The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Adwords account "permanently suspended"

CEBenz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 16, 2011
Tacoma, Wa
Ok, so I was experimenting with affiliate marketing with PPC. Unfortunately, it never got a chance to make so much as a single impression. I never got an ad approved and then got "permanently suspended" (doesn't this mean BANNED? seriously wtf?). I couldn't figure out if it was my ad or the product's landing page. Anyone else had this issue? I mean obviously, I just create another account with different phone and email, but seriously, how can I learn anything if Google doesn't tell me specifically what I did wrong?

Anyone got any suggestions for dealing with adwords?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser2

yep
dont use adwords for affiliate products
use a 2nd tier if you want to experiment

oh
and go read adwords terms of service

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
I had the same problem a week or two ago.

I think the biggest issue is if you have a link (bare) in a post to an affiliate site.

If they go through my AdWords ad, come to my site to a post, and the only thing in that post is an eBay spot, CJ ad, or similar, they don't like it.

I got a warning email at 9:26, a second at 9:30 (blocking my URL), and was dropped from all advertising within 5 hours.

I'd barely figured out what I might be doing wrong before they shut me down.

CEBenz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 16, 2011
Tacoma, Wa
Yeah, I just read somewhere that I was advertising an item on the "Google no like list" as I'll call it. An ebook on solar panels. Go figure.

It's appalling to me that they don't offer more assistance with an eye towards success.

CEBenz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 16, 2011
Tacoma, Wa
yep
dont use adwords for affiliate products
use a 2nd tier if you want to experiment

oh
and go read adwords terms of service

I did. I also read through their landing page guidelines. I obviously need to learn more about landing pages as I think that had a lot to do with it.

I also think I went wrong by not immediately deleting the campaign. I mistakenly thought that if the ads weren't approved then it didn't matter if they were deleted or not. OOPS.

CEBenz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 16, 2011
Tacoma, Wa

MrEks

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 21, 2011
Google has so much headaches but once you get use to their wacky protocols, there are money to be made. Comparison/review sites are getting a lot harder to get by but as long as you are pushing a site with more information than ad, then google would let it slide.

Scuderia

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Feb 13, 2011
Australia
Not talking from experience, just knowledge but one way to get around it, is to build a list. Rather then promote the affiliate offer directly. Like maybe have a free report, or something so people opt in. Then split test the opt in page to try and maximize opt in conversions. Then once you have a decent opt in list, then you can start marketing the affiliate products/programs via email.

jrws

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jan 9, 2011
Doonside, NSW Australia
Happened to me to. I was posting a link to a product I had actually used and got suspended based on the fact that they believed that the product had unrealistic expectations. I didn't see anything wrong with it but they wouldn't respond to my many emails and queries. I am not using them ever again and I am going to tell everyone my story because it is an appalling business model based on the fact I hadn't even posted my ad, and it wasn't against their TOS as far as I could see.

valuegiver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 18, 2010

valuegiver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 18, 2010
You're talking about squeeze pages to get email addresses, which will get you banned in Adwords. It falls under data collection which is prohibited by Google. Then again, Google has double standards, there are sites doing data collection (a.k.a. squeeze pages) yet they are not getting banned. All you need to do is to reverse engineer why these sites are not getting banned while majority are.

Not talking from experience, just knowledge but one way to get around it, is to build a list. Rather then promote the affiliate offer directly. Like maybe have a free report, or something so people opt in. Then split test the opt in page to try and maximize opt in conversions. Then once you have a decent opt in list, then you can start marketing the affiliate products/programs via email.

Aspire4More

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
May 24, 2011
Interesting reading. I currently don't use adwords but will have to keep an eye on this. Thanks.

Jon123456

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jun 20, 2011
From memory, Google doesn't like people advertising ebooks using Adwords. They think they have less credibility since they are not published and gone through a screening process.

For what its worth, I had my account permanently deleted a couple of years ago. Shame, because it was nearly my entire livelihood!

CEBenz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 16, 2011
Tacoma, Wa
And I know another one that was now banned ("permanently suspended") for "billing issues" despite the account having a valid card on file. WTF?

Jon123456

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jun 20, 2011
Google are cautious over what cards they accept because people have used pre-paid cards to have multiple accounts. You are only allowed one account per person. Google has now become draconian.

Scuderia

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Feb 13, 2011
Australia
Google moto - dont be evil. What a load of shit. Microsoft Adcenter is much better in terms of customer service. But traffic isn't as big

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.