The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A small taste of freedom....kind of

Einfamilienhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 8, 2019
EDIT: Something I don't understand is how some people, in any field, can just get up and leave when their job or company goes in a direction they don't agree with. I've seen several times where people follow their heart and resign/quit based on their moral principles. Do they have a backup plan going into it? Savings or a spouse to get them through? I often wonder if I have to stand up for myself and quit accepting a lower standard of my ideal life. It's highly not recommended to just up and quit a job but, man, it feels so appealing to get out of the personal hell I'm living in so I can try to regain my life back.

This is a good thought. And yes, there are some people how have a spouse who earns good money and they do this job for the purpose of not being bored and stay at home alone all the time. But there are also some people who don't go to sleep after the work and they really start working on their actual work after the official work. Others maybe have a good running business which can pay for their living cost they have but their head is telling them that it is better to stay as an employee and that's why they have one feet inside the cold water and the other inside the warm one.

But I think that the most important reasons why they can leave the job easily is because they don't have any unnecessary debts to pay off and their living cost is quite stable. They maybe also have learned to take a closer look on their spending and they value the money they have more than someone who just wants to earn more.

I really believe that the reasons why most of the people hate their jobs and why there is no changing in this toxic environment is because most of the employees have big debts to pay back. This the reason why everyone keeps his mouth close.

If you want to be elected as the next president your campaign should be called "I will make all of you debt free" or "Debt Free 2020".

You can do many things wrong in life and this quite ok. It is part of the life but there are some mistakes you should never do. No matter for which reason. Don't be a slave to a lifestyle you dont need. You dont need a big house, a big car, you dont need to travel 4 times a year to Asia and South America. You dont need this, if you can't afford it.

There is a sentence which has burned into my mind from MJ's Book. If you cant afford the expensive stuff without thinking about how much you have to pay for it, like you would pay for a chewing gum just a few cents, don't buy it.

You can find a shitty job everywhere at any time but to keep yourself free and happy is much more difficult

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Hi man.
can you write one story every day?
Something you have witnessed this day.

and in a time you can make a blog or a book.

I m sure, it would be read

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
Hi man.
can you write one story every day?
Something you have witnessed this day.

and in a time you can make a blog or a book.

I m sure, it would be read

This was the idea that I had for a children's book in a way of how I helped people. I started on it but then COVID hit and it put the brakes on our call volume (which was actually really nice). The idea then fizzled out because of the few months of doing nothing but sitting in a car. Once things ramped up again, I got so burned out I started to nearly have panic attacks and a breakdown. The two weeks off that prompted this thread saved me from a very bad place.

I would have a lot more content if I went all out like a behind-the-scenes observation of the reality of the job (spoiler: It's not what is portrayed on the news everyday). With the way things are going around the country, I would be more comfortable letting loose if I wasn't still in the job. I'm a little conflicted on how I express myself within the job because I always have to tip-toe around everything for fear of offending someone.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
This was the idea that I had for a children's book in a way of how I helped people. I started on it but then COVID hit and it put the brakes on our call volume (which was actually really nice). The idea then fizzled out because of the few months of doing nothing but sitting in a car. Once things ramped up again, I got so burned out I started to nearly have panic attacks and a breakdown. The two weeks off that prompted this thread saved me from a very bad place.

I would have a lot more content if I went all out like a behind-the-scenes observation of the reality of the job (spoiler: It's not what is portrayed on the news everyday). With the way things are going around the country, I would be more comfortable letting loose if I wasn't still in the job. I'm a little conflicted on how I express myself within the job because I always have to tip-toe around everything for fear of offending someone.

If you upload footage of your day to day job you will go viral

Envious

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Sep 26, 2017
London
I'm going to throw my advice in here because I feel we have shared many similarities in our journeys.

I worked on the railway for 6 years and wanted to leave for probably about 4 of those. Like the police force, I had to work long 12 hour shifts, mostly during nights and weekends. During that time I missed out on a lot with my friends, family and partner and I was generally pretty miserable.

After I bought my property and moved out from my parents house, I knew it was time to focus on getting out of this job.

So, In my downtime at work I would often come up with these Ideas on how I could leave and I would be filled with excitement, only to eventually talk myself out of it and do nothing. I did this for YEARS.

