The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A HUGE Fastlane opportunity for food/commodity entrepreneurs

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
I just stumbled upon this website earlier today and thought I would share this:
Export Essentials Online

This website shows you how to export ag commodities and food products from the U.S. to other countries.

Considering everybody and their mother is importing stuff from China, why not try exporting there?

China's population is exploding and they are ravenous for meat products and other food products. Considering that only 15% of China's land can actually be cultivated, they are importing huge quantities of food products from other countries.

Not only that - think of all the shipping containers in the U.S. that go back to China empty. There is ENORMOUS opportunity here. The potential for BILLIONS.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
@Scot

Something for your free time ;)

You’re right. I did get 6 hours of sleep last night. I can shave this down to 4.

I saw this thread earlier. I wish I could weight in on this as the “food guy” but I don’t know much about Ag exporting.

YoungPadawan

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
Also, with this tool, you can see who the biggest importers are of a particular food or commodity:
OEC: The Observatory of Economic Complexity

I'm sure there are a bunch more resources on how to do this, (buying bulk, or growing, bulk commodities and distributing them) this was just something I stumbled upon.
You could become your own mini Cargill! :hilarious:

Last edited:

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
but I don’t know much about Ag exporting.

Not yet.

FYI, I learned today that some states offer grants to small businesses looking to start exporting their products.

YoungPadawan

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015

YoungPadawan

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
Not yet.

FYI, I learned today that some states offer grants to small businesses looking to start exporting their products.
Yeah, I'm finding that there are TONS of associations and government programs that LOVE to see people exporting food products and would be more than willing to help.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
About a hour up the road from my house. A new Rice farm/mill was built. The person who owns it, is from China.

Davejemmolly

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Oct 1, 2018
Australia
Chinese corporations have been buying up millions of acres of wheat and grazing country in Australia for at least 15 years now (probably longer).

A lot of these companies appear to be backed by the Chinese government, so I suspect internally, they’re well advanced in solving this problem, and at massive scale.

Ie - in late 2016 a Chinese company bought a 33% share in Australia largest privately held landholding (34,000 square miles) in a collaboration with Australia’s richest woman, in venture called Australia Outback Beef

Last edited:

YoungPadawan

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
Chinese corporations have been buying up millions of acres of wheat and grazing country in Australia for at least 15 years now (probably longer).

A lot of these companies appear to be backed by the Chinese government, so I suspect internally, they’re well advanced in solving this problem, and at massive scale
Yep, they've also been purchasing land in Africa and buying soybeans from Brazil as well. I just used China as an example.

Corn, soybeans and wheat are just three commodities. There is still enormous opportunity to export there, and this will be a major problem for the Chinese government in years to come because of rising wages in China. The middle class is getting a major appetite for meat products and there have been food scandals in China that have turned the Chinese on imported food products from countries that have stricter regulations.

There will ALWAYS be shortages in certain countries and surpluses in others. There are TRILLIONS of dollars getting shipped between countries. If you can help stabilize the distribution of these food commodities, you can be worth billions.

Davejemmolly

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Oct 1, 2018
Australia
I read somewhere (it might have been on here!) that 90% of all shipping containers head back to China empty, and that amazon have recently (last couple of years) been granted an international shipping license, which has the potential to dramatically decrease the cost of international shipping both out of, but also into China.

Definitely opportunities there, if you’ve got enough moxie!

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
OK Young Padawan,great idea. In Australia there have been fighting in the supermarkets(Chinese folk) over baby formulas which they then send back to China for sale at a huge profit. There is a very strong and rich market there for baby formula,if you have a quality product in the USA then fill those containers up someone.

YoungPadawan

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
OK Young Padawan,great idea. In Australia there have been fighting in the supermarkets(Chinese folk) over baby formulas which they then send back to China for sale at a huge profit. There is a very strong and rich market there for baby formula,if you have a quality product in the USA then fill those containers up someone.
Exactly! In 2008 there was a baby formula scandal in China where there was Melamine in the formula and infants we're getting kidney stones and some died. Pretty bad stuff.

Shepherd

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
362%
Jul 10, 2017
Great post. Definitely need to do some research since I'm already in the Ag space.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.