The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

After you've achieved the "success" you dreamed, whats next?

Anything related to matters of the mind

chigga102

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
May 24, 2013
Love it. That is exactly what I would do and am planning to do.

During college I actually took a swing at the dream but came to realize that it would be an extremely uphill battle to produce the revenue necessary to scale. It was also going to require a pretty uncomfortable level of debt which unfortunately was not available to a first generation farmer during the financial meltdown.

This is also a live your passion lesson. Although I really loved the lifestyle it was supper stressful given capital constraints and was not nearly as enjoyable as when I was doing it for fun. With agriculture there are so many elements beyond your control that could wipe you out.

I'll never forget a beautiful early summer day I took a bunch of seedlings out of the greenhouse to start hardening them then went fishing. When I returned they were all smashed to pieces by a random hail storm.

I still think there is tremendous opportunity in this space for young entrepreneurs but I'll leave that for another post.

I'm doing this slowly without any debt. Basically it is not reallyba business goal for me. Living a life that is close to nature and stress free is appealing you know? I have always thought it would be nice and so im working towards it. This year ill buy the land. Next year start building a house and then slowly become more independent. I think this environment would provide the most fulfillment for me and eventually any family that I have. Did you try to go into agribusiness?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
My aunt saved up a little cash, bought 80 acres in Arkansas with a barn, rebuilt the barn as her home, lives on less $200 per month, lives off her garden. It can be done, but there are significant trade-offs from a more "traditional" living. Go get it!

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Praia da Areia Branca, Portugal
Quite the opposite actually. I used money/cars etc to get my point across. It was more in relation to Freedom.
I have freedom. Freedom in the sense that i don't have to go to work again. I can quite comfortably live modest enough until the day i die without never working again (I'm 34). However i live in a working class city, my friends all work. My wife works (she chooses to). So whilst i've got all the time in the world during Monday to Friday nobody else i know has. I therefore carry on working to fill the time. I can't think of anything else to do with my time that i'd enjoy. Not on my own anyway. I want to live in Spain in future, UK weather is too cold for me. So hopefully when that time comes in the next few years i'll have some better ideas with that to do with my time other than continous work.

Thank you. (really, you're the 0.1% who show up here asking this kind of question with your shit together)

I don't know how old your kids are but, as a 20 year old, I can say that they will benefit more from travelling than any other activity. EU business schools are full of great technical people who lack people skills, vision and awareness of the world and themselves/their purpose.

You're 34, you have 15-25 years of "full life" before some "problems" might start showing up. Enjoy them, don't use your kids as an excuse. They will benefit way more from the experiences you may have with them than from anything else.
I'm not suggesting you take them out of school, just pointing out that missing a week of school to go with your family to explore the world is a more than fair trade-off. My parents are 50 years old, my dad owns an small IT company getting him a nice monthly paycheck, my mom is a teacher and has a stable and good income as well. Yet, the only travelling we've done was to the south of Spain and Algarve (we are from Portugal). I would have loved to go somewhere else with them, they surely had the means to it. And as I see them age, specially at the 50's, I start realizing they probably didn't do it so they could provide me with a stable life, so in some part was/am the obstacle. Please, don't stop doing it for the sake of stability, you seem like a good guy with his shit together, they'll benefit more from a full week with you than any kind of rubbish they are being feed at school.

Also, although a bit extreme, a good post to read: http://www.quora.com/What-are-good-ways-to-prepare-my-kids-to-become-billionaires

Thank you

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.