The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

AdWords: Offense or Defense?

Marketing, social media, advertising

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
Hey all!

I'm doing AdWords for a client who's got a website converting at 1% with an average ticket of $38.

I really like @Andy Black's approach of remembering that traffic is really just people. Sending the right people to your page should boost any "conversion rate" worries you have.

That said - should I stick at $.37 bids and take the scraps I can get - or should I be placing $1 bids at a loss, with the intention of driving the right people to the page?

Aduramus

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DVU

In Progress
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia
Just had that situation, and because the bid is low, my ad wasn't showing as much, which lowered the number of people which saw it and that meant smaller conversion rate.

Now I set the max bit at 1.3$ and should be getting more display percentage=more conversions.

Just did this today, so I might be wrong, I have no data but that is how it is supposed to go.

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
What match type are you using? If using broad I would recommend getting rid of them and using either exact, phrase or broad match modifier.

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
What match type are you using? If using broad I would recommend getting rid of them and using either exact, phrase or broad match modifier.

Modbroad. I want to get to exact asap, but when I ran a test on the keyword
+mothers +day +cards,

I got just under 50 clicks, and nearly every one used a unique search term for my ad except, of course, "Mother's Day cards"

I'm running into a similar issue with +greeting +cards

I've recently added in the negatives
-bulk
-wholesale
-ecards
-popup

I'm still getting next to no impressions though (because of my $.37 bid I presume)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
Modbroad. I want to get to exact asap, but when I ran a test on the keyword
+mothers +day +cards,

I got just under 50 clicks, and nearly every one used a unique search term for my ad except, of course, "Mother's Day cards"

I'm running into a similar issue with +greeting +cards

I've recently added in the negatives
-bulk
-wholesale
-ecards
-popup

I'm still getting next to no impressions though (because of my $.37 bid I presume)
Are the cards in google shopping? For the search term "Mother's Day cards" the only ads at the top of the page are google shopping so that could be the reason why you aren't getting any clicks.

Have you done keyword research to see what additional keywords to add? Long tail, variations, etc. can help bring in some extra clicks. Just make sure to keep the ads relevant with the keywords you are using.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
run with the cheap bids on new traffic and set up remarketing campaigns with more aggressive bids, for people who have already seen your brand. You can set up RLSA (remarketing lists for search ads) and display remarketing. Keep in mind you need a min. amount of people in the list. Make sure you've got that remarketing tag set up.

Spending more is just going to get more traffic, not necessarily more conversions. Conversion rate doesn't always scale linearly with CTR. There comes a point where you start getting tire kickers or people who just impulsively click on the first thing they see, regardless of whether or not it was what they were looking for.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.