The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

After the Vision Board ....

Anything related to matters of the mind

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Whatdya do AFTER you have everything on your Vision Board? You have the big house, the expensive car(s), financial freedom, no debt, you've helped your loved ones out ... what's next?

Make a new one? Will you aspire for more "stuff"? Or Aspire to help others?

The question is ...

WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOU HAVE EVERYTHING ON YOUR VISION BOARD?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Banthaman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 15, 2008
Earth... yes that is specific
That's almost like asking the question, " What do you do after retirement?" There will always be people in need as well as something to gain in a new venture even if it's just for fun. Personally I say follow your heart. If you have run out of things to do or get you better look past yourself to fill your needs, wants, and desires or it'll get pretty boring and meaningless pretty fast.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

ITA

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Dec 16, 2008
Hong Kong
I wish I was there :)

For me, it would be expanding my horizons - add a place I haven't been to yet, add some open mic stand up experiences, sky diving, flying classes, etc etc. Use the money to make new things happen.

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
I can only imagine, at this point. Because it would take quite a bit to take care of everything on my dream board.

But I think that I would enjoy bringing more people along. Finding hungry people and mentoring them.

Not much fun to have all the time and money to do with as you please, if you don't have anyone there with whom to enjoy the ride.

I've always been determined to prove to [society at large / people who like to argue politics with me?] that anyone can make their way in the world if they work smart and hard enough. For me, it would be a real kick to just take as many such folks as I could find and use them as proof of my belief system, if that makes sense.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Fulfill your bucket list. and on the road to fulfilling it, you will only add to the list.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I think Timothy Ferris has it right when he talks about trading "having" for "once-in-a-life-time doing"

Life has so much to offer, I know I could come up with endless lists of things to do with that kind of money. How about eating a meal in every country in the world? How about seeing a concert in Sydney? How about watching theatre in China? How about traveling to the Olympics where ever it goes?

I also think once you are full and abundant you start to think of ways to give that abundance to others.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
The kicker is....

there is no before and after.
Life is about the journey.

Figure out what your "after" is... and start doing it now.
Why wait?

AlwaysCurious

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jan 16, 2008
GMT +1
My take is, that life is not about what you want to have, but rather what you want to be. All achievements on the board should be milestones or personal rewards on your way not the goal itself.

Andrew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 8, 2007
For the "having" part, I decided I don't buy anything on the list until I figure out what goes up next. Its a damn good way to save money, because once you figure out what you want next that first item may not seem appear so desirable.

As for the "doing", I've accomplished almost of the big things, and I'm not sure whats next.

CactusWren

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jan 5, 2008
Arizona
I was thinking I would have a vision board per year, not one for life. But maybe that's just me.

Fortunately, life seems to bring new things frequently to me. I have started working at my local CSA one morning per week. I just love it! I would be there more frequently if I had more time available. Never before had I experienced the farming life and it's great.

Next year, who knows...

marktech101

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Oct 11, 2008
Durham, NC
Personally, I love the idea of simply canceling money out of the equation of life once and for all. There is so much to see in this world that most people don't get to see, simply because they can't envision a life beyond their job. And after they retire, their only worries are about being able to live out the rest of their days on what little their 9-5 has allowed them to save during their career.

I've got a different idea. I want to be able to travel the world and see everything there is to see. I'd love to get to know people from all walks of life, in addition to learning about people from all times in history. Sure, I can study that out of a textbook, but that isn't the same as, for example, visiting the Pyramids. There is so much being missed that I want to see.

I also like the concept of owning and experiencing the pinnacle of human achievement in all aspects of life. If I want to own a car, why not make it the Bugatti Veyron, the best car in the world?

I guess it all comes down to what you want out of life. The first step is achieving the financial freedom it takes to do so, but a vital question is what will you do with it? When you get the money you've dreamed of, will you buy a mansion and live out the rest of your life lonely, getting lost in the labarynthian hallways? Or will you use the money to make the world a better place, and in the process becoming a Renaissance man in every aspect of life?

At this point, I see three main stages of my life:

1. Get the money.
2. Enjoy life.
3. Spread the wealth / knowledge I've acquired.

Best,
Mark

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.