The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

a few words about me

przyszlymilioner

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 13, 2023
Hello everyone. I've attempted to write this message several times, but something always held me back. Today, it seems like the day I can push through, even though my thoughts are quite chaotic. I'll try to summarize everything as concisely as possible to make it easier for you to follow along.

I've been here for about two weeks. Around that time, I read Demarco's book, which organized all the knowledge I had absorbed over the years in the field of personal development, particularly concerning my professional life, which greatly impacts me daily. I can no longer see life the way I used to; I now see it through the lens of a producer rather than merely a consumer. Thank you, Demarco.

For many years, I've been working in sales at a corporation, with some successes. I love this profession and interacting with people, but as we know, I exchange my most valuable assets, time, for a few coins – yes, I've hit the ceiling. There are days when I feel good at this job, but most of the time, I'm held here only by the stable salary, which is above the average in my country but still not enough to do anything exciting with my life. Buying a good car or building a house would mean a 30-year loan, and that's not the life I want. The corporation has killed my creativity and resourcefulness, but fortunately, Demarco's book has rekindled some of it, and for the past two weeks, I've been thinking and jotting down ideas. I believe I'm capable of achieving professional success, especially since as a 13-year-old, I designed websites for local companies and earned my first money. Later, I wanted to create large websites that became successful in my country and beyond—I even had the idea for something like Instagram before it became trendy. But that doesn't matter today.

Unfortunately, my friends and acquaintances don't aspire to much in life, and even if they do, they don't take action. I come from a family where my father ran a successful business, later taken over by my sister because I foolishly gave up on it. She's now thriving without it being a Fastlane, but living a really good life. Lack of a supportive environment is the worst. I read in a book once that if you put a fish that naturally grows to several meters into a small tank, it will never grow beyond what the aquarium allows. That's so true. I tried to find like-minded people in my country and attended mastermind meetings when possible, but the people I met are focused on having another child and cannot take risks or spare much time. I always thought I needed people to work with, that I had to find someone to start after hours – or maybe I just wasn't persistent enough. The book changed that, and examples from the forum showed that many of you took action after your regular job.

I know myself somewhat, have a sense of my strengths, and today I have a clearer idea of what I enjoy and where I might excel, but my vision hasn't fully clarified yet. I hope that by reading your stories, my path will become clearer, and with time, I'll bring value to this forum. I now feel like a citizen of the world, with access to people and stories from different regions rather than just my own backyard. ;)

That's all. I hope you made it through, and pardon my imperfect English. ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

przyszlymilioner

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 13, 2023
I have a question: Who among you has been in a similar situation, and how did you handle it? As I mentioned earlier, I have a stable full-time job in a corporation that allows me to live comfortably, but buying a house would mean taking a 30-year mortgage - which seems daunting! I have acquaintances and friends, most of whom complain, but when I suggest actions or solutions, their response is usually along the lines of "let's just have a drink." Nothing ever comes out of it, and I'm already tired of being stuck in this loop of envisioning a better future, drinking, and partying.

Honestly, I truly believe that if I take some real action, I could potentially not have to work in 5-7 years. I really believe in this possibility, but my environment is incredibly limiting. Everyone wants change and a better life, but no one wants to do anything about it! Am I really attaching too much importance to my environment, or does it truly have such a strong influence on us?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...