The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

About passion

krish kherajani

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Dec 13, 2021
Passion is about solving a problem, adding value to people. But why do all billionaires in world such as Donald Trump, Steve jobs Gary etc keep saying do what you love?? Should we just go for doing what you love such as being a chef, fashion designer or novelist etc. And turn it into a fastlane business?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hong_Kong

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 7, 2022
Passion is about solving a problem, adding value to people. But why do all billionaires in world such as Donald Trump, Steve jobs Gary etc keep saying do what you love?? Should we just go for doing what you love such as being a chef, fashion designer or novelist etc. And turn it into a fastlane business?
The common methodology is that by choosing something you love it makes it easier to stay motivated / interested. Many entrepreneurs jump from idea to idea which isn't good overall. If you choose something you like, find a way to add value and stick with it.

Not everyone agrees.

Some say to do what you love, some say to go where the opportunity is, some say its about the skills you have.

I would rather just make money from the business, and enjoy my hobbies when I want. Flying a plane might be fun, but if you are a pilot and HAVE to fly, it would suck.

Albert KOUADJA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 13, 2022
La méthodologie commune est qu'en choisissant quelque chose que vous aimez, il est plus facile de rester motivé / intéressé. De nombreux entrepreneurs sautent d'une idée à l'autre, ce qui n'est pas bon dans l'ensemble. Si vous choisissez quelque chose que vous aimez, trouvez un moyen d'ajouter de la valeur et respectez-le.

Tout le monde n'est pas d'accord.

Certains disent de faire ce que vous aimez, certains disent d'aller là où se trouve l'opportunité, certains disent que c'est à propos des compétences que vous avez.

Je préfère simplement gagner de l'argent grâce à l'entreprise et profiter de mes passe-temps quand je le souhaite. Piloter un avion peut être amusant, mais si vous êtes pilote et que vous DEVEZ voler, ce serait nul.
Faire ce que l'on aime est très intéressant lorsque cela résout un besoin très important, ce qui peut apporter de la valeur à un nombre important de personnes. Je pense que c'est ce que Mark Zuckerberg, Steve, a fait. Dans ce cas, je vote Oui pour faire ce que vous aimez. .mais si vous vous accrochez à quelque chose que vous aimez et qui ne répond pas à un besoin vraiment important, ou qui ne peut pas être étendu, alors votre passion ne vous fera pas grand bien.

.mais si vous avez une activité que vous n'aimez pas et qui peut vous rapporter des millionnaires, mieux vaut la faire que d'en être passionné. je entièrement d'accord à ton avis aussi.

krish kherajani

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Dec 13, 2021
Faire ce que l'on aime est très intéressant lorsque cela résout un besoin très important, ce qui peut apporter de la valeur à un nombre important de personnes. Je pense que c'est ce que Mark Zuckerberg, Steve, a fait. Dans ce cas, je vote Oui pour faire ce que vous aimez. .mais si vous vous accrochez à quelque chose que vous aimez et qui ne répond pas à un besoin vraiment important, ou qui ne peut pas être étendu, alors votre passion ne vous fera pas grand bien.

.mais si vous avez une activité que vous n'aimez pas et qui peut vous rapporter des millionnaires, mieux vaut la faire que d'en être passionné. je entièrement d'accord à ton avis aussi.
Plz write in english!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

HabitsCampaigner

Jim Miotke
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jan 6, 2021
Monterey, CA
For the above… from Google Translate:

Doing what you love is very interesting when it solves a very important need, which can bring value to a large number of people. I think that's what Mark Zuckerberg, Steve, did. In that case, I'm voting Yes to do what you love. .but if you're clinging to something you love that doesn't meet a really important need, or can't be expanded, then your passion won't do you much good.

.but if you have an activity that you don't like and that can earn you millionaires, it is better to do it than to be passionate about it. I totally agree with your opinion too.

HabitsCampaigner

Jim Miotke
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jan 6, 2021
Monterey, CA
HAVE to fly, it would suck

I love this. Completely agree. I used to love photography. Not I only love taking pictures of my kids and pets with the occasional nature photo.

The key is in freedom. Fitness, family and freedom, right?

Angler

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Sep 9, 2021
But why do all billionaires in world such as Donald Trump, Steve jobs Gary etc keep saying do what you love??

Well because it happens that doing what they love pays the bill, solves a problem no one else is solving, and are exceptional at what they do. Do what you love without seeing money coming in, being a me-too business, and putting in mediocre effort, will land you a one-time ticket to "why can't they see my value"-ville. Then you may have to submit your resume for a job because doing what you love does not pay the bills.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...