The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A proper introduction.

Mihaiio

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Aug 6, 2020
Romania
Hey, i'm 15 and want to move from home and drop out of highschool, i know how it sounds but I know it's not a walk in the park.

After almost 2 years since my "introduction" i finally got the mindset and I'm ready to take action.

After a lot of action faking reading books that I don't remember anything from (except some, like Mark Manson's The Subtle art Of Not Giving a F*ck), and so much procrastination, i finally gave up on gaming, fixed my posture, and with it my self esteem and social anxiety.

It's time to start the journey I've been fantasizing about since Highschool seems encreasingly difficult and pointless, especially in the pandemic where the social aspect is absent.

There are a lot of people that started theyr journey with copywriting as a skill so I want to know if it's possible to learn enough in 4 months to actually start getting clients (with enough daily practice, I'm ready to do whatever it takes)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
I recommend you finish high school. While college is certainly optional for a lot of people, the basic math, English, etc., education we get from high school constitute a critical threshold of minimums for success. And don't just go through the motions to finish high school...learn the stuff.

You mentioned copy writing in your post. You can't be a successful copy writer without good English skills. High school will give you the basics English skills you need.

Mihaiio

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Aug 6, 2020
Romania
I recommend you finish high school. While college is certainly optional for a lot of people, the basic math, English, etc., education we get from high school constitute a critical threshold of minimums for success. And don't just go through the motions to finish high school...learn the stuff.

You mentioned copy writing in your post. You can't be a successful copy writer without good English skills. High school will give you the basics English skills you need.
I understand, But after a week long break I forgot 1 semester and a half worth of stuff and haven't learned anything useful. That's why i consider dropping out (of course, not before learning how to make a living)

For english I guess it would be true if it was the main language of the school but it's the first foreign language (second being french), i also took the option of attending extra classes (best decision so far), also using 10th grade books and i still don't feel challenged.

I know it sounds like I'm rushing ahead. But I'm still going to learn to do something, and as soon as it becomes a realistic option I'll drop out (Also I can't do it untill finishing 10th grade, so i'll realize that this is a bad idea sooner or later)

Thanks for feedback.

D

Deleted74338

Hey, i'm 15 and want to move from home and drop out of highschool, i know how it sounds but I know it's not a walk in the park.

After almost 2 years since my "introduction" i finally got the mindset and I'm ready to take action.

After a lot of action faking reading books that I don't remember anything from (except some, like Mark Manson's The Subtle art Of Not Giving a f*ck), and so much procrastination, i finally gave up on gaming, fixed my posture, and with it my self esteem and social anxiety.

It's time to start the journey I've been fantasizing about since Highschool seems encreasingly difficult and pointless, especially in the pandemic where the social aspect is absent.

There are a lot of people that started theyr journey with copywriting as a skill so I want to know if it's possible to learn enough in 4 months to actually start getting clients (with enough daily practice, I'm ready to do whatever it takes)
Finish high school then do whatever you want. What's with the rush? I see you are from Romania and I hail from a little village from Romania as well. I see people over there giving up their future just to go to England or Germany and make a quick buck in the construction business, which saddens me a lot. 50% from the people from my class blew the Baccalaureate and I know education is unbelievably stupid over there but just do it. Even at 30 you are still young, let alone 15. I don't think you have the "mindset" yet. That thing develops as you grow as a person in the entrepreneurship business, at 15 I thought I had it all figured out as well. Also you are talking about moving from home, moving where exactly? Who's going to take care of you? Really think this through mate, I don't think you quite understand what you are trying to do. Finish your diploma and at the same time gather the skills you need, then when you have those skills you can start a business.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mihaiio

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Aug 6, 2020
Romania
Finish high school then do whatever you want. What's with the rush? I see you are from Romania and I hail from a little village from Romania as well. I see people over there giving up their future just to go to England or Germany and make a quick buck in the construction business, which saddens me a lot. 50% from the people from my class blew the Baccalaureate and I know education is unbelievably stupid over there but just do it. Even at 30 you are still young, let alone 15. I don't think you have the "mindset" yet. That thing develops as you grow as a person in the entrepreneurship business, at 15 I thought I had it all figured out as well. Also you are talking about moving from home, moving where exactly? Who's going to take care of you? Really think this through mate, I don't think you quite understand what you are trying to do. Finish your diploma and at the same time gather the skills you need, then when you have those skills you can start a business.

