The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

After Much Procrastination, I'm finally making it!

Share your FTE moment...

Spikeroo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Aug 17, 2011
Merritt Island, Fl
Ok, I finally did it! well, doing it* I'v been through so many different business plans and ideas, from a plasti-dip service to a car care website. After much time and effort I'm slowly but surly coming closer to my launch. I took my taxes and instead of buying a new car, I invested in my own business.

fb.com/boracustoms

If you guys could check it out and maybe like it, I'd love you forever!

Anyways, my business is still in the launching phase. I bought a Vinyl cutting machine, some vinyl, and spent about a week making blueprints from scratch for the iPhone 4/s and iPhone 5/s. I just wanted to get some feedback so far and see what you guys think about the designs. I also wanted to get some suggestions on what types of vinyl you guys think people would like the best. So far I'v gotten a good response from the Jet Black Carbon Fiber. I made some and are currently selling them on eBay to try to help reinvest. Unfortunately my work has slowed down a tremendous amount, working about 3 days a week to be precise, but I'm not letting that stop me. I started helping my land lord doing manual labor for 10$ an hour which is slowly getting my by. Lets just say me and Mac n Cheese have become quite fond of one another :D I'm slowly branching into making skins for Android Devices, iPads, Xbox 360's and sooo much more. I told myself I wanted to own a business of many genres, meaning I want my foot in many different doors. After I get this up and running I want to move into making glasses, and lean into a clothing line. For now I'm selling my vinyl pre cuts on eBay, and Facebook until the website is up and running!

My biggest dream is to be an entrepreneur, and sure I'm not 100% self sustainable right now, but I've never felt so amazing, to feel in your heart that you're doing what you love. I finally know what it feels like to go out and get what you want. period.

Thank you tremendously for taking the time to read my story. Please support my startup not with money, but a simple like on Facebook. It will mean a lot! I'll be doing giveaways soon because I believe giving back is a feeling as good as being your own boss :)

Thanks
Brad

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
actually this is pretty cool. I dig!

Liked your page ;)

Make some designs that mimic Jon Olssons cars and you got a sale from me.

Let me know when you have something like these below that fits a LG G2. and you can have my money ;)

jon-olsson-audi-r8.jpg

john-olson-camouflage-lamborghini-2.jpg

f55c97b52e13169c6e658a20c83df589.jpg

Spikeroo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Aug 17, 2011
Merritt Island, Fl
The vehicle is sexy! I really appreciate the support man, you have no idea the inspiration it gives me. I have Urban Camo but the shades aren't sharp like the one on the cars. I'll do what I can! As far as the LG G2, I'll do my best to make the dimensions for it. The thing Is any device I want to make blueprints for I need the device itself. I make a rough draft and cut it with paper over and over and over until I get it right, so its alootttt of work but well worth it and unfortunately I cant go out and buy all of them haha. Btw those glasses are sick!

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
you need to out source that stuff.

Andur

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 4, 2014
San Francisco
Liked :) Great work for launching and taking action, man!

As for suggestions, I personally like simplicity. That's sort of why I like the iPhone and Apple products; slick yet simple. Saying that, there are so many tastes and preferences out there in the world. I wouldn't know the best way to test that sort of thing, but it seems like having a small but varied level of options might be a good start and see what brings in the most.

Regardless, I like what you have on offer so far.

Norskbear

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 3, 2014
Liked!

Really inspiring! What vinyl cutter did you get? What program do you use to make the designs?

Spikeroo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Aug 17, 2011
Merritt Island, Fl
I didn't want to invest too much into my first machine because I didn't know the business, so I bought silhouette cameo, and apparently I am first person to add 2 and 2 together and use the machine for making these. I use the software it came with. Trust me when I say it takes a lot of patience to make the templates for the devices. After I get some inventory I want to move onto a better machine.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.