The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Advice for 17 year olds?

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

teen17

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 20, 2022
Let me get straight to it. I am 17yrs old. I have red millionare fastlane and many other finance,self-improvment books. I am also reading unscripted . I have about 2k dollars saved up. I want to be a bussines owner, option trader, self/help guru if you will beacuse I see so many kids my age stuck into thinking they can not do shit with their life. I see why they say it beacuse I am also that age. Parents putting pressure on you with school. -I do not want to go to college I WANT TO BE A BUSSINES MAN- I always say that but they dont care. Why would they? They think i am an kid who never met the real world which is for most part true. I know all that but im ready to face the world. I just feel so frustrated every freaking day beacuse i am not making any money. It has been that way for months. If you can give me some type of advice for what bussines (service) to start or advice on life in general (keep in mind i watch all those podcasts and read books so i know few things). I also live in very judgemental part of world. I dont think it matters that much but it defenetly has an impact. Thank you for reading this!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
554%
Apr 17, 2022
I want to be a bussines owner, option trader, self/help guru if you will beacuse I see so many kids my age stuck into thinking they can not do shit with their life.

I just feel so frustrated every freaking day beacuse i am not making any money. It has been that way for months.

Perhaps it's a good idea to solve this problem first before trying to be a self-help guru.

The reason why most young people fail is because they lack executive skills. They cannot do the work.

The self-improvement industry only makes matters worse because it's an endless rollercoaster of action-faking and becoming the "best version of yourself" through meditation, gratitude, eating fruit, and journaling, which further distracts you from doing the actual work needed to succeed.

College/school should be the default option, unless you are already working hard full time on a business that is about to hit escape velocity. Big dreams and aspirations are not enough.

MarcusRich

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Jul 13, 2022
Indiana
Let me get straight to it. I am 17yrs old. I have red millionare fastlane and many other finance,self-improvment books. I am also reading unscripted . I have about 2k dollars saved up. I want to be a bussines owner, option trader, self/help guru if you will beacuse I see so many kids my age stuck into thinking they can not do shit with their life. I see why they say it beacuse I am also that age. Parents putting pressure on you with school. -I do not want to go to college I WANT TO BE A BUSSINES MAN- I always say that but they dont care. Why would they? They think i am an kid who never met the real world which is for most part true. I know all that but im ready to face the world. I just feel so frustrated every freaking day beacuse i am not making any money. It has been that way for months. If you can give me some type of advice for what bussines (service) to start or advice on life in general (keep in mind i watch all those podcasts and read books so i know few things). I also live in very judgemental part of world. I dont think it matters that much but it defenetly has an impact. Thank you for reading this!
Become an expert in something then sell that expertise while you build a company / portfolio. That allows you to no longer need to be in the slowlane dogma. Get off tiktok and reels unless you're making content. Don't let yourself be distracted by bullshit and get yourself out of the slowlane before it sinks in the claws.

Ecommerce, trends, etc can get you an initial bag to start your value generation but is not the solution. CREATE VALUE.

Skroob

Entrepreneur // Mobile Application Developer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL
College/school should be the default option, unless you are already working hard full time on a business that is about to hit escape velocity. Big dreams and aspirations are not enough.
One of the big upsides to college is it can give you a breadth of new experiences in a fairly secure environment. And breadth of experience is where you find your niches, your skills, and your market needs.

Don't go into debt to do it though. Community colleges (in the US anyway) are inexpensive enough to pay for with a dreaded Day Job, and you still get to learn new things and meet new people.

