" to things that feel beneficial to them.
They hope that if its really a significant thing, it will have more chance of working out.
But the world only responds well if you GROW, it never just brings you things without that growth.

So tom, HOW MUCH have you grown recently?
I know that things can feel serendipitous, but growth is the best indicator of your success.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
Well if it's that kind of thread....

Emma Watson doesn't compare to the facelifted Kim.

320399_140062566139727_1353221419_n.jpg

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Not really a fan of harassing Emma on the net, I think its kinda low, the girl really doesn't need it.

But @Tommy92l I notice people telling me this quite often.
I don't think its the law of attraction as much as it is syncronicity.

I think syncronicity happens around you fairly often, and if you are easily excited it just appears to be more than coincidence, but in reality it is a thing call confirmation bias

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Syncronicity is cool, but it isn't like a girl really signed up cuz you thought it, its more likely that because instagram is popular in your friends circles that she got around to signing up because she figured it was about time or was socially influenced.

Gamblers often feel the feeling you are talking about, they get a few wins and they assume they are lucky, and when their "luck comes back" that they will win back their losses. They aren't really lucky it is just how gambling feels.

Life is a bit less of a closed box than gambling, so impacts on results can be higher in certain circumstances, but generally most coincidences come down to what causes your thought might have caused someone else the same thought; a tv show, a common friend, a marketting presence. As people we like to ignore the possibility that our thoughts are being affected by others, so instead of realising that you might be under similar influences to someone, you can overlook the likeliest reason for the coincidence cuz you are busying your mind with thoughts that push away critical thought processes that might help you overlook less.

I dunno man, 5 years ago all my friends used to say "you say whats on my mind", but after 5 years of those comments, I just feel like people like to assign "personal significance" to things that feel beneficial to them.
They hope that if its really a significant thing, it will have more chance of working out.
But the world only responds well if you GROW, it never just brings you things without that growth.

So tom, HOW MUCH have you grown recently?
I know that things can feel serendipitous, but growth is the best indicator of your success.
Wut

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
My friend, with all due respect, I believe we were embracing this goddess who is Emma Watson, not harassing her.

I doubt she agrees

In fact, she has referenced it publicly (albeit peripheral "I have been sexualised at an early age" because of her role in harry potter) and it seems to be something that genuinely distresses her or that she points to as an example of neglect and inappropriate actions of the public.

So its actually true, that she doesn't think its cool.
Its one thing to do it when you are a friend, another thing when you encourage her view of the worlds reaction to her to be colored by creepy sh#t.

I'm all for jokes, but she doesn't seem the type to relish in it, so I think leaving her be is classy.
Just think about it.

Last edited:

blaksol

Possum Trot
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Feb 23, 2014
To the OP - the truth is, most people won't believe anything like this until it happens to them. Maybe it doesn't even happen to all people. Maybe it only happens to people that believe.

Someone posted we have 50,000+ thoughts a day on average. Well I guess I'm not average, because I am always thinking but I am definitely not having a different thought every second. Besides, what you were doing required 2 separate events at the same time - you were doing something online, and hearing the television. It is not the same as if you are sitting on your couch all day thinking about a ferrari and then the show comes on.

I know exactly what you are saying about thinking of someone you haven't seen in a long time.. they can feel it, or they sense it somehow, there is a connection there - it happened to me in the past few months. A girl I dated 10+ years ago sent me a text within a few minutes of hearing a song that reminded me of her. Before that we had not spoken in years and have both been married for several years.

Also, my brother died in a car accident, and three people had dreams about it happening before, and they told him before. And he was having dreams of the grim reaper chasing him before he died. I've had several supernatural things happen since then but like I said before, most people will not believe anything like that until it happens to them.

Yasai

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 26, 2014
most people will not believe anything like that until it happens to them.

And even IF it happened to me, I still wouldn't believe it.
What's more likely (statistically speaking):
That fate magically conspired for or against me and went out of its way in this one random instance just to create a certain event...
OR...
That Things IN GENERAL just happen somewhat randomly and we notice/select stuff based on our perception.

This can go even further.
It's called self-fulfilling prophecy in some cases.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-fulfilling_prophecy

This is what universities are actually good for. Certain fields that rely on empiricism teach you not to rely on your perception, because it's so EASY to influence.
We try to reduce bias as much as we can and the one variable that causes the most bias... is the observer.

Quick example:
If you want to conduct a psychological experiment to see if for example french people are less intelligent than italians and you hold (either consciously or subconsciously) the belief that italians are smarter, you might subtly influence the test to create that outcome. Maybe by being just a little bit more friendly to the italians than you are to the french. Or maybe you even explain them the Intelligence-Test better etc.
Most of the times you won't be aware that you're doing this.

This is why we try to reduce those kinds of biases. One way is via "Blind Studies" (double-blind being the most common one, but triple and even quadruple blind studies are also possible and sometimes even necessary).

Edit: With that being said, you can use some of this stuff for your own benefit.
Example: Someone who believes (or rather brainwashed himself into believing) that he can sell ANYTHING with ease is far more likely to actually go out and seek opportunities to confirm that belief (read: He goes out and sells stuff).
Someone who believes that he's crap at selling stuff is probably going to avoid those situations and thus cement the belief that he can't sell.

Both might have a similar "level of skill" when it comes to selling, but they both respond differently to their own believes and soon start to diverge with regards to their skill based on said beliefs/biases.

Last edited:

blaksol

Possum Trot
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Feb 23, 2014
And even IF it happened to me, I still wouldn't believe it.
What's more likely (statistically speaking):
That fate magically conspired for or against me and went out of its way in this one random instance just to create a certain event...
OR...
That Things IN GENERAL just happen somewhat randomly and we notice/select stuff based on our perception.

