Peter Kelly
New Contributor
- Joined
- Jul 7, 2015
- Messages
- 2
Rep Bank
$65
$65
User Power: 100%
Hey fast-laners, first time poster here.
I'm an idea type, I have several business ideas each month, some I research and dismiss and others I can't stop thinking about. I was writing business plans before I knew what a business plan was. This is how my thought process has always worked, long before I wanted to make myself wealthy.
My friends and family are typically slow-laners. Parents are engineer and doctor, followed a single path their whole lives. Most friends plugging away 50hrs for 50K. I listen to them bitch and moan, I celebrate their fridays, but when I open my mouth about ideas or opportunities, they recoil and become withdrawn. I have tailored my approach to talking about my dreams and ideas with others, as to not make them think I have illusions of grandeur. Same result. If I talk about applying for a job like theirs, Wow what a conversation we can have!
I am curious if anyone else feels like their dreams and ideas make others uncomfortable about their own complacency in life. I no longer talk to my friends and family about my ideas or what I'm working on. We get along much better if I feign mediocre expectations. This is what brings me to this forum, and to reading MJ's book.
I'm an idea type, I have several business ideas each month, some I research and dismiss and others I can't stop thinking about. I was writing business plans before I knew what a business plan was. This is how my thought process has always worked, long before I wanted to make myself wealthy.
My friends and family are typically slow-laners. Parents are engineer and doctor, followed a single path their whole lives. Most friends plugging away 50hrs for 50K. I listen to them bitch and moan, I celebrate their fridays, but when I open my mouth about ideas or opportunities, they recoil and become withdrawn. I have tailored my approach to talking about my dreams and ideas with others, as to not make them think I have illusions of grandeur. Same result. If I talk about applying for a job like theirs, Wow what a conversation we can have!
I am curious if anyone else feels like their dreams and ideas make others uncomfortable about their own complacency in life. I no longer talk to my friends and family about my ideas or what I'm working on. We get along much better if I feign mediocre expectations. This is what brings me to this forum, and to reading MJ's book.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

