The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Action Takers - What Are You Up To?

GoldenEggs

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Sep 4, 2007
Silicon Valley, CA
I purchased Headway for Wordpress and am learning how to use it. I finally decided to write my ebooks/guides on parenting and ways to make money. The ebooks are 90% done, I've started the free report for them and then I need to write the sales page. I have the corresponding websites for them started. I am also helping my husband with his websites.

I started working out again and do it on my lunch hour at work. Also, the grocery store and drugstore are a mile from my house and I started pushing the stroller to the grocery store on weekends for added exercise. On the plus side, I have to be more conscious of what I buy because the basket is not very big and I have to carry everything back so I usually end up getting only what we need.

We are cleaning house and selling things we no longer need or use in preparation for our potential nomad status (we won't be homeless but due to some family/legal stuff, we may be nomads for awhile).

I'm getting better at planning things ahead and multi-tasking (getting my exercise while getting groceries) so that I have time to work on my businesses and also recognizing when I am starting to burn out and need a break. I am allowing myself to take a night off as needed to just sleep or watch a movie or something just mindless.

Goals for next few months:
Overcome my fears (this is a constant work in progress, I have so much self-doubt but I am working through it)
Increase traffic to my websites and sell my ebooks/guides
Have a sibling for my child
Take a mini-vacation at the place we spent our 1st anniversary

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
New month, new actions! What's up people?

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Let's see...

For October....

1. Continue to work on my new debt collection lead gen site. Just got it up last week so it is a work in progress.
2. Build out all landing pages for my target markets.
3. Learn the best article marketing strategy for my business.
4. Continue to grind on ebay...
5. Party like hell for my 25th birthday!!! haha

AJ.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Sep 5, 2010
First post on this thread.

The website I'm working on, I just opened up an Amazon.com Affiliate account.
Also opened up a PayPal account for the business (should be 'confirmed' by tomorrow).

I started writing product reviews for the target audience my website serves.
These product reviews are a work in progress, as I've never done it, and I'm figuring out how to make them the "most appealing" to potential buyers.
I'm eager to see if this works out, and commissions start rolling in.

Will update on how the money flows. :)

EDIT:::
PS: Happy bDay Luke!! :D

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
Shopping for a December cruise vaca with the wife.

Not doing much work on the investments.

Bowden

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Sep 29, 2010
TAMPA, FL
Besides going to school full time I have been working on my website. Learning all I can about SEO and Affiliate Marketing. October will be a month filled of gaining knowledge!

Last edited:

tchandy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 16, 2007
Kansas, for now
I have a few more t's to cross and i's to dot to complete my corporation papers. I've had a lot of emails back and forth to my legal advisor to clarify some things to make sure everything was correct. Once I send the copies to my advisor I'll contact my bank to change over the name to my companies name, Narcal Investments.

I've also been spending a lot of time reading and listening to conference calls on areas I'm not familiar with, trusts and investing in gold and silver. I plan to open a trust and invest in the metals when the time is right.

In the next month or so, there should be a new additon to the family. The baby's due Nov 11 but we're expecting her to be born sooner rather than later. Thanking she didn't come as early as the Doc expected two months ago.

I almost forgot, watch the Phillies go to the playoffs for the fourth year in a row and hopefully bring the WS home again.

Last edited:

nomadjanet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 28, 2007
TX
October 1st week :completed turning everything into CPA for our real estate partnership, our car business corp and our personal taxes. filed all paperwork.
2nd week; got finale approval for the permits for our new multifamly project & set up schedule for completion of utility installtion for the projcet.
3rd week: on schedule for budgeting for the home service business including tax planning review.
4th week: on schedule to attend national convention in Las Vegas where I serve on the board and therefore have to do a little public speaking & help with planning & budgeting meetings.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Finished my taxes (oct 15th) just in time. Yes, it still hurts but I am able to walk without a limp now....