First of all thank you for taking the time and energy to reply to me and give valuable advice. I've changed my mind since this morning. I was trying to start with the end first (like I always do if I think about it) but then I realized a few things:

1. It'd be way easier to accomplish stuff if I had good habits and skills and also bad habits removed.

2. If I feel determinated enough to embark on a 10 year journey now, then building good habits instead would not only be easier but also more beneficial in the long run

3. Even if it worked i'd wish I had memories from highschool, and I'd also hate myself for underestimating how hard life is while being aware that I was underestimating it for the next 3 years at least. And what's the point on having a road trip if it's not enjoyable

Your reply made me understand things on a deeper level and now I feel a little stupid, haha...

Speed112

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Dec 5, 2013
Over here, over there.
Salut, Mihai...

You seem to be in a very similar position to mine many years ago.

I too had ambitious dreams and realized the common path would not get me there... I had followed it far enough to know that for sure. Got into Poli and saw how much I had to slow down to be allowed to move forward by all the crabs hanging out at the bottom of the bucket.

Copywriting was my choice for the road less traveled. It took me about 6 months of diligent study and practice to get to a point where I could charge real people real money and get them real results.

But here's the thing...

I've been fluent in English since I was 4 years old. I finished top3 of my class in a top10 highschool in the country. I never skimped on any subject and had already built a very expansive repository of knowledge. I love learning... And while giving up on higher education and setting off on my own with copywriting was genuinely the single most important and best decision I've ever made in my life...

It has been hard as F*ck.

Romania is not the greatest place for this. Europe is not. Hell, not even America is a good place for this. The world is not welcoming to people who want and get more. People are not willing or capable to understand these things... going against the tide will necessarily be met with resistance.

I've been ostracized by all my family and friends and had to cut off pretty much everyone out of my life. Some of them came around after a few years of me proving myself and them being disillusioned by the reality of the world, but most have not. And those years were some lonely-a$$ years.

That didn't bother me. I enjoy solitude. But if you're not ready to face it, it can be very crippling.

And I still failed. Despite having built the skills and the resources and the connections. I f*cked up and lost everything and had to get back up and start from zero (save my knowledge and experience).

The bad habits and the anxieties and limiting beliefs you think are fixed will resurface. You might be faced with a shock or an insurmountable challenge or simply the struggles of success itself. The storm will come. And if you're not ready to navigate through it, your ship WILL sink.

The slowlane has its purpose. It's slow, but steady, safe, easy, comfortable. It's not without risk, and the longer you take before you start speeding up and overtaking your peers, the more costly it becomes...

But it gives you the space to invest in yourself without worry. To build those skills you need. The experience. Go through smaller failures you can learn from, and encounter the failures of others, so the storms that come are milder and you can build a stronger ship.

I know home-life can be stressful and frustrating, but it's a roof over your head and some level of security that you don't have to worry about. Moving out, especially to a foreign place, takes a lot of effort and endurance to navigate. There will be many challenges you simply cannot comprehend or expect until you're facing them for the first time. You can totally do it at 15, I'm sure it's doable, but it's not sound and it will come at significant long-term costs because you're deferring investing in yourself.

You've still got what, 3 years of highschool? Until you're 18 you're still under society's protection, whether you like it or not, so may as well make the most out of it. Use these 3 years to build your skills and experience and start creating value. Reinvest what you produce in yourself, save the excess, and then you can move out later when you're ready and can keep yourself secure.

I moved out at 19 with $300 to my name, but I had a rent-free living space and already knew how to print money on demand with copywriting. I could cover my monthly living expenses with one day of work, so I had no concern for security. I just needed more space to grow and progress.

You probably don't have these privileges... yet. And you've got sufficient space, as you're still at the start of your road.

So I suggest you take your time. If you want to commit to copywriting, then commit to it and build those skills. Grab the Boron Letters or look at ads on Swipe.co and study. Read Ca$hvertising and every other copywriting book you can get your hands on. And most importantly... WRITE!

No amount of study can beat deliberate exercise and practice. Pick some random product or brand and write an ad for them. Write 100 headlines. Take a book or something you enjoy and write 50 bullet-points pointing out its benefits. Do something every day. It doesn't have to be all the time. It can be 1 hour. Or 10 minutes. Or 3 hours.

But do it every single day.

