D
DeletedUser394
Guest
I never thought I'd have a personal story to add to the 'Fastlane Forum Funnies' but it has happened.
Starting monday, I've started work at 8:00am to help with breakfast and maid service (I work at a B&B for the time being while I get some things fixed health wise, and to give me income to fund my business).
I need to wake up around 5:30am.
So about 20 minutes ago I wake up and see that it's 7:20am! I had to be at the bus stop 10 minutes ago.
I run downstairs, and make breakfast. On my way to the kitchen I pass my roommate and her boyfriend, and I say to myself, 'Hmm, that's weird, they aren't usually awake this early'.
I make my breakfast and then wolf it down. I realize that there's no chance of me getting to work on time, so I decide to quit my job as I would probably lose it anyway for being over an hour late.
Just as I'm about to start writing an email to my boss, announcing my resignation, I check the clock again and realize that it's 7:20PM!!!!
I worked myself into such a state of exhaustion, that I quite literally passed out any time from 4pm-6pm (I have no memory of any of it) while reading 'Think and Grow Rich'.
There is a serious lesson learned from this story as well. I need to quadruple my business effort, because I don't want a large portion of my energy/effort going towards making someone else more wealthy, while I work for peanuts at the bottom of the totem pole.
My paypal finally went through, so I purchased my domain. Just need to buy my hosting, and I'm ready to get going! :smxF:
Starting monday, I've started work at 8:00am to help with breakfast and maid service (I work at a B&B for the time being while I get some things fixed health wise, and to give me income to fund my business).
I need to wake up around 5:30am.
So about 20 minutes ago I wake up and see that it's 7:20am! I had to be at the bus stop 10 minutes ago.
I run downstairs, and make breakfast. On my way to the kitchen I pass my roommate and her boyfriend, and I say to myself, 'Hmm, that's weird, they aren't usually awake this early'.
I make my breakfast and then wolf it down. I realize that there's no chance of me getting to work on time, so I decide to quit my job as I would probably lose it anyway for being over an hour late.
Just as I'm about to start writing an email to my boss, announcing my resignation, I check the clock again and realize that it's 7:20PM!!!!
I worked myself into such a state of exhaustion, that I quite literally passed out any time from 4pm-6pm (I have no memory of any of it) while reading 'Think and Grow Rich'.
There is a serious lesson learned from this story as well. I need to quadruple my business effort, because I don't want a large portion of my energy/effort going towards making someone else more wealthy, while I work for peanuts at the bottom of the totem pole.
My paypal finally went through, so I purchased my domain. Just need to buy my hosting, and I'm ready to get going! :smxF:
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