Just completed my first half Ironman this past weekend
-I didn't even own a bicycle until September and have never even done a 5k

Investment partnership up 23% YTD as of 9/30

Secured a few more investors for the investment partnership

Going to Zurich for an investment conference in 3 weeks

Working out a deal to host a fairly large international asset protection conference (details to come as it materializes)

Finalizing a deal with a partner for a new company

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
Just completed my first half Ironman this past weekend
-I didn't even own a bicycle until September and have never even done a 5k

Very nice man! Hope you got a decent (or really good :p ) bike for it. It's seriously RIDICULOUS how big of a difference that makes. It's almost to a point that it doesn't make sense of the increase of benefit.

I've enjoyed doing self endurance challenges in the past, but not done an actual event for something like that yet. Actually, barely done many that include the transition from on activity to another.

How'd you like the wobbly legs coming off a bike into running. Feels soooo weird lol

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I didnt even own a bicycle until September. I bought a used Klein b/c I wasn't sure if this is something I want to continue doing and didn't want to spend $5k on a bike and then hate doing tri's.

I completed the event with a group of 16 amazing entrepreneurs from all around the US. There were 2 of us that were complete newbies. I've never even done a 5k run. My longest bike ride before the race was 32miles.

I am a firm believer is association with success-minded people. And this group definitely fits the bill.

And yes, my legs felt like jello coming off the bike.

phlgirl

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 29, 2007
Philadelphia
It has been a while. Great to see this thread come back to life!

August goals:

• Settle on two properties currently under contract (sale) COMPLETE
  • Complete construction and list 2 properties COMPLETE
  • Put two new properties under contract (purchase) ONE NEW PROPERTY UNDER CONTRACT, NEED A SECOND
  • Revise and submit final offer on small business (and hopefully get acceptance!) FAIL - back to the drawing board
  • Schedule meeting with prospect #2 - not entirely sure what I meant by this : )
  • Meet with Diane Kennedy for Tax Strategy session - Final documents sent to Diane today - awaiting scheduling of appt
  • Book California trip (vacation) - COMPLETE - AND also stayed at the most amazing B&B in Napa and met the infamous Russ H!!!
  • FL visit for property management review - COMPLETE
  • Yoga/Circuit training/Running - Did not do as well as I would have liked here
  • Finish reading EMyth - COMPLETE

Goals for Oct/Nov

• List Alder property for sale
  • Meet with Diane K
  • Hire a Personal Assistant
  • Get one new property under contract (for purchase)
  • Complete construction on Carp property
  • MOVE
  • Yoga/Circuit training/Running
  • Watch the Phillies win the World Series ;)

tchandy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 16, 2007
Kansas, for now
Goals for Oct/Nov

• List Alder property for sale
  • Meet with Diane K
  • Hire a Personal Assistant
  • Get one new property under contract (for purchase)
  • Complete construction on Carp property
  • MOVE
  • Yoga/Circuit training/Running
  • Watch the Phillies win the World Series ;)

Two great comments that I overwhelmingly liked, meet with DK and watching the Phillies win the World Series. Go Phillies!

CVentures1B12

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Oct 18, 2007
Richmond, VA
Just finished the final touches on the website for my new tutoring company last night.
Sent to my partner for final edits, adding music and stock photos.
Will probably take it live next week after Bio photos have been taken and uploaded.
After taken live, I will create the Facebook, Twitter and Blog for the site.
Definitely live by Sept. 30th...right in time for tutoring season to kick into gear!

Since I didn't update for October, I'll follow up on my Sept. post!
-Website completed and taken live - DONE (sorry for the shameless...I have to...www.acenashville.com)
-Facebook, Twitter and all social media - DONE and integrated into website
-Blog - DONE

Now for November...

First of all...Go Giants!! Congrats!