And then, 6 months from now, when you feel you're writing WELL and are confident you can get real results for people, you can go out in the marketplace and charge for the thing you're already doing. Write headlines for other people. Bulletpoints. Ads. Facebook, Google, sales pages, emails. Anything you can get your hands on.

You can start by doing it for free if you need confidence. Go in random business-related Facebook groups or forums and get to know people then offer to write to them for free. A lot will pay you even though they don't have to just because you did a great job.

Once you have some general experience and a feel for things, you can tell what you're particularly good at and specialize. Maybe there's a niche you especially enjoy, or you prefer short-form ads over long-form email. Pick something and get REALLY REALLY good at it and you will never struggle again.

But it's important to understand... if you are going to be a great copywriter, you MUST have very extensive knowledge and experience. Masterful copywriting is 90% research and only 10% writing. You must be able to relate with people from all walks of life, of all demographics, get in their shoes and empathize. You must understand advanced technical subjects and common down-to-earth life stuff.

Your knowledge is your #1 asset as a copywriter. You can't have adequate knowledge without a proper education (which can be self-taught), and you can't have adequate knowledge without proper human experience. To be great you need to travel, meet new people, experience new things. Learn new languages, engage with foreign cultures, get your mind blown by counter-intuitive concepts.

The broader your experience is, the more types of tools in your copywriter arsenal. The deeper your understanding, the sharper and more effective those tools are.

You need both breadth and depth.

So keep learning. Read everything you can. Be curious like a mofo and explore ideas as far as you can. Have fun with it, too! There are no mistakes. Only learning. And I'm sure you'll become great if you stick to it.

Anyway, read @Lex DeVille 's post on how to be a freelance copywriter here GOLD! - Lex DeVille's: 15 Days to Freedom - Make Money Copywriting in 15 Days or Less .

You can do this in way less than 6 months. Maybe not 15 days, but who knows how good you already are at these things?

But you don't have to give up your security to start walking down this path. Start WALKING. You can build up to jogging, running, and the eventual lambo going 300km/h... over time.

And if you need any resources to help you get started, PM me and I'll share with you my huge repository of swiped ads, books, courses, and whatever else you need to be a top-tier copywriter.

May your efforts lead to freedom and greatness,
Speed

Harman

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Mar 5, 2021
Mesa, Arizona
Perhaps you can change how you view High School.

Instead of seeing it as a barrier, holding you back you can capitalize on the opportunity.

My own High School education experience was worthless, the opportunity for networking is outstanding.

You could find problems classmates are experiencing and get creative in finding solutions.

Many of my old buddies have gone on to build their own businesses and because we've kept in touch over the years they were some of my first clients with my first actual business.

I gotta steal @Andy Black's Mother Theresa quote here, "Help one person at a time, and always start with the person nearest you."

You're young, you're willing, and you have a ton to offer to the people around you.

Branko

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Mar 30, 2021
Salut, Mihai...

You seem to be in a very similar position to mine many years ago.

I too had ambitious dreams and realized the common path would not get me there... I had followed it far enough to know that for sure. Got into Poli and saw how much I had to slow down to be allowed to move forward by all the crabs hanging out at the bottom of the bucket.

Copywriting was my choice for the road less traveled. It took me about 6 months of diligent study and practice to get to a point where I could charge real people real money and get them real results.

But here's the thing...

I've been fluent in English since I was 4 years old. I finished top3 of my class in a top10 highschool in the country. I never skimped on any subject and had already built a very expansive repository of knowledge. I love learning... And while giving up on higher education and setting off on my own with copywriting was genuinely the single most important and best decision I've ever made in my life...

It has been hard as f*ck.

Romania is not the greatest place for this. Europe is not. Hell, not even America is a good place for this. The world is not welcoming to people who want and get more. People are not willing or capable to understand these things... going against the tide will necessarily be met with resistance.

I've been ostracized by all my family and friends and had to cut off pretty much everyone out of my life. Some of them came around after a few years of me proving myself and them being disillusioned by the reality of the world, but most have not. And those years were some lonely-a$$ years.

That didn't bother me. I enjoy solitude. But if you're not ready to face it, it can be very crippling.

And I still failed. Despite having built the skills and the resources and the connections. I f*cked up and lost everything and had to get back up and start from zero (save my knowledge and experience).

