The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

9-5 IT Professional Working Hard to Retire by Age 36

francis_k

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
700%
Dec 6, 2015
Los Angeles
Hey everybody. Francis here. I joined this forum a while ago and got distracted by life and now that I've gained control over my life, I'm looking to make my contributions to the community.

I am an IT security auditor by day to pay the bills. I also run a small nutrition management practice that I'm looking to grow and transition to full-time. I've also always wanted to be a psychotherapist without having to get a masters degree, and for the last 6 months, I've been in a year-long hypnotherapy certification program and currently looking to combine nutrition management and hypnotherapy to build the business I was born to run: helping people achieve mental and physical health and wellness goals. I help people help themselves, whether it's conquering weight-loss goals, building muscle, learning to manage anxiety and depression, and overcoming fears and phobia. Mind over matter. Junk moods come from junk foods. The goal is to build an in-person practice here in Los Angeles and then transition to an online model over 3-5 years.

I joined the Fastlane Forum because I feel alone in my entrepreneurial journey and would like to meet other like-minded individuals that I can share my wins and loss stories with and also learn from theirs. All my IRL "friends" and "peers" don't believe that entrepreneurship is possible and think I'm crazy for wanting to retire in 6 years from my lucrative 9-5 office life so I can focus on running my own business. We'll see how it goes. I'm glad to be here and read all of your stories.

Cheers,
Francis

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You joined nearly 3 years ago, yea, that's some distraction!

Welcome aboard!

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Good luck. You've set yourself a high bar to leap over on several fronts. Plan your time carefully, and pace yourself. The human brain can only do one thing at a time and you want to be exceptional in your business dealings. Remember, "steady" progress wins the race. It's marathon, not a sprint. Most of the people competing with you are going to poop out way before they get to the finished line. If you plan for that reality, you can pick up their business assets and clients for almost nothing along the way -- which will increase your speed.

By the way, what are you going to do with the rest of your life after you retired at 36? How do you see your life when you've "arrived?"

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...