"That won't work"
"I can't do that"
"Someone has done it already"
"I can't do anything else but this"

Those are the thoughts I would tell myself, night after night. I felt trapped, hopeless and depressed. I didn't want to end up like the guys who hated the job for years but never did anything but complain. 25 years later, they will still be there.

My parents were highly critical of me and it was a very negative upbringing.
But, while I can acknowledge that happened in my past, it was down to me to change my future.

I realised that If I didn't pick something, ANYTHING to focus on in my spare time consistently, I would become one of those guys.

So I had a harsh and deep look at myself to really find out who I was and what I wanted. @eliquid has a great thread on fulfilment, I'd recommend reading that.

I did some personality tests, the future authoring programme and started browsing and researching things that interested me.

I didn't put pressure on myself, I just wanted to explore what I was interested in and see where it went. Like pulling on a loose thread.

I realised that I enjoy solving problems, helping people and businesses and I was really fascinated by why some businesses are successful and why others aren't.

This lead me to explore marketing, read books and do some small courses on it. Eventually I signed up for a 6 month course and worked on this before and after work and at the weekends.

I hated school so the thought of getting a degree or going back to college was out of the question, but there was nothing stopping me from learning from the internet in my own time. I always thought I didn't like learning, in fact I love learning, it just has to be something I'm interested in.

I did well on the course and started to gain some hope that one day I could leave my job.

The course lead me to getting my first marketing client, and then I got another and another.

Eventually, I had enough savings and consistent work to take a leap and finally leave my job. While I'm not earning near where I was, I'm a-lot happier and you realise that you can always cut back a little and get a part time job if needed.

My first piece of advice would be to do some internal work and figure out what you want out of life and who you are.

What would you be happy with? What would you suffer for? What would make you fulfilled? Do you want a job or business? Do you want more passive income or want to build something you're proud of?

It's important that you let yourself dream and imagine here without letting the self-doubt and negativity creep in.

Second, if you are thinking about starting a business, don't try and reinvent the wheel.

What I mean by this is stop trying to think of something really original or the next 'big thing'. The odds are stacked against you, it's much more risky, difficult and it's more than likely to fail.

I'd recommend starting something that is low risk, low startup cost, is needed by a lot of people and has already been proven to work.

You'll get experience in business, you'll learn about sales and marketing, and you won't have to risk your house to finance it.
Once you gain the experience and confidence and financing, then look at other ventures.

Junk removal, powerwashing, painting, window cleaning, lawn-mowing, house cleaning, carpet cleaning, web design, digital marketing (the last two are getting super saturated in all honesty) etc.

Ask yourself, How can you improve on businesses that are doing this, how can you do it different or better?

In all of the above industries. there are companies doing millions of dollars of sales every year so don't think that the opportunity isn't there, it is.

Third, be careful when listening to online 'gurus'. You know the one's I mean, Dropshipping, Amazon FBA, Property, Shopify, SMMA etc. 99% of these people are just trying to sell you an overpriced course. You're far better off listening to trusted people who have done what you want to do and have a proven track record.

Anyway, you can do this. Hope you get some help out of what I've written.

Good luck!

flyingdolphin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Sep 23, 2020
Philippines
There is a sentence which has burned into my mind from MJ's Book. If you cant afford the expensive stuff without thinking about how much you have to pay for it, like you would pay for a chewing gum just a few cents, don't buy it.

I love that too!! If you think you can afford it, you don't.. because if you can really afford something, you won't even need to think about it - you'll just pay for it. It's a EUREKA moment for me. LOL.

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
I'm going to throw my advice in here because I feel we have shared many similarities in our journeys.

I worked on the railway for 6 years and wanted to leave for probably about 4 of those. Like the police force, I had to work long 12 hour shifts, mostly during nights and weekends. During that time I missed out on a lot with my friends, family and partner and I was generally pretty miserable.

After I bought my property and moved out from my parents house, I knew it was time to focus on getting out of this job.

So, In my downtime at work I would often come up with these Ideas on how I could leave and I would be filled with excitement, only to eventually talk myself out of it and do nothing. I did this for YEARS.

"That won't work"
"I can't do that"
"Someone has done it already"
"I can't do anything else but this"

Those are the thoughts I would tell myself, night after night. I felt trapped, hopeless and depressed. I didn't want to end up like the guys who hated the job for years but never did anything but complain. 25 years later, they will still be there.