November Goals:
-Create business cards for myself and my partner - DONE
-Create 30 day marketing plan for ACE - DONE
-Create curriculum package for tutors
-Acquire 5 new customers in the month of November
-Stay under marketing budget (which is super slim)

tchandy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 16, 2007
Kansas, for now
Goals for Nov
-Read the Millionaire Fastlane . complete
-Setting my sell points for stocks that I currently own. I figured it was time to put it on paper than go with my instincts. complete
-Finished my corporation paperwork and mail copies back to my accountant. Should be mailed off today when I go to the post office.
-Set up my account log for my properties. Complete
-Read Investing in Gold and Silver - great book that helps you understand what's going on today.
-Looking for new properties to invest in.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
January 2011

Bump for the action takers.... what are you up to?

January 2011

• Train new manager at Property Management Company
  • Train manager at Self Storage Facility
  • Balance the budget for the local youth soccer group
  • Get the numbers from a competitor and put together an offer
  • search for grants
  • get a yellow fever shot

What will you get done this month?

John Rogers

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Dec 29, 2010
Washington State, USA
Hope you don't mind if the FNG joins in...

January

- get a renter in my vacant rental
- complete milestone 1 of my fastlane project (I'm currently ahead of schedule)
- reread parts 1-4 of The Millionaire Fastlane (I've read it in it's entirety once, am going to reread the whole thing again, then focus on particular sections after the second read)

valuegiver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 18, 2010
Have Been Done

- Learnt Perl web automation
- Built a script using perl and cron to daily automatically scrape websites for some XML files.
- Parsed the XML files into DOM Tree using XML::Twig

Must Be Done

- Import the data into MySQL database
- Create a front end web app with PHP using Yii framework
- Integrate a charting software into the web app

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
I am in the process of writing my first book, something I am very excited about and that I have been planning for quite some time (more details will be posted on the forum shortly as things progress). My goal is to get it completed in its entirety and ready for publishing by my birthday, on July 20th of this year. :) Reading MJ's book definitely inspired me (not specifically on the writing aspect, but 100% on the TAKE ACTION aspect). So my goals are on paper now and its time to execute!

Also pursuing a few different web-based ventures with my friend, coworker, and partner Ralph (member Scout on this forum), as well as remaining heavily invested in the stock market.

I had a MAJOR set-back occur at the end of 2010 (an investment I had a lot of money in backfired on me), however I am trying to put it behind me and work even harder now!

2011 is shaping up to be a busy year!

All the best guys,

Mike

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Have Been Done

- Learnt Perl web automation
- Built a script using perl and cron to daily automatically scrape websites for some XML files.
- Parsed the XML files into DOM Tree using XML::Twig

Must Be Done

- Import the data into MySQL database
- Create a front end web app with PHP using Yii framework
- Integrate a charting software into the web app

I'm salivating in jealousy ... Fastlane systemic-building skills.

(an investment I had a lot of money in backfired on me),

That penny stock you talked about over on LamboPower?

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
MJ,
Nooooooo...in fact that stock made me quite a bit of money in the last year... :) (and looks to be ready to set new highs within the next month). In that case, patience and a cool head prevailed. I did find it humerous that so many people criticized that pick though in a thread titled, "Post YOUR stock picks", lol. It definitely confirmed that I will be keeping my current holdings to myself from now on. ;)

Unfortunately, an investment property I owned didnt work out as planned, so I am currently selling it and am taking a loss (although fortunately, I was able to help my twin sister out ALOT as she is the one who is buying it and is VERY excited to be getting in her first home, so at least there is some sort of silver lining here). Not the end of the world, but it definitely threw a wrench in my plans in 2010.

In the last couple of months, I have been reading like crazy (finished your book, Tim Ferriss's "The 4-Hour Work week", Duncan Banatynes book for the second time (AWESOME read), and plenty of other stuff on the web), and its literally destroying me at work. lol (I just have NO desire to go to work anymore, and in fact, it is consuming me to the point where Im ready to cash in everything I own and take a leap. It is 2:45AM as I type this from my laptop sitting in my kitchen here in NJ, and I have to be up for work in 3 1/2 hours. My mind has just been racing, and leaving my job and the "rat race" in general has become an obsession that eats at me 24 hours a day. I just cannot STAND working for someone else any longer, and at 28 years old after 6 1/2 years in the workforce, I feel like a madman looking for a way to escape it.

I hope all is well buddy, glad to see your book is still doing great.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
. . .In the last couple of months, I have been reading like crazy (finished your book, Tim Ferriss's "The 4-Hour Work week", Duncan Banatynes book for the second time (AWESOME read), and plenty of other stuff on the web)

Which Bannatyne book? He has 4.

-Russ H.

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
Russ,
The one ive read was, "Anyone can do it. My Story".

Absolutely fantastic read, and a truly inspiring rags to riches type story.

All the best,

Mike

ijohnson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jan 15, 2011
Dallas, TX
January 2011 Goals

January 2011 Goals:

[*]Create content for product review website
[*]Create ebook for opt-in giveaway
[*]Lose 5 lbs and start documenting weight-loss journey
[/LIST][/LIST]

superleggera

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Apr 28, 2011
Mont Kiara, Malaysia
May 2011 Goals!

1. Take my workout to the next level! I lost some 10kgs (out of which 7.5kg was fat) in the last six months... and I'm looking to reduce my BF% down to 17% in a month from 20% currently. Action step: pile up those weights, and do BodyPump 3x a week. Learn about stacking supplements (I use Hemo Rage and creatine)

2. "Operationalize" my SEO activities. Currently I'm doing everything manually with all the tools in hand (SENukeX, BMD, AMR, Scrapebox, xGenSEO, ALR, TBS, Rank Tracker and a good ol' Excel spreadsheet) - time to put all of them on a VPS, write an operations manual and then get a trusty VA to do all the link spamming

3. Approach one list owner per day in my vertical (dating) and do cross-promotions / list-swaps.

4. Test some CPA offers in the beauty niche on AdShuffle exchange as well as AdBlade. Media buying is my core focus for the second half of the year. Also, get some regional (Asian) offers from my affiliate manager in hand before going down to Singapore for AdTech in June to negotiate some IOs with Admax and Innity. Sign up with a banner scraper service for competitive intelligence.

5. Relaunch one product line with enhancements (video to increase perceived value), and load the autoresponder with a 14-day sequence.

6. Perform end-to-end business baselining (traffic, optins, conversions) to see where the opportunities are (and where the funnel outage lies).

7. Re-read MJ's book for the third time. :)

A busy month's ahead!

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Bump.

Self pubbing.

Past month:

Wrote a short story in 8 hours to capture a part of the market that appeared literally overnight. Learned a business lesson that when the market is dominated by someone, and the market won't stretch since it's niche, and you are a few days late to the party, it's hard to get any traction. Parlayed the work into a different story, put it up and made money back on time spent. Gotta love books.

Finishing the biggest work, most professionally done yet. It should blow the others out of the water when it hits later this week, fingers crossed.

After that another short story deadline Oct 28 I already committed myself to. I put out a release schedule and now that I think about it might just put it online on my author website to get the fire under my a$$ to really burn.

What about you? What have you done this month?

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Bump.
What about you? What have you done this month?

Been a long time for you. How's things going?

Most of the progress threads you will want to read about have been moved to the inside. Lot's of progress going on there.

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
Launching new business tomorrow and buying my first rental property within the month. Very excited to say the least

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
Just finished speccing out idea, posting outsource ad for developers. Finding a graphic designer and a local front end developer. Monday calling up the lawyer to give the Go to form the business.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Been a long time for you. How's things going?

Most of the progress threads you will want to read about have been moved to the inside. Lot's of progress going on there.

I'll see you guys there before year's end. Things are focused now. The train moved. I moved it

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.