The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A chance to start fresh/move...

Anything related to matters of the mind

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
I own a brick & mortar retail business + local service business in Louisiana.

The future for Louisiana does not look bright. I'm preparing to sell the businesses + my house & move somewhere that's growing with lots of opportunities, and doing something different (with Fastlane potential).

As MJ pointed out to me in another thread, I want drastic changes in my life but wasn't willing to MAKE drastic changes. I'm ready now.

Some of the places I'm considering:
Austin, TX
Charlotte, NC
Denver, CO
Nashville, TN

Or surrounding areas around those cities. I love Phoenix, but not sure on that heat! Getting an actual winter would be nice. What should I look for? Where would YOU move?

I would be debt-free, not trapped in a job or a house - starting Fresh. And get to do all the things that I would do if I could go back in time and start over. Thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Depends on the business type and how it must be managed.

If you are starting a location independent business, I'd go someplace with a big community of location independent entrepreneurs and lower cost of living.

Ex. Medellin - Colombia, Budapest - Hungary, Berlin - Germany, Lisbon - Portugal, would be some of my top choices.

If I were Hell bent on staying in the US I'd move to Denver.

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I own a brick & mortar retail business + local service business in Louisiana.

The future for Louisiana does not look bright. I'm preparing to sell the businesses + my house & move somewhere that's growing with lots of opportunities, and doing something different (with Fastlane potential).

As MJ pointed out to me in another thread, I want drastic changes in my life but wasn't willing to MAKE drastic changes. I'm ready now.

Some of the places I'm considering:
Austin, TX
Charlotte, NC
Denver, CO
Nashville, TN

Or surrounding areas around those cities. I love Phoenix, but not sure on that heat! Getting an actual winter would be nice. What should I look for? Where would YOU move?

I would be debt-free, not trapped in a job or a house - starting Fresh. And get to do all the things that I would do if I could go back in time and start over. Thoughts?
I've lived in Denver and Charlotte and would choose Denver every time. great entrepreneur community, larger city, and all the outdoors stuff in your free time.

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
List of Metropolitan Statistical Areas - Wikipedia

I have no idea if this is useful to you and your business. I just thought it was cool and shows the growth rates. If you include the average birthrate any city at 3% is neutral on this chart in regards to people moving in/out. Above that means people are moving in. Below that and people are moving out.

It looks like a ton of people are moving out of IL OH PA NY CT region and people are moving the most into TX FL and a ton others.

I thinks it funny seeing this since I just move from IL to FL.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
I've decided Austin is the best place for me - easier logistics, lower cost of living, not a big sprawling city but growing fast, good entrepreneurial scene & lots of opportunities. Now I have to figure out everything else!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.