My parents were highly critical of me and it was a very negative upbringing.
But, while I can acknowledge that happened in my past, it was down to me to change my future.

I realised that If I didn't pick something, ANYTHING to focus on in my spare time consistently, I would become one of those guys.

So I had a harsh and deep look at myself to really find out who I was and what I wanted. @eliquid has a great thread on fulfilment, I'd recommend reading that.

I did some personality tests, the future authoring programme and started browsing and researching things that interested me.

I didn't put pressure on myself, I just wanted to explore what I was interested in and see where it went. Like pulling on a loose thread.

I realised that I enjoy solving problems, helping people and businesses and I was really fascinated by why some businesses are successful and why others aren't.

This lead me to explore marketing, read books and do some small courses on it. Eventually I signed up for a 6 month course and worked on this before and after work and at the weekends.

I hated school so the thought of getting a degree or going back to college was out of the question, but there was nothing stopping me from learning from the internet in my own time. I always thought I didn't like learning, in fact I love learning, it just has to be something I'm interested in.

I did well on the course and started to gain some hope that one day I could leave my job.

The course lead me to getting my first marketing client, and then I got another and another.

Eventually, I had enough savings and consistent work to take a leap and finally leave my job. While I'm not earning near where I was, I'm a-lot happier and you realise that you can always cut back a little and get a part time job if needed.

My first piece of advice would be to do some internal work and figure out what you want out of life and who you are.

What would you be happy with? What would you suffer for? What would make you fulfilled? Do you want a job or business? Do you want more passive income or want to build something you're proud of?

It's important that you let yourself dream and imagine here without letting the self-doubt and negativity creep in.

Second, if you are thinking about starting a business, don't try and reinvent the wheel.

What I mean by this is stop trying to think of something really original or the next 'big thing'. The odds are stacked against you, it's much more risky, difficult and it's more than likely to fail.

I'd recommend starting something that is low risk, low startup cost, is needed by a lot of people and has already been proven to work.

You'll get experience in business, you'll learn about sales and marketing, and you won't have to risk your house to finance it.
Once you gain the experience and confidence and financing, then look at other ventures.

Junk removal, powerwashing, painting, window cleaning, lawn-mowing, house cleaning, carpet cleaning, web design, digital marketing (the last two are getting super saturated in all honesty) etc.

Ask yourself, How can you improve on businesses that are doing this, how can you do it different or better?

In all of the above industries. there are companies doing millions of dollars of sales every year so don't think that the opportunity isn't there, it is.

Third, be careful when listening to online 'gurus'. You know the one's I mean, Dropshipping, Amazon FBA, Property, Shopify, SMMA etc. 99% of these people are just trying to sell you an overpriced course. You're far better off listening to trusted people who have done what you want to do and have a proven track record.

Anyway, you can do this. Hope you get some help out of what I've written.

Good luck!

Thanks for this. I'm in that position now where everyone complains about the job given the work environment has changed, it has gotten a lot more dangerous, people are getting tired of dealing with all of the destruction, but they don't do anything to change their position. They make the excuse that we get paid well and the pension is out there waiting for them.

About a month ago I took out a notebook and began writing, journaling. Whatever came to mind. It helped me to get some clarity or, at the very least, it felt like it helped to align my internal dialogue. Where the Fastlane is all about providing value, value becomes the name of the game. I don't feel like I'm providing value in the position that I'm in. A lot of people will spin the positive side of the job, but I'm just not feeling it. That side doesn't make up for all the destruction I see. If the positive side is a 5, the destructive side is a -10. I'm still at a -5 and it's weighing on me.

I've been educating myself on real estate investing. I also purchased a real estate license course to become an agent. Of the other ideas that I've had, this one seemed to be the most tangible. The plan is to become an agent as a complement to the investing. I'm leaning heavily on the teachings of BiggerPockets. I'm trying to stay away from the little seeds of doubt that get planted everywhere. I don't know what to believe sometimes.

One group says the bubble is going to burst and a recession is coming while another group says real estate is a great place to invest money and nobody knows what is going to happen in the future. The simple view of investing is to purchase enough cashflowing properties to replace your income and then do it full time. A shorter-term goal for me is to start with looking for ways to replace my monthly expenses so those are always covered. But, then I always wonder if I'm getting in at the worst possible time and everything is going to crash and burn.