MarcusRich

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Jul 13, 2022
Indiana
Let me add some corrections to this. Community College should be the default if you believe in college. Debt is not the answer. If you decide on college do it in the most affordable way possible. You don't need college, but you will eat the shit burger if you try to get into the slow lane without a degree for the first few years. Become an electrician and bam, you will be middle class and get to pay your bills in the slow lane but don't have to deal with the hardship and the real fast lane. Decide what you want for yourself. Lower, Middle, or Upper. Then build your life based on that. Hard work is a success indicator. Practice how you play. Learn Sales, Marketing, Accounting, and Advertising. Then build a business and create value. If you can't do that yet, practice what you can do to the best of your ability and leverage the internet to learn those 4 above skills.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
554%
Apr 17, 2022
Let me add some corrections to this. Community College should be the default if you believe in college. Debt is not the answer. If you decide on college do it in the most affordable way possible. You don't need college, but you will eat the shit burger if you try to get into the slow lane without a degree for the first few years. Become an electrician and bam, you will be middle class and get to pay your bills in the slow lane but don't have to deal with the hardship and the real fast lane. Decide what you want for yourself. Lower, Middle, or Upper. Then build your life based on that. Hard work is a success indicator. Practice how you play. Learn Sales, Marketing, Accounting, and Advertising. Then build a business and create value. If you can't do that yet, practice what you can do to the best of your ability and leverage the internet to learn those 4 above skills.
Unless you're doing law, medicine, or STEM, collage is a horrible strategy for your finances. But life is not all about finances.

The reason why I've said that college should be the default option is because it's a great place to be as a young person. You will have a lot of fun, meet a lot of people, and perhaps study something interesting.
The only reasons why you shouldn't go are:
  1. If it's too expensive and you will get in massive debt for a basket weaving diploma.
  2. If you already work very hard at some business or have something more important to do. This was the main point, because OP doesn't seem to fit into this category, and just has some big aspirations.

Juan Pimentel

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jul 10, 2019
Mesa Arizona
How can you be a guru if you haven't solved your own life? Go get a job and get paid to learn a skill. If you read Mj books then you know you have to solve a problem or fulfill a need to become successful. Getting a job will put you closer to that path. Not only will you make money but you will see how business is supposed to function. Before I went full time on my business I worked for others. Im so grateful I did they help me become what I am now.

Matt Lee

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 9, 2022
I just feel so frustrated every freaking day beacuse i am not making any money. It has been that way for months.
That's the starting point for almost every entrepreneur, no?

If you're mad or frustrated use that energy to work on a solution and start something. You gotta realize nothing will change if you don't make something happen with your own two hands and brain.

The thing is most people are lazy and many of them can't think for jack shit. If they didn't hear it online or on some social media site, it isn't real. So don't be like them. Use your brain and outwork them.

Everything worthwhile takes time and effort. Your daily life might not get easier but it does get better. The hidden rule of being an entrepreneur seems to be that you have to solve your own problems first in order to even proceed.
-I do not want to go to college I WANT TO BE A BUSSINES MAN- I always say that but they dont care. Why would they?
They shouldn't care and you shouldn't either. That's the point.

No one will ever believe in you until you have something to show for it. If they say they believe in you even when you have nothing to show, then they're being dishonest. You probably have that 1 friend that's full of shit and tells everyone about his goals only to give them up halfway. You don't want to be like him.

Your dreams, aspirations, and desires are yours and yours alone, don't forget that. No one can see the future as you do. No one cares about you the way you do yourself. They don't have your eyes and as such, they can't see your visions. They can't hear your burning desires either. Funny, they don't even know what goes on in your head.

Why count on them to give you permission or approval when you know yourself better than them?

You don't! You can only count on yourself.
I want to be a bussines owner, option trader, self/help guru

Go make some youtube videos or post on Tik Tok. Lean into your advantages. If you're 17, people won't want to hear your life lessons. So why don't you start documenting your progress in any aspect of your life? Start posting about your struggles and transformation. People love watching human guinea pigs.

Ever seen those transformation videos on youtube?

The best story ever written in the history of mankind is that of a man struggling against adversity. Show it and people will come to you.

You don't need permission from anyone to do this. No advice can switch the green lights on for you. Only you can do that.

GL friend.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.