The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Al Gore (this is NOT a political post)

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
Love or hate the guy, this much is true.

He serves as a great example of not letting defeats get in your way of moving forward in your life. 7 years ago he was narrowly defeated in a presidential race and 7 years late he has an Nobel Prize, an Emmy, an Oscar and people BEGGING him to run for President.

Talk about not letting one failure stop you and define your life. A good lesson for all of us no matter what business we are in. We will all fail at one time or another, sometimes catastrophically, but NEVER let it END you.

Keep moving forward. :fastlane:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Another example from the sports world is Tony Romo ... guy had a catastrophic playoff game and bounced back pretty nicely. He later was quoted as saying "If the worst thing in my life occurred in a football game, I've lived a pretty good life!" Guy sounds like a class act ...

Another class act ... Kurt Warner of the AZ Cardinals.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Sounds like the makings of a new thread ... guys who have faced huge adversity and bounced back!

FT1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Aug 15, 2007
Great post, Sean.

I've just experienced a bit of a setback, so this is right on time for me.

rep++

WheelsRCool

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Aug 12, 2007
How about Donald Trump? Love or hate the guy for showmanship-wise, you've got to admire a guy who gets himself $9 billion in debt, and stages a comeback the way he has.

I have read countless entrepreneurs whose first businesses failed and they say, "Failure is how you learn, if you don't fail, you don't learn." I obviously don't think that this means everyone's first business will fail per se, but it does mean you'll definitely make mistakes in it.

Exodia

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 20, 2007
Mistake are there so we can learn from them. thats was fun about making mistakes.
To proceed with life and go foreword and stronger.:cheers:

TNT

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 31, 2007
Look at Micheal Jordan. He was told by his highschool coach he would never be anygood at basketball. Guess he is laughing now.

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
Michael Jordan has one of the best quotes ever which is probably paraphrased here... `I can accept failure, but I cannot ever accept not trying`

anyway, a couple of years back, suffering from serious turmoil in one of my businesses which included getting loans called on me, having about 15 lawsuits on my desk and an involuntary bk loomed on the horizon had me in a dark state of mind for a while, to put it lightly... thankfully, I survived the dark days, never filed for bk, and most of lawsuits have been resolved...

but when I look at these guys who overcame adversity like Gore, and ordinary people like Iraqi citizens, or think about Holocaust survivors, and then I look at people like George Washington and imagine the strife they all suffered... what I go through is peanuts compared to all of them... truly and amazingly inspiring.

S928

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 7, 2007
Sly Stallone is another example of beating the odds. Here's his real-life Rocky story as told by Anthony Robbins. After watching the video, I definitely gained more respect for Sly, before that I just assumed he was another "tough" guy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywuse55qU2A"]YouTube - Tony Robbins tells Rocky story[/ame]

Jason_MI

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 25, 2007
Fast Company, I believe, had Al Gore on the front cover several months ago. I just skimmed it, but the guy basically came back from nothing and has made tens of millions of dollars, formed several very profitable companies, reimaged himself, and now has won the Nobel Peace Prize. And that's just in the past four years.

I think we'd call that FastLane, wouldn't we?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Sly Stallone is another example of beating the odds. Here's his real-life Rocky story as told by Anthony Robbins. After watching the video, I definitely gained more respect for Sly, before that I just assumed he was another "tough" guy.

YouTube - Tony Robbins tells Rocky story

Speed +++ .... AWESOME STORY with so many points .... I'm gonna make a separate post about it.

FT1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Aug 15, 2007
but when I look at these guys who overcame adversity like Gore, and ordinary people like Iraqi citizens, or think about Holocaust survivors, and then I look at people like George Washington and imagine the strife they all suffered... what I go through is peanuts compared to all of them... truly and amazingly inspiring.
My great grandmother use to baby sit me when I was little, and she would tell me about her parents who were born slaves, and her grandparents who spent the first 20+ years of their lives as slaves. The way I see it, I have so much to be thankful for and the challenges i've faced in business (and life) pale in comparison to what my ancestors went through in slavery and the jim crow era. I have opportunities they probably never dreamed of, so that helps keep things in perspective.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.