Part of my thinking is that this is a start to 'something' and I can always work on other things later or at the same time. I just need to get the ball rolling and prove that I am more than capable of doing this. A lot of my problems came from spinning my wheels and not knowing where to turn. This at least straightens out the path a little bit so I can see a longer way forward -- but I still don't know if this path leads to the gold or the fire (with the current economic fears).

If anyone has advice on this, I'd be interested to hear it.

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Thanks for this. I'm in that position now where everyone complains about the job given the work environment has changed, it has gotten a lot more dangerous, people are getting tired of dealing with all of the destruction, but they don't do anything to change their position. They make the excuse that we get paid well and the pension is out there waiting for them.

About a month ago I took out a notebook and began writing, journaling. Whatever came to mind. It helped me to get some clarity or, at the very least, it felt like it helped to align my internal dialogue. Where the Fastlane is all about providing value, value becomes the name of the game. I don't feel like I'm providing value in the position that I'm in. A lot of people will spin the positive side of the job, but I'm just not feeling it. That side doesn't make up for all the destruction I see. If the positive side is a 5, the destructive side is a -10. I'm still at a -5 and it's weighing on me.

I've been educating myself on real estate investing. I also purchased a real estate license course to become an agent. Of the other ideas that I've had, this one seemed to be the most tangible. The plan is to become an agent as a complement to the investing. I'm leaning heavily on the teachings of BiggerPockets. I'm trying to stay away from the little seeds of doubt that get planted everywhere. I don't know what to believe sometimes.

One group says the bubble is going to burst and a recession is coming while another group says real estate is a great place to invest money and nobody knows what is going to happen in the future. The simple view of investing is to purchase enough cashflowing properties to replace your income and then do it full time. A shorter-term goal for me is to start with looking for ways to replace my monthly expenses so those are always covered. But, then I always wonder if I'm getting in at the worst possible time and everything is going to crash and burn.

Part of my thinking is that this is a start to 'something' and I can always work on other things later or at the same time. I just need to get the ball rolling and prove that I am more than capable of doing this. A lot of my problems came from spinning my wheels and not knowing where to turn. This at least straightens out the path a little bit so I can see a longer way forward -- but I still don't know if this path leads to the gold or the fire (with the current economic fears).

If anyone has advice on this, I'd be interested to hear it.

If you don't mind me asking (feel free to not reply if you don't wanna talk about it) What duties do you have? Are you just doing traffic enforcement or something?

Super interesting career atleast to a nobody civilian to me, in my area we have a ton of break ins/robberies & insane drug addicts that roam around the streets that our police has to deal with, so I mean if it wasn't for people like you the world would be a bizzaro place. Of course I don't know what your day to day life is like and I'm sure it's really stressful.

Keep your head up man, don't beat yourself up to much

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
If you don't mind me asking (feel free to not reply if you don't wanna talk about it) What duties do you have? Are you just doing traffic enforcement or something?

Super interesting career atleast to a nobody civilian to me, in my area we have a ton of break ins/robberies & insane drug addicts that roam around the streets that our police has to deal with, so I mean if it wasn't for people like you the world would be a bizzaro place. Of course I don't know what your day to day life is like and I'm sure it's really stressful.

Keep your head up man, don't beat yourself up to much

I am a patrol officer. I have a specific zone of my township and handle nearly all of the calls in my zone. I handle everything from service calls like medicals, where I help the ambulance, I handle police calls like reckless drivers, suspicious persons, crimes in progress, any other reports, act as a first responder in many cases, etc. Earlier this year, I helped rescue a baby fox, helped a lady rescue an injured hawk, and even helped rescue an abandoned dog left in a crate in the rain on the street. That dog was later adopted to a great home.

We get a lot of accidental 911 calls or accidental security alarms -- and we have to check on every single one of them. We also have specific areas that we have to check on regularly like if people go away on vacation, we may be asked to keep an eye on their house. Or, if there is an increase in crime like vehicles being broken into, we will check those areas more often. We're also asked to walk through schools or do community service activities if asked. Sometimes we have to do crossing guard duties if our employed crossing guard calls out.

And, obviously, handle some of the more major crimes like thefts, retail thefts, burglaries, people having psych emergencies, drunk drivers, deaths, overdoses -- some of the more stressful parts of the job.

And all of that comes with loads and loads of paperwork. Sometimes it seems like you could go hours without a call, but as soon as you sit down to get caught up on paperwork, you get blasted with calls and get interrupted. I can't tell you how many times I go without a call for an hour or two, sit down to eat lunch, and all of a sudden get a big call and end up not eating. It's always at the most inopportune time. I work the busiest zone of my department so I'm constantly on the run, interrupted, slammed with paperwork, always have something hanging out there and never feel caught up.

With everything going on in the country today, I see it all. There is quite a bit of misinformation thrown out there and much of the general public has a misunderstanding about what we do. I can say with 100% certainty that most people don't realize how good they have it BECAUSE of the police. We're often the line between order and chaos.

**I do not say any of this to start a political debate or to invite a discussion on the function of police. I was answering a question and we can leave it at that.**

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I am a patrol officer. I have a specific zone of my township and handle nearly all of the calls in my zone. I handle everything from service calls like medicals, where I help the ambulance, I handle police calls like reckless drivers, suspicious persons, crimes in progress, any other reports, act as a first responder in many cases, etc. Earlier this year, I helped rescue a baby fox, helped a lady rescue an injured hawk, and even helped rescue an abandoned dog left in a crate in the rain on the street. That dog was later adopted to a great home.

We get a lot of accidental 911 calls or accidental security alarms -- and we have to check on every single one of them. We also have specific areas that we have to check on regularly like if people go away on vacation, we may be asked to keep an eye on their house. Or, if there is an increase in crime like vehicles being broken into, we will check those areas more often. We're also asked to walk through schools or do community service activities if asked. Sometimes we have to do crossing guard duties if our employed crossing guard calls out.

And, obviously, handle some of the more major crimes like thefts, retail thefts, burglaries, people having psych emergencies, drunk drivers, deaths, overdoses -- some of the more stressful parts of the job.

And all of that comes with loads and loads of paperwork. Sometimes it seems like you could go hours without a call, but as soon as you sit down to get caught up on paperwork, you get blasted with calls and get interrupted. I can't tell you how many times I go without a call for an hour or two, sit down to eat lunch, and all of a sudden get a big call and end up not eating. It's always at the most inopportune time. I work the busiest zone of my department so I'm constantly on the run, interrupted, slammed with paperwork, always have something hanging out there and never feel caught up.

With everything going on in the country today, I see it all. There is quite a bit of misinformation thrown out there and much of the general public has a misunderstanding about what we do. I can say with 100% certainty that most people don't realize how good they have it BECAUSE of the police. We're often the line between order and chaos.

**I do not say any of this to start a political debate or to invite a discussion on the function of police. I was answering a question and we can leave it at that.**

Clearly you are providing value to the world and the previous post you mentioned not feeling like you are.

''. I don't feel like I'm providing value in the position that I'm in. A lot of people will spin the positive side of the job, but I'm just not feeling it. That side doesn't make up for all the destruction I see. If the positive side is a 5, the destructive side is a -10. I'm still at a -5 and it's weighing on me. ''

Animal rescues and responding to crimes in progress? How is that not providing value to the world? You are doing a good thing, while it can be stressful you can't have the self belief that you aren't providing value, don't be so rough on yourself, people like you are necessary in the world.

Anyways what's the plan moving forward? You will need laser focus on escaping the script, I think something like a product based business would be ideal for you as you can disconnect your time from it (service business's would probably be horrible for you having a family and a fulltime job) so I'm not even sure that's really possible to manage.

You mentioned a children's book, great idea. How about we start with that? Whether or not it fails doesn't matter, what's important for you is to just get started in that direction. Take some time out of your day and dedicate it to writing out this book, how do you want it to look? What is the content? How will you market it? How will you distribute it?

Children education industry is worth something in the billions range, you also have the benefit of children having a huge amount of interest in Police cars, something about those lights and sirens, and I guess guns are perceived to be cool to.

Looking into the market I've found something like you would probably want to do, here's an example.

So I'd suggest you get yourself to the local book store and buy one of these books and give it a look.

Here's one on Amazon..

So with about a minute of looking into the niche there is clearly some interest in it.