This can go even further.
It's called self-fulfilling prophecy in some cases.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-fulfilling_prophecy

This is what universities are actually good for. Certain fields that rely on empiricism teach you not to rely on your perception, because it's so EASY to influence.
We try to reduce bias as much as we can and the one variable that causes the most bias... is the observer.

Quick example:
If you want to conduct a psychological experiment to see if for example french people are less intelligent than italians and you hold (either consciously or subconsciously) the belief that italians are smarter, you might subtly influence the test to create that outcome. Maybe by being just a little bit more friendly to the italians than you are to the french. Or maybe you even explain them the Intelligence-Test better etc.

This is why we try to reduce those kinds of biases. One way is via "Blind Studies" (double-blind being the most common one, but triple and even quadruple blind studies are also possible and sometimes even necessary).

I understand - I studied Psychology and Sociology in depth in college. I didn't believe in it either.. until things happened to me personally that were so coincidental you can't even calculate the odds. I don't see it as "fate" doing anything, but maybe different energies or spirits, or maybe something we will never understand. There is just more out there than our bodies. That's why scientists have studied quantum physics and reincarnation, and the U.S. government still spends $millions for psychic warfare.

blaksol

Possum Trot
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Feb 23, 2014
I'm not sure I understand that word as you are using it. I'm just saying there are many things the human mind cannot completely explain.

D

DeletedUser394

This thread is literally off the chain.

Even the non Emma related posts in this thread are crazy. This is why I don't like having deep conversations. Because you quickly discover that some people are literally nuts!

I'm actually tearing up right now.

@Tommy92l has my eternal thanks. I'm shipping you mad internet points my friend.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I find the trolling hilarious. Nonetheless...

I did some Googling and found that this effect has a name. The Baader-Meinhof phenomenon (or frequency illusion). It was posted earlier but got no attention because of the high quality trololo

AlterJoule

Busy Working.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Aug 7, 2014
I find the trolling hilarious. Nonetheless...

I did some Googling and found that this effect has a name. The Baader-Meinhof phenomenon (or frequency illusion). It was posted earlier but got no attention because of the high quality trololo

I've heard of it as "Retroactive Awareness" also. Just means when you think about something, or realize it exists, you become hyper-aware of it and begin to notice it all around. You're not crazy.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
I'd normally say that trolling is a waste of time, but this thread actually made me smile. Thank you @theag and @RichKid

Will transfer $100 rep bank to the next person to post Emma pics. She is worth far more than $100 imaginary internet dollars.

jockinbox

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 8, 2014
Miami, FL
I'd normally say that trolling is a waste of time, but this thread actually made me smile. Thank you @theag and @RichKid

Will transfer $100 rep bank to the next person to post Emma pics. She is worth far more than $100 imaginary internet dollars.

hottest-emma-watson-pictures-gifs-2.gif

keep the 100 bucks, give me 2 minutes of your time

blaksol

Possum Trot
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Feb 23, 2014
I just wanted to reassure OP that some people get where he is coming from. I am not a genius or a scientist but above average intelligence and approach things critically. I don't think people are very open minded when it comes to things we can't see or understand. Being logical is fine but a lot of people will just brush it off and say you're crazy instead of considering it may be possible. We can't see wind or gravity but we don't deny it exists. Like I said before, I used to agree with the majority here, but once you experience something for yourself it changes everything. The things I said about my brother are true we talked about it before he died. He was hit head on by a drunk driver so in that case it's not self fulfilling prophecy, and there are hundreds of thousands more stories like that you will never believe unless you experience it first hand.

Darius

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Apr 8, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
I've had this happen to me numerous times.

To be honest, when I was dead broke a year ago, I was sitting on my couch and thinking on how I could become financially successful.
Now I didn't become financially successful but I did find the information I needed to achieve that goal (MJ's Book, Forum, & some other stuff)
I had only completely read about 1-2 books in my life, none of which I paid for.
Mj's book was like the first business book I stumbled upon, and for some reason, I actually purchased the book with my own money, read the whole thing, and understood it.

The whole "Think & Grow Rich" (Read the book if you haven't) thing reminds of when i was younger and used to play video games.
I used to get stuck on certain parts of a game and kept trying to get pass it for hours.
Once I stopped playing, it was all I could think about because I really wanted to get past it.
Typically after a day (maybe less), I would have an "epiphany" and would go back to play the game. Somehow I would know what I needed to do to beat that level.

I could be crazy, could be unknown powers of the brain, but who knows.

Thoughts don't just disappear (in my opinion).

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
Thread made my night :troll:

To OP I dont think anyone meant to shit up your thread but the number of these "enlightened consciousness/mystical forces" threads lately have been quite frankly ridiculous and not to mention the wall of text:yuck::yuck:.

I would be more inclined to go through a wall of text going over how successful they are in $SS through a change in mindset , how there life is forever changed and the impact they have had on others.

rather you most times get a wall of text to get someone to verify their own feelings through others thus making themselves feel good and worse thing.......so much talk but so little is actually said or done.....

So if some vented a bit of that frustration in your thread:troll: I guess you were just "unlucky" ;)

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Brb saving these to my HDD

Also, @RogueInnovation at the end of the day, she's wildly successful and doing what she wants to be doing. You think she worries about what clowns do on the Internet? I doubt it. Plus, I bet she's at home in her body and accepts that if she's seen as attractive, guys are gonna do whatever they do. It might have bothered her as a teenager, but now? I have my doubts.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.