The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Alex Hormozi - 14 Life lessons I wish I knew earlier

Anything related to matters of the mind

DreamLund

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Apr 2, 2023
Scandinavia

Hello people

I'm interested in hearing if anyone have implemented some of the lessons that Alex shares in this youtube video. If you have an opinion on any of the 14 lessons, and if it's something here that you would change that you don't really agree with. Please explain why you think that way.

Anyway, I personally think Alex is incredible and It would also be great to hear if there's anyone here that follows his advice.

If you're interested I've made some personal notes in the end.

Alex Hormozi-14 life lessons I wish I knew earlier

(Bold text = Title of the lesson)

1. You make better decisions and you learn more by assuming that you’re dumber than everyone else. You don’t learn very much if you are the one talking all the time. Fundamentally, you can’t learn if you are talking.

2. The hardest respect to earn is one’s own. If you learn to respect yourself first, then others will respect you as a result.

3. If you want to control what people think, control what they say. This is more of a business lesson. If you want to talk about your products & services, you have to equip people with the words to describe what you have. It’s about equipping people with simple language so they can communicate what you do.

4. You get more out of reading 1 book that’s great 5 times, than out of reading 5 mediocre books. I buy lots of books, skim through them and quickly realize most of them are not worth reading. If I read something once, I still don’t know it. So I read it until I can teach the book, if I feel like it’s worth learning. If your behavior doesn’t change as a result of reading a book, then it means you have learned nothing and wasted your time.

5. Most champions do not have something that you do not. They lack something that you have. If we all have the same amount of hours, it means the successful are allocating their time differently. They eliminate things that you’re still doing.

6. Good will compounds faster than money. What is good will: 1 positive sentiment and, 2 influence over a person’s behavior. Goodwill can be translated into money sometime.

7. You are going to die. 2 weeks after you die, most people have forgotten about you, 6 months after you die no one will talk about you. So if no one is caring enough then, then it certainly doesn’t matter what they think about your life now.

8. Extraordinary accomplishments come from doing ordinary things for extraordinary periods of time. When I was younger I thought there was some sort of shortcut that I didn’t know about. So I was shifty and tried to earn a quick buck. If you do one thing for a very long period of time you will get very good at it and it will compound onto itself.

9. If it’s worth it, it’s worth doing well. When I was young I didn’t have time to do things well, because I was doing so many things that were not worth doing. The first criteria is: What problem are we solving? What am I hoping to accomplish? Is this worth doing at all? Because if it’s worth doing then I have to understand that to do it right, to do it well, it’s gonna take a lot of time. Now given that, is it still worth doing? This gives us this lens through which we can view the things we do so that we can prioritize the thing that will make us the most money or get us closer to the goals we have. Good vs Great work, great work is like 5-10X the amount of work.

10. Be willing to negotiate everything except for your values. Don’t take everything at face value, for example: prices, terms, relationships. Virtually everything is negotiable.

11. Humility. I have the definition that It’s not increasing regard for yourself, but increasing your regard for others. You gain status by giving more to the group than you get. If you want to gain status, the way you do it is by sacrificing more than anyone else does. Give status<->Get status.

12. The happy man has 1000 wishes, the sad man has one. When you are sad, oftentimes you just want to be happier. Being able to quiet the hundreds of non-existent voices in my head that were constantly judging the activities that I was doing, labeling good or bad, not good enough etc, took away a lot of my attention, and because of that all of my focus was on feeling better. So I didn’t have energy left to get anything done.

13. Failure leads to learning, learning leads to success, success leads to complacency, complacency leads to failure. There isn’t a destination. Either the business is growing, or I am growing. Stop labeling things as good or bad, because if I am failing It means I’m about to go through the learning phase.

14. I would pay any amount of money to make obvious truths real for me. Much of the path of entrepreneurship is shedding these false truths so you can see the world more clearly. If you see a business person lose it all and then make it back really fast, it is because they have a more accurate view of reality than you do. There’s ignorance debt, which is: “How much does it cost me yearly to not know how to make $1 million/year?”. I will pay any amount of money to speed the process up to see the world more clearly.

Personal notes on this.
Number 9 made me think about my potential future. A future where I quit my job, choose to go all in on dropshipping/E-commerce, learn as much as possible, and ultimately reach my goals without having an income. (Note that I haven't launched my first product yet.) Is it really worth doing that, or should I learn a valuable skill, like sales for example while continuing on my free time. Interesting thought anyway.

Secondly, I wonder how much of the advice he gives that I actually should implement. What do I have to consider when doing it and will it lead me to where I want to go?

Content taken from
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq8GyLrEuAk&t=27s

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Plushy

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 19, 2023
USA
I love Hormozi, I remember two things I learned from him that really stuck with me are:

1. Learn to "skip" the agony of questioning all together. Like, say you have a certain opinion about something that holds you back. Instead of trying to argue or prove about why that opinion is wrong to yourself, just skip it and don't think about it at all.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDDFezF7OTA&list=PLG8ALUvv61DqD9FzkgP5gE0Guh0f0YMpf&index=4&ab_channel=AlexHormozi

I loved this one. Instead of thinking you need passion or love for what you do, or confidence, use what you have. If all you have is anger and worry, that's your fuel and motivation.

3. One little tidbit stuck with me from his podcast; he said how getting into a stable relationship freed up 80% of his mental energy to focus on business instead of chasing tail, and a lot of people have it the other way around. They spend most their energy on relationship and dating, having their business suffer. Having a stable relationship can be one of the greatest foundations. It seems like in this modern day where everyone is flighty, this benefit of monogamy is forgotten.

I get the sense from Hormozi that he meditates a lot from the way he thinks, but that's my speculation. And I feel like some of his mindset advice wouldn't have made sense to me before I used to meditate.

I also sometimes doubt if he really has 100M or is just memeing it into existence, but either way, he's done tremendously successful as a youtuber and podcaster. (Yes, acquisition.com can easily be Googled for its value but in the back of my mind I always wonder just a bit) so that is the only only small caution I have against believing him completely, but if his advice works and helps you be productive in life, that matters more than that.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 10, 2022
15. When you get off YouTube and do something magic things happen.

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney
15. When you get off YouTube and do something magic things happen.
That's true! You can read as much books and as much valueable content all your want, if you don't implement in your daily life, it become worthless.

Nowadays valuable content are everywhere, be sure to use them. Get out of YouTube, get out of Spotify and start executing.

Remember, it's all about action

EmotionEngine

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Sep 15, 2020
United States
Just realize you're only getting a fragment of what he knows and experienced. MJ warns about these folks.

PodiumPopping.jpg

DreamLund

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Apr 2, 2023
Scandinavia
Just realize you're only getting a fragment of what he knows and experienced. MJ warns about these folks.

View attachment 49699
Yes If you only take it out of context. Without listening to his podcasts or diving into other content and reflect on it for yourself, you can for sure fall into the podium popping brainwash

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DreamLund

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Apr 2, 2023
Scandinavia
That's true! You can read as much books and as much valueable content all your want, if you don't implement in your daily life, it become worthless.

Nowadays valuable content are everywhere, be sure to use them. Get out of YouTube, get out of Spotify and start executing.

Remember, it's all about action
Yes, true

If the content can help you see the world more clearly, and at the same time pointing yourself in a direction that will get you closer to your goals. However, without any implementation or usage of the information it is straight up mental masturbation.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.