Now it's all on you, can you make some content? Get it distributed & market it? Get random strangers to give you money for it? Give it a go, while you might not become the next billionaire selling children's books the only thing that matters is getting started, once you get into the direction you want to go and make a bit of income on the side your brain will explode with ideas on how to go bigger and bigger, you could even make a brand out of this. Children's toys (like fake police uniforms and handcuffs are super popular) some fake badges and so on, the list is endless. You could even do coloring books, something that provides alot of value to kids as another category, small police car toys etc.

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
Thanks @sparechange . The good in the job comes from those who are dedicated to what the job is. They know no other way. They got into it for the pension or for the security. For me, it was always a childhood dream.

Then, I found the Fastlane, and my life changed. My values changed. What I wanted in my life changed. I want to work with and around good people. The Fastlane Summit people. It was such an amazing experience to talk to everyone and feel like I had so many friends who wished the best for me. I was truly deeply interested in everything everyone had to say.

I started the children's book when I got back from Arizona. I already know what the title will be. The theme of the book is all of the good things I do on the job. Real life things I've done. Anytime I would do something unique or exceptional, I would write it down. It was an ongoing project. But, COVID hit and everything stopped. I lost momentum with the change in routine and priorities. I spent nearly all of the time sitting in my car doing other things enjoying the fact that I was not supposed to do anything.

The newest thing I'm working on right now is real estate investing. I've been following BiggerPockets and learning their style of investing for cashflowing properties. I'm half conflicted because I always wonder if I'm getting in too late, whether it's actually a fastlane business (?), is the market going to crash as soon as I buy my first property, am I going to crash and burn, etc. I'm working on a real estate license course to be complimentary to the investing. I spent hours writing in a journal figuring out my path in life and somehow that is where I ended up. It's also something to get started in taking action and then I can supplement with my other ideas.

My first target goal is getting out of the law enforcement job. I honestly feel like if I can do so in a logical way that doesn't uproot my family's existence, I can succeed much better. That's just how I feel. Going back to school really isn't what I want to do and going and finding another job doesn't entirely feel like the best path with what I'm trying to accomplish.

The real estate thing feels like I'm making progress toward a goal, which takes some pressure off my anxiety and stress of the police job, but I am still unsure of myself. I'm trying to avoid all forms of doubt and anyone telling me I'm going to fail. I'm tired of spinning my wheels and being pulled in a thousand different directions.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Thanks @sparechange . The good in the job comes from those who are dedicated to what the job is. They know no other way. They got into it for the pension or for the security. For me, it was always a childhood dream.

Then, I found the Fastlane, and my life changed. My values changed. What I wanted in my life changed. I want to work with and around good people. The Fastlane Summit people. It was such an amazing experience to talk to everyone and feel like I had so many friends who wished the best for me. I was truly deeply interested in everything everyone had to say.

I started the children's book when I got back from Arizona. I already know what the title will be. The theme of the book is all of the good things I do on the job. Real life things I've done. Anytime I would do something unique or exceptional, I would write it down. It was an ongoing project. But, COVID hit and everything stopped. I lost momentum with the change in routine and priorities. I spent nearly all of the time sitting in my car doing other things enjoying the fact that I was not supposed to do anything.

The newest thing I'm working on right now is real estate investing. I've been following BiggerPockets and learning their style of investing for cashflowing properties. I'm half conflicted because I always wonder if I'm getting in too late, whether it's actually a fastlane business (?), is the market going to crash as soon as I buy my first property, am I going to crash and burn, etc. I'm working on a real estate license course to be complimentary to the investing. I spent hours writing in a journal figuring out my path in life and somehow that is where I ended up. It's also something to get started in taking action and then I can supplement with my other ideas.

My first target goal is getting out of the law enforcement job. I honestly feel like if I can do so in a logical way that doesn't uproot my family's existence, I can succeed much better. That's just how I feel. Going back to school really isn't what I want to do and going and finding another job doesn't entirely feel like the best path with what I'm trying to accomplish.

The real estate thing feels like I'm making progress toward a goal, which takes some pressure off my anxiety and stress of the police job, but I am still unsure of myself. I'm trying to avoid all forms of doubt and anyone telling me I'm going to fail. I'm tired of spinning my wheels and being pulled in a thousand different directions.

Let's start with some goals and timelines for the book.

When can you get a copy sold by? Next month?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.