The bad habits and the anxieties and limiting beliefs you think are fixed will resurface. You might be faced with a shock or an insurmountable challenge or simply the struggles of success itself. The storm will come. And if you're not ready to navigate through it, your ship WILL sink.

The slowlane has its purpose. It's slow, but steady, safe, easy, comfortable. It's not without risk, and the longer you take before you start speeding up and overtaking your peers, the more costly it becomes...

But it gives you the space to invest in yourself without worry. To build those skills you need. The experience. Go through smaller failures you can learn from, and encounter the failures of others, so the storms that come are milder and you can build a stronger ship.

I know home-life can be stressful and frustrating, but it's a roof over your head and some level of security that you don't have to worry about. Moving out, especially to a foreign place, takes a lot of effort and endurance to navigate. There will be many challenges you simply cannot comprehend or expect until you're facing them for the first time. You can totally do it at 15, I'm sure it's doable, but it's not sound and it will come at significant long-term costs because you're deferring investing in yourself.

You've still got what, 3 years of highschool? Until you're 18 you're still under society's protection, whether you like it or not, so may as well make the most out of it. Use these 3 years to build your skills and experience and start creating value. Reinvest what you produce in yourself, save the excess, and then you can move out later when you're ready and can keep yourself secure.

I moved out at 19 with $300 to my name, but I had a rent-free living space and already knew how to print money on demand with copywriting. I could cover my monthly living expenses with one day of work, so I had no concern for security. I just needed more space to grow and progress.

You probably don't have these privileges... yet. And you've got sufficient space, as you're still at the start of your road.

So I suggest you take your time. If you want to commit to copywriting, then commit to it and build those skills. Grab the Boron Letters or look at ads on Swipe.co and study. Read Ca$hvertising and every other copywriting book you can get your hands on. And most importantly... WRITE!

No amount of study can beat deliberate exercise and practice. Pick some random product or brand and write an ad for them. Write 100 headlines. Take a book or something you enjoy and write 50 bullet-points pointing out its benefits. Do something every day. It doesn't have to be all the time. It can be 1 hour. Or 10 minutes. Or 3 hours.

But do it every single day.

And then, 6 months from now, when you feel you're writing WELL and are confident you can get real results for people, you can go out in the marketplace and charge for the thing you're already doing. Write headlines for other people. Bulletpoints. Ads. Facebook, Google, sales pages, emails. Anything you can get your hands on.

You can start by doing it for free if you need confidence. Go in random business-related Facebook groups or forums and get to know people then offer to write to them for free. A lot will pay you even though they don't have to just because you did a great job.

Once you have some general experience and a feel for things, you can tell what you're particularly good at and specialize. Maybe there's a niche you especially enjoy, or you prefer short-form ads over long-form email. Pick something and get REALLY REALLY good at it and you will never struggle again.

But it's important to understand... if you are going to be a great copywriter, you MUST have very extensive knowledge and experience. Masterful copywriting is 90% research and only 10% writing. You must be able to relate with people from all walks of life, of all demographics, get in their shoes and empathize. You must understand advanced technical subjects and common down-to-earth life stuff.

Your knowledge is your #1 asset as a copywriter. You can't have adequate knowledge without a proper education (which can be self-taught), and you can't have adequate knowledge without proper human experience. To be great you need to travel, meet new people, experience new things. Learn new languages, engage with foreign cultures, get your mind blown by counter-intuitive concepts.

The broader your experience is, the more types of tools in your copywriter arsenal. The deeper your understanding, the sharper and more effective those tools are.

You need both breadth and depth.

So keep learning. Read everything you can. Be curious like a mofo and explore ideas as far as you can. Have fun with it, too! There are no mistakes. Only learning. And I'm sure you'll become great if you stick to it.

Anyway, read @Lex DeVille 's post on how to be a freelance copywriter here GOLD! - Lex DeVille's: 15 Days to Freedom - Make Money Copywriting in 15 Days or Less .

You can do this in way less than 6 months. Maybe not 15 days, but who knows how good you already are at these things?

But you don't have to give up your security to start walking down this path. Start WALKING. You can build up to jogging, running, and the eventual lambo going 300km/h... over time.

And if you need any resources to help you get started, PM me and I'll share with you my huge repository of swiped ads, books, courses, and whatever else you need to be a top-tier copywriter.

May your efforts lead to freedom and greatness,
Speed
love this reply

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!