The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A Problem That Needs Solving

Idea threads

10Fold

Custom titles are a dope idea
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 15, 2020
Wellington, New Zealand
Have you ever seen those spiral ear cleaners? Rather than pushing ear wax they are able to capture it much better.
I'm curious to know what it is like in different areas around the world but here in nz, they are hard to come by.

With the likelihood that the average person could do with cleaner ears in mind, I thought I'd capitalise.

For the trial run, I went worry too much about C.E.N.T.S. But if if this pulls through, I'm going to be obsessed with it.

With that in mind, I plan to start a shopify store and run ads on social media for the trial. In the event of a success I will prioritize work on control and scale, optimising value in the process.

I have bought about 20 units with disposable tips (comes with 16 tips and reusable holder) and also 5 units of a long term kit.

Didn't cost too much. Was able to get a voucher and free shipping costing me only $33. I'd imagine the ads would be my biggest expense.

If all goes well, I should be able to create enough of a brand to where I dont need to be reliant in ads and could potentially exit.

Keen to hear anyone's thoughts

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

beres8011

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
May 2, 2023
Albuquerque, New Mexico USA
Have you ever seen those spiral ear cleaners? Rather than pushing ear wax they are able to capture it much better.
I'm curious to know what it is like in different areas around the world but here in nz, they are hard to come by.

With the likelihood that the average person could do with cleaner ears in mind, I thought I'd capitalise.

For the trial run, I went worry too much about C.E.N.T.S. But if if this pulls through, I'm going to be obsessed with it.

With that in mind, I plan to start a shopify store and run ads on social media for the trial. In the event of a success I will prioritize work on control and scale, optimising value in the process.

I have bought about 20 units with disposable tips (comes with 16 tips and reusable holder) and also 5 units of a long term kit.

Didn't cost too much. Was able to get a voucher and free shipping costing me only $33. I'd imagine the ads would be my biggest expense.

If all goes well, I should be able to create enough of a brand to where I dont need to be reliant in ads and could potentially exit.

Keen to hear anyone's thoughts
Good luck. Sounds interesting.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
@MitchC @fastlane_dad @NeoDialectic @BizyDad @Kak

Calling the troops!

Might want to move it to INSIDERS only, seems like a specific product that anyone could “steal” and out market? Safer on the INSIDERS.

Market will decide.

• How does it compare in price to Q-tips per item?
• Is it a real commodity type of product or can it be branded?
• Is there an inconvenience with current design that you could improve? Invent newer and better versions?

10Fold

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 15, 2020
Wellington, New Zealand
@MitchC @fastlane_dad @NeoDialectic @BizyDad @Kak

Calling the troops!

Might want to move it to INSIDERS only, seems like a specific product that anyone could “steal” and out market? Safer on the INSIDERS.

Market will decide.

• How does it compare in price to Q-tips per item?
• Is it a real commodity type of product or can it be branded?
• Is there an inconvenience with current design that you could improve? Invent newer and better versions?
At this stage I don't mind it being on the main forum.

I can get the special q tips cheaper than the regular ones retail which means I can still be reasonably competitive.

With these ones, you won't need to use them as much as they will provide a more thorough clean. This means that customers can end up spending less in the long run.

I could definitely look at branding and making deals with manufacturers in general to tweak the products and provide customers with better quality and value. Definitely something to consider after the trial.

Thank you very much for your input!

10Fold

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 15, 2020
Wellington, New Zealand
Well, it arrived and its horrible. The quality is no good and it wasn't the experience I was hoping for cleaning my ears. I kinda got what I deserved.

Q-tips are surprisingly dangerous for your ears and I'm not sure if the ones I got are any different.

After doing research I should've done before all of this I found that the best way to clean your ears is with soap and water.

If your ears are full of wax, turns out it's something a doctor should do.

You can get sprays aswell but they're widely available where I am.

Because of this, I have decided to no longer pursue this venture.

It was not in vain at least. Some good lessons to be learned.

OutofPoverty

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
308%
Jul 4, 2018
Well, it arrived and its horrible. The quality is no good and it wasn't the experience I was hoping for cleaning my ears. I kinda got what I deserved.

Q-tips are surprisingly dangerous for your ears and I'm not sure if the ones I got are any different.

After doing research I should've done before all of this I found that the best way to clean your ears is with soap and water.

If your ears are full of wax, turns out it's something a doctor should do.

You can get sprays aswell but they're widely available where I am.

Because of this, I have decided to no longer pursue this venture.

It was not in vain at least. Some good lessons to be learned.
You could look at a product like this and see if there are some value skews you could do

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Nov 21, 2016
Just so you know, ears are self-cleaning. You should not be regularly putting things in your ears unless it is absolutely necessary.

And just in case anyone isn't aware: DO NOT PUT Q-TIPS IN YOUR EARS FOR ANY REASON.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.