The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

75% through the Unscripted book and about to launch my first real business soon!

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Long story short, I'm a guy in my early 30s (and still single), accomplishing nothing in life all these years, while everyone I know has soared way ahead of me in terms of relationships and career.

I currently work as a low-wage visual designer.

Actually, from the age I was 15 all the way to now, I've been an on-and-off "entrepreneur."

I would get excited by a business idea, go into it, buy a domain, setup my own products (my background is in visual design).........and 8 / 10+ of these "ventures" never saw the light of the day (because of the "arid desert / grind syndrome" mentioned in the Unscripted book).
The other 2, well....they saw 1 - 3 sales (one was a apparel customization biz, the other was a calendar software).

The reason wasn't in my work ethics though; I would work on my "ventures" after coming back from school in the past, worked on it while guys my age were out with hot girls, worked on it after I'm back from work.

After currently at 75% of the Unscripted Book, I realize what is my main issue: I did every single thing wrong. EVERY SINGLE THING. I was the "DO WHAT YOU LOVE" guy.
I was the loser who believed that as long as you have passion, it's enough to overcome all obstacles in life. Just like in the movies and those inspiring stories.

When I launched my "ventures" back then, I didn't care about the market. All I cared about was to create a product I personally love, then find ways to market it out. It failed hard.
And now that I look at other businesses also doing the same thing, I can understand why they failed.

This business which I'm in the process of starting now (going to launch in 1.5 - 2 months time), will probably be my 12th "venture". And this one is going to see the light of the day. It's related to the pet industry (but not pets or pet products) and it fulfills most of the C,E,N in the CENTS commandment.
(I can't say about T and S yet as I have not reached that part of the book).

This will be one of the few posts I'm going to be posting here, as I'll be spending all my time and energy trying to improve my business, and also to improve my personality, as I tend to be socially awkward, something I want to change too.

The Unscripted book, as well as MJ, is what I wished I had back then 20 yrs ago, then perhaps I can avoid most of all my screw-ups. Back then, I paid a lot of $$$ on those books which MJ said to avoid. You know, the shortcut feel-good type of books and DVDs etc.

So, in the coming 3 - 5 years ahead:

1. I want to live a meaningful life which truly belongs to me (currently working a zombie job which I don't believe in, only for the salary to fund my business)
  2. I want to give my parents a better life so they can go on holidays and leisure classes instead of working hard at their age (mid-60s)
  3. I want (a few) people to stop talking down to me and treating me like some low-IQ lesser human just because I earn a lot less than them
  4. I want to be less socially awkward and more socially confident
  5. I want to find a girl whom I like and who loves me (unlike my single friends who just wanna "settle" with any human who's a female). I want to be the guy whom girls would be proud to be with, and to introduce to their peers (this has more to do with my personal development than Unscripted ).
I am sick and tired of living this current life and I'm in the process of changing it for the better, or death can come and take me!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Aloha my good man.. I joined up here about a year ago but am only getting stuck in now after reading Unscripted twice and processing the information. I saw your thread and it resonated with me. How are you getting on dude?

JoeTube

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 13, 2022
Long story short, I'm a guy in my early 30s (and still single), accomplishing nothing in life all these years, while everyone I know has soared way ahead of me in terms of relationships and career.

I currently work as a low-wage visual designer.

Actually, from the age I was 15 all the way to now, I've been an on-and-off "entrepreneur."

I would get excited by a business idea, go into it, buy a domain, setup my own products (my background is in visual design).........and 8 / 10+ of these "ventures" never saw the light of the day (because of the "arid desert / grind syndrome" mentioned in the Unscripted book).
The other 2, well....they saw 1 - 3 sales (one was a apparel customization biz, the other was a calendar software).

The reason wasn't in my work ethics though; I would work on my "ventures" after coming back from school in the past, worked on it while guys my age were out with hot girls, worked on it after I'm back from work.

After currently at 75% of the Unscripted Book, I realize what is my main issue: I did every single thing wrong. EVERY SINGLE THING. I was the "DO WHAT YOU LOVE" guy.
I was the loser who believed that as long as you have passion, it's enough to overcome all obstacles in life. Just like in the movies and those inspiring stories.

When I launched my "ventures" back then, I didn't care about the market. All I cared about was to create a product I personally love, then find ways to market it out. It failed hard.
And now that I look at other businesses also doing the same thing, I can understand why they failed.

This business which I'm in the process of starting now (going to launch in 1.5 - 2 months time), will probably be my 12th "venture". And this one is going to see the light of the day. It's related to the pet industry (but not pets or pet products) and it fulfills most of the C,E,N in the CENTS commandment.
(I can't say about T and S yet as I have not reached that part of the book).

This will be one of the few posts I'm going to be posting here, as I'll be spending all my time and energy trying to improve my business, and also to improve my personality, as I tend to be socially awkward, something I want to change too.

The Unscripted book, as well as MJ, is what I wished I had back then 20 yrs ago, then perhaps I can avoid most of all my screw-ups. Back then, I paid a lot of $$$ on those books which MJ said to avoid. You know, the shortcut feel-good type of books and DVDs etc.

So, in the coming 3 - 5 years ahead:
  1. I want to live a meaningful life which truly belongs to me (currently working a zombie job which I don't believe in, only for the salary to fund my business)
  2. I want to give my parents a better life so they can go on holidays and leisure classes instead of working hard at their age (mid-60s)
  3. I want (a few) people to stop talking down to me and treating me like some low-IQ lesser human just because I earn a lot less than them
  4. I want to be less socially awkward and more socially confident
  5. I want to find a girl whom I like and who loves me (unlike my single friends who just wanna "settle" with any human who's a female). I want to be the guy whom girls would be proud to be with, and to introduce to their peers (this has more to do with my personal development than Unscripted ).
I am sick and tired of living this current life and I'm in the process of changing it for the better, or death can come and take me!

Hi @Xeon I am starting from a similar point in life and I am curious of your life path.

I wonder how things are going five years after...
I read in your Progress Thread that a couple of businesses didn't take off.

Have things generally improved anyway?

All the best

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Curious I never read your intro thread from all those years back. How have things changed? Are you happy with progress?

PrTend

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Oct 30, 2022
Hey man just wanted to say that your post is inspiring. Keep at it man! i believe in you.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Hi @Xeon I am starting from a similar point in life and I am curious of your life path. I wonder how things are going five years after...
I read in your Progress Thread that a couple of businesses didn't take off.
Have things generally improved anyway?

Curious I never read your intro thread from all those years back. How have things changed? Are you happy with progress?

Still at my slowlane job lol. From 2020 to 2022, I took a break and started continue hustling again a few months ago. I currently have 2 side hustles, one is an Etsy shop where I'm trying to test and validate an idea. My issue is that if I don't see my items going viral or started getting sales in a month or 2, I tend to lose interest and move on to try new things lol

JoeTube

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 13, 2022
Still at my slowlane job lol. From 2020 to 2022, I took a break and started continue hustling again a few months ago. I currently have 2 side hustles, one is an Etsy shop where I'm trying to test and validate an idea. My issue is that if I don't see my items going viral or started getting sales in a month or 2, I tend to lose interest and move on to try new things lol
Hi Xeon, ok, I see...

I understand the struggle and I have lost traction often in the past in my various hustles.
This year I am focusing on training my willpower to maintain traction for longer periods.
I have read countless times now that almost all that matters is execution and accumulating the critical mass to make the hustle start going ("desert of desertion").

I am in no situation to give specific advice but, if anything, I believe that, beside the necessary TUNEF model, the one key word is simply WILLPOWER.

All the best!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...