The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO 9-5 IT Professional Working Hard to Retire by Age 36

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

francis_k

New Contributor
Dec 6, 2015
Los Angeles
Hey everybody. Francis here. I joined this forum a while ago and got distracted by life and now that I've gained control over my life, I'm looking to make my contributions to the community.

I am an IT security auditor by day to pay the bills. I also run a small nutrition management practice that I'm looking to grow and transition to full-time. I've also always wanted to be a psychotherapist without having to get a masters degree, and for the last 6 months, I've been in a year-long hypnotherapy certification program and currently looking to combine nutrition management and hypnotherapy to build the business I was born to run: helping people achieve mental and physical health and wellness goals. I help people help themselves, whether it's conquering weight-loss goals, building muscle, learning to manage anxiety and depression, and overcoming fears and phobia. Mind over matter. Junk moods come from junk foods. The goal is to build an in-person practice here in Los Angeles and then transition to an online model over 3-5 years.

I joined the Fastlane Forum because I feel alone in my entrepreneurial journey and would like to meet other like-minded individuals that I can share my wins and loss stories with and also learn from theirs. All my IRL "friends" and "peers" don't believe that entrepreneurship is possible and think I'm crazy for wanting to retire in 6 years from my lucrative 9-5 office life so I can focus on running my own business. We'll see how it goes. I'm glad to be here and read all of your stories.

Cheers,
Francis

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
You joined nearly 3 years ago, yea, that's some distraction!

Welcome aboard!

WJK

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 9, 2017
Nikiski, Alaska
Good luck. You've set yourself a high bar to leap over on several fronts. Plan your time carefully, and pace yourself. The human brain can only do one thing at a time and you want to be exceptional in your business dealings. Remember, "steady" progress wins the race. It's marathon, not a sprint. Most of the people competing with you are going to poop out way before they get to the finished line. If you plan for that reality, you can pick up their business assets and clients for almost nothing along the way -- which will increase your speed.

By the way, what are you going to do with the rest of your life after you retired at 36? How do you see your life when you've "arrived?"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Thanks for sharing. I want a course to optimize for other than Google engines.
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock