What's new

Allen from Atlanta GA looking to finally follow through

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

allensefforts

New Contributor
Joined
Jun 27, 2011
Messages
1
Location
Atlanta, GA
Rep Bank
$85
User Power: 100%
Hello all,

I'm Allen and I live in Atlanta, GA. I just recently (a few days ago) came across the story of MJ DeMarco on another entrepreneur's site. After reading a small bit about him on that site, I googled him and found his main site and went over there to read about his story first hand. His passion and lack of BS lead me to go find his book on Amazon and buy the kindle version. I'm about one third of the way through the book and I have to say it's refreshing getting a straight-laced version of what acquiring wealth is all about. Probably just like most people in this forum and others around the web, we've all been tempted (and many of us have) purchased a product on how to make a ton of money. Well, the reason I purchased his book was because of the no-nonsense approach he took to writing. There was no sugar-coating anything. I honestly believe this is going to be the only book I may actually go back and read again. If you're willing to do some true self-reflection while reading the book, and not to put yourself down, or to discourage yourself, but rather read it with a goal in mind of how you're going to change lanes and get into that far left lane (assuming you live in a country where they put the steering wheel on the left side of the car!), then I believe this book is golden.

I guess I should tell a bit about myself now that I've given my preliminary review of the book. I'm a computer programmer and I make pretty good money. As far as time for money, I do pretty well in that arena. I've been a consultant most of my adult life, and because I choose not to be an "employee", I make a decent amount of money. That being said, money isn't everything. I yearn to be able to get up when I want, create what I want, go where I want, to be free of the lives that so many of us are stuck in - the 9 to 5 that 90% of people are tethered to. Well, with that being said, I'm not lazy, I'm pretty good at what I do, but what I find the most frustrating part about myself is the lack of focus when I start a project to get in the fast lane. I'm sure I'm not alone in this, but I figure I should describe what I'm talking about so that if you feel you're in the same boat, maybe we can help each other out.

For whatever reason, I'll get a great idea in my head, whether it be a niche site, or a new idea for integrating ideas with third parties, or a product, or whatever. I'll begin working on the project with a fervor only to find that I end up getting distracted with another idea I have, or maybe I start doubting the potential success of what I'm currently working on. I don't know that it's necessarily the fear of failure, as I'm not really scared to fail, as much as I start thinking that my other idea has more potential.Any which way you slice it, I basically end up starting more than my fair share of projects only to get derailed by my own thoughts. Honestly, this is probably one of the biggest problems I face nowadays. So that being said, reading this book has really put a fire under me. I have come to the conclusion that I need to begin a project and put my entire focus into getting that project out before I even start planning another. One of my favorite sayings is "If it's worth doing, it's worth doing wrong". I know this may sound completely insane, but if you think about it, most of us suffer from analysis paralysis. Most of the successful people I know (not successful employees, I'm talking entrepreneurs) just DO things. I'm not saying they don't think about things, but they also don't let the most minute of details stand in their way.

So, here I am. I'm motivated, I'm excited to see a forum that's dedicated to keeping people on track and helping each and every person achieve their goals, if they really want to put in the effort. It's so easy to find people who want to tell you why things won't succeed, primarily because they haven't tried to take any steps themselves, but finding a forum where everyone has common goals is something special.

Here's to everyone's success and the pursuit of mine as well.

Allen
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

O katv gopotjif vji cuul e duaqmi fezt ehu epf jewi vu tez og zua moli xjev zua jewi sief tu ges zua xomm muwi ov cz vji voni zua esi gopotjif. Siefoph vjot cuul siemmz gosif aq qesvt ug nz cseop vjev jewi ciip fusnepv gus ziest. O jef vji teni qsucmint zua nipvoup, ofiet emm vji xez aq vu 95% dunqmivi vjip katv tezoph tdsix ov, vjot ot puv opvisitvoph epznusi epf nuwi up vu tuni uvjis qsukidv xovj vji teni ipf sitamv. Vjot cuul jet onqsuwif nz fsowi epf gudat, iwiszvjoph muult moli e quttocmi catopitt uqqusvapovz pux. O qseoti vjot cuul vu epzupi vjev xomm motvip.

Ximduni vu vji GetvMepi
 
Exituni opvsu Emmip epf vjeplt gus vji siwoix!
 
Jo Emmip,

Zit, vji gummux-vjsuahj (us iyidavoup) ot vji foggodamv qesv. NK effsitt vjot ottai epf vji onqusvepdi ug xusloph up upi qsukidv vuxesft vji ipf ug jot cuul. Updi zua hiv vu vjev qesv ug Vji Nommoupeosi Getvmepi, O jewi e giimoph zua'mm giim e muv civvis :)
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom