What's new

A less than one year update, some takeaways...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Barracuda

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Joined
Jul 2, 2020
Messages
37
Location
The Promenade Towers
Rep Bank
$305
User Power: 259%
Hello everyone,
I joined TFF about a year ago, this is my introduction.

About a year ago, I came across a lot of posts by people on the forum. This forum looked like a goldmine! Not only because of the content, but also the active community.

I'm currently working an online job without the need for a degree of any sort, self sufficient, managed to graduate college a few months ago.

My point this time last year was this:
1. Broke, I had no job..never had a job.
2. Lazy and undisciplined(see my previous posts if you feel like it).
3. At the cusp of dropping out of college(super low gpa).
4. Super depressed (Isolated-due to COVID, unemployable- due to poor health and no skill).
5. Hospitalized (was with crutches as at my first post)
6. I had no friends
......

Now that that's out of the way.

I want to preface this by saying, I'm in no way where I want to be neither am I super successful.
This is what I've applied, and what worked for me. Hence, a little success.

This is so anyone who feels it's relevant could benefit, and I could learn a lot more. I'm constantly learning, please feel free to input.

1. Unitask - Don't do multiple s**t at the same time. I have a guitar in my room that I haven't been able to learn how to play in over 6yrs even though I wanted to. True story.

This is because I've always been doing multiple unrelated things at the same time i.e. learning guitar, binging movies, school study(barely), programming e.t.c.

I could pick up 20+ hobbies at the same time if I could.

This is a bad idea.
I did the opposite of that, stuck to school the first half of the year, my average gpa moved from 1.9/5 to 4.2/5.
I did the same thing with learning a single skill, I'm earning from the skill now.

2. Don't stop after a little success, and don't stop after a little failure:
A good book on this is the Slight Edge.
In it, I'm paraphrasing here, the author Jeff Olson said:
"The things that carry us from failure to survival will also carry us from survival to success".

3. Think long term:
Every obstacle would seem minute if you think long term. Everything takes time, time is the catalyst which fuels life.

4. Don't compare yourself with others, but with who you were yesterday:
It's cliché but 100% accurate especially in our age of social media.
I found myself failing at this a lot.

5. Think and set goals i.e. where you want to be:
You don't have to know how you will get there, just know where you're going i.e. a car, laptop, house, a business earning X amount annually, X Gpa score.
Let your imagination speculate on the problem to be solved. The answers will come.

Remember:You see what you aim at.

6. Eliminate distractions and be intentional about your actions:
I quit a lot of my hobbies i.e. music, movies, social media, pointless relationships and conversations e.t.c.

Those were the times my problems were apparent, IMO these are all an escape from reality, hence your problems.
I still do these things, I still watch and enjoy movies, but it's grossly reduced.
I don't care about gerald who watches a lot of movies, is super hot and a multi billionaire. Not my business.

This is what worked for me, I'm open to suggestions if it's practical and it reflects in the person's life style.

Don't let a junkie tell you how to form good habits.

7. If you have a question, Ask! :
I could have failed college easily if I didn't just ask for help.
If you have a problem, solve it either by asking people, the internet, or books e.t.c.

Successful people just solve the right problems.

Odds are that there's someone on this earth who has the answer to your problems, and he or she could fix your life up with one sentence if you'd just ask.

The mistake I used to make and see a lot of people make is not asking questions or asking it the wrong way.
Ask specific questions to solve a specific problem.

This forum is a goldmine! I have a lot to learn.
I'm doomed the day I think I know more than I really know.

And like Jon Snow, I know nothing.

Peace.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Hsiev velit nz gsoipf, vjepl zua gus tjesoph.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom