The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A 17-year-old from Singapore

aevtfo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Oct 24, 2017
Singapore
Hello, Everyone

My name is Vincent and I live in Singapore. I am a 17-year-old currently studying in a vocational education known as ITE and I can tell you straight that there is no one in my school that possesses the Fastlane mindset. They are just breezing through and going with the flow thinking the government will take good care of them. What a waste.

Anyways, I found this book on my local library without hearing about it online and it had transformed my way of thinking and probably you too. Thank you MJ DeMarco
for this eye-opening book and I look forward to solving problems in my society as well as listening to everyone's experiences in the forum.

Regards,
Vincent

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Welcome!
I'm from Malaysia, and am about to finish college studies.

Yay...vocational studies. It may be a good path given that some practical stuff can be gotten from there. But well, I have been hearing on Singapore's education...not everything is hunky dory there, huh? But if you think the brainwashing is worse in your place, you haven't seen the other cohorts like junior colleges...hell bent on stepping on each other for grades haha, from what I hear.

I tried to take an ASEAN scholarship entrance exam to potentially go to Singapore for high school and it was PACKED with people all scrambling to get in. I didn't get the spot, but well, this explains the insanity behind what people perceive to be real education.

Another good read for a Singaporean with a Fastlane-ish mindset would be 'Singapore's Lost Son' by Khaiwen Leong. He was a dropout, but he piked up his studies and got to the USA to get degrees and a Masters, and made millions in real estate. Found it in my own college library too lol. Amazing book. Go check it out if you haven't. Lots of nuggets on work ethic and the drive to succeed, very related to Fastlane.

aevtfo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Oct 24, 2017
Singapore
Welcome!

Yay...vocational studies. It may be a good path given that some practical stuff can be gotten from there. But well, I have been hearing on Singapore's education...not everything is hunky dory there, huh? But if you think the brainwashing is worse in your place, you haven't seen the other cohorts like junior colleges...hell bent on stepping on each other for grades haha, from what I hear.

I tried to take an ASEAN scholarship entrance exam to potentially go to Singapore for high school and it was PACKED with people all scrambling to get in. I didn't get the spot, but well, this explains the insanity behind what people perceive to be real education.

Another good read for a Singaporean with a Fastlane-ish mindset would be 'Singapore's Lost Son' by Khaiwen Leong. He was a dropout, but he piked up his studies and got to the USA to get degrees and a Masters, and made millions in real estate. Found it in my own college library too lol. Amazing book. Go check it out if you haven't. Lots of nuggets on work ethic and the drive to succeed, very related to Fastlane.

Hello ZF Lee,

All the best for your college studies in Malaysia! It is certainly true that Singaporeans become brainwashed by the slowlane path. We have a system called the CPF which is quite similar to the 401(k) where it is obligatory to contribute a certain percentage to your retirement fund. The government claims that they are "helping us to save for our benefit". Anyways, thank you for the book recommendation! I will be reading it as soon as I finish reading Unscripted ! I wish you success in your Fastlane Journey!

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
What's up! I'm currently living in Singapore too. It's been 2 months.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TYRWinter

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Aug 26, 2017
Chicago
Welcome Aevtfo. Fellow born and raised Singaporean here. Totally agree with your observations.

I myself subscribed to the old slowlane mindset and only after going to study in the U.S. did I undergo my own transformation. It's not easy to try and break free from the shackles of the Singaporean mindset while still in Singapore.

I was a poly graduate and was never a good student till I came to America. It's amazing how you have the opened your eyes to the fastlane mindset at such a young age and I wish you all the best.

Happy to answer any questions you may have, I'm 28 this year and it would have been awesome if I knew you what you know at your age.

TYRWinter

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Aug 26, 2017
Chicago
Welcome!

Thanks for the recommendation! I have bought the book on Amazon and will check it out. Always love to hear Singapore/Malaysian success stories that divert away from the norm.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
If any SG bros/sisters want to to a hangout somewhere - let me know!

I'm new to the city/state and have 0 friends (outside my comfort zone = growth).

I need more Singaporeans in my life. Y'all drive Lambos and Ferraris!

aevtfo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Oct 24, 2017
Singapore
Welcome Aevtfo. Fellow born and raised Singaporean here. Totally agree with your observations.

I myself subscribed to the old slowlane mindset and only after going to study in the U.S. did I undergo my own transformation. It's not easy to try and break free from the shackles of the Singaporean mindset while still in Singapore.

I was a poly graduate and was never a good student till I came to America. It's amazing how you have the opened your eyes to the fastlane mindset at such a young age and I wish you all the best.

Happy to answer any questions you may have, I'm 28 this year and it would have been awesome if I knew you what you know at your age.
Hello TYRWinter,
It is understandable that we are drawn to the slow-lane mindset when living in Singapore. The government schemes and most of the brain-washed people may alter your state of mind preventing you from taking the Fastlane road. I am glad to know that you managed to find your road in America. Thank you for your offer in providing me Solutions on any questions I may have. I wish you the Best of luck in your Roadtrip TYRWinter!

Warm Regards,
AEVTFO

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.