royalads
New Contributor
- Joined
- Apr 29, 2015
- Messages
- 7
Rep Bank
$65
$65
User Power: 86%
Hello to my Fellow fastlaners; first and foremost, I really want to appreciate members who make out time to post very valuable contents on this forum; I visit here every day to draw inspirations. That said, I made an introductory post some months ago, on how I wanted to start my kindle publishing, and so far, I have 3 books up; am working on the 4th book right now although the income is not really impressive for now. I really need some advice from fellow fastlaners; it all got to do with PARENTAL CONTROL. It’s going to be a long write up, but please bear with me and read through.
I am from somewhere in Africa where parents play a very vital role in the lives of their children both young and adult; it is not surprising to see a guy over 35 years still staying in his parent's house over here.
I am 25 years old, am still in college studying law, and will be heading to Law school by next year. Even before I read ‘The Millionaire Fastlane ’ I knew that law wasn’t for me, I prefered to be an online entrepreneur to being a lawyer, but I went ahead to study law just to make them happy. My parents are so domineering, they always see it as their right for us the children to always obey them to the last order without questions and it is interfering badly with my plans to workout a success fastlane business. for instance, 2 years ago, my school was on a long term break that lasted for 6 months, I planned to start back in town (course my school is in another state from where my parents stay) and self train myself on programming; my parents called me threatening not to pay my fees again if I don’t come back home, I travelled home and wasted 6 months doing absolutely nothing (how home runs it, you wake up, you are expected to not have any plan for the day, all you do is wait for any errands that will come from mummy or daddy , which are so numerous, before the end of the day, you get so fagged out).
This month again, I told them that am done with exams and they are expecting me to come home and still waste time, meanwhile, I had planned to stay back here to work on getting as many books published on kindle as I can during this holiday period. THE PROBLEM is that my parents are on my neck to come back home, they have been sending me texts like ‘am stubborn and my life will never turn out well, I don’t love them, bla bla bla just to make me come back home (they don’t threaten me with’ not paying my bills anymore because am actually footing my bills now from online freelance jobs I do). The question is, should I go home again and waste over 4 months doing nothing just to please my parents, or should I ignore ( which is what am doing now) and stay back and continue working on my book? Will I turn out a failure for going against my parent’s control?
I am from somewhere in Africa where parents play a very vital role in the lives of their children both young and adult; it is not surprising to see a guy over 35 years still staying in his parent's house over here.
I am 25 years old, am still in college studying law, and will be heading to Law school by next year. Even before I read ‘The Millionaire Fastlane ’ I knew that law wasn’t for me, I prefered to be an online entrepreneur to being a lawyer, but I went ahead to study law just to make them happy. My parents are so domineering, they always see it as their right for us the children to always obey them to the last order without questions and it is interfering badly with my plans to workout a success fastlane business. for instance, 2 years ago, my school was on a long term break that lasted for 6 months, I planned to start back in town (course my school is in another state from where my parents stay) and self train myself on programming; my parents called me threatening not to pay my fees again if I don’t come back home, I travelled home and wasted 6 months doing absolutely nothing (how home runs it, you wake up, you are expected to not have any plan for the day, all you do is wait for any errands that will come from mummy or daddy , which are so numerous, before the end of the day, you get so fagged out).
This month again, I told them that am done with exams and they are expecting me to come home and still waste time, meanwhile, I had planned to stay back here to work on getting as many books published on kindle as I can during this holiday period. THE PROBLEM is that my parents are on my neck to come back home, they have been sending me texts like ‘am stubborn and my life will never turn out well, I don’t love them, bla bla bla just to make me come back home (they don’t threaten me with’ not paying my bills anymore because am actually footing my bills now from online freelance jobs I do). The question is, should I go home again and waste over 4 months doing nothing just to please my parents, or should I ignore ( which is what am doing now) and stay back and continue working on my book? Will I turn out a failure for going against my parent’s control?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
