The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

$75 grand... how do i turn it into $200 grand within a year.

tbsells

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 27, 2007
Ohio
I think Camski's idea is a very good one. Its simple, easy to replicate and could be very profitable. The target market for this business does not have the credit or downpayment for the $200 leases (As Andviv said earlier.) I'm really not sure if there are any $200 leases. But, thats not the point. The point is ...these people can't get financed or leased on a typical new car lot. They still have basic needs. If you fill their needs at a price they can afford they will do business with you. The business model works very well in Ohio and its something I've always thought was a great idea.

You said you enjoy advertising and marketing. This is an awesome advertising and marketing opportunity!

Rep speed+ camski for an excellent and well thought out suggestion.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tbsells

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 27, 2007
Ohio
Diane,
Thanks for the rep speed. You have been so very helpful to all on this board. It really makes me feel good to think that I helped brighten your day just a little bit. As you said "this is why forums work." We really have a nice (and smart) group of people here.

Steve K

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jan 9, 2008
new york city
andviv

when i was selling cars, i would always be the top salesman, month after month, and i was promoted to assistant sales manager (actually i demenaded the position or i would quit) and i made sure to be in charge of advertising..

i ran ads and designed and "sales specials" that always worked..

i was thinking of opening a company catering to small business' , but mainly putting my focus on internet advertising. however, i just dont know if this is the best approach.

based on the success stories ive read, and many of the business books ive read, it seems that the path to wealth comes from servicing BIG business' rather than small business'

what do you guys think ?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
what do you guys think ?

Quit chasing money. The more you chase it, the more it will elude you. Read my story on having the proper EP.

tbsells

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 27, 2007
Ohio
I just read the post MJ referenced. Its brillant! A must read, not just once but frequently.

Speed++

Last edited:

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Once you get the right and positive mentality you can pull away the veil of doom from your face and think clearly

Here is an idea - You have car knowledge, sales skills and want to work internationally. Certain cars sold outside USA have a premium of 150%-300%. You can capitalize on this. There is much research to be done, but I know people who make money doing this in other parts of the world - it is possible and lucrative.

fastword

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 2, 2008
Quit chasing money. The more you chase it, the more it will elude you. Read my story on having the proper EP.

I used to be like that looking for every possible to make fast money and I failed badly. I knew, I had to educate myself and learn in specific field I wanted to learn. You will be surprised when you do and be more ready.

If you really want to adversite or do marketing online then I would suggest you search them deeply and you will find them. There are amazing tips to be found all over the web space.

Andrew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 8, 2007
You are very good at sales, marketing, advertising -- this is a great place to be. You are definitely in a position to turn $75k to $200k in under a year, or better.

My suggestion would be to start out small, working by yourself and add employees as necessary. You do not have to lock yourself into a single market or idea -- your strength is bringing businesses customers.

Where to start -- go to a handful of un-related tradeshows, may be for industries you are interested in, may be not. Just talk to people and business owners. Network with people who need more sales for their company and will pay on performance. You won't need to invest any money in inventory. Specifically look for higher margin stuff. You want to be able to pocket 50%-100% of the upfront sale.

I can not emphasize tradeshows enough, these things are the holy grail of entrepreneurs, from beginners to veteran business owners. I have seen countless millions of deals happen because of them. Read all you want, and it will never be a substitute.

Your goal right now is to get a feeling and understanding of the markets and how to make your business machine work. Later on you can refine things and say I love X or I have Y. You can make large, and risky (to outsiders) investments. In the beginning stages when you are "flying blind" its easy to blow through lots of money on stuff you just don't need. Don't spend the money just because you have it.

This is basically what my businesses do. Sell others people stuff, look at the numbers, and if they make sense, cut out the other party (who was the middle man?)

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
i was thinking of opening a company catering to small business' , but mainly putting my focus on internet advertising.

OK, so if I am the owner of a small business, what would you have to offer me? Why would they use your services?
What is the need you'd be filling so they can come looking for your services?

About making money off big companies, yes, I guess it is true, but it is also true that having many small businesses paying you for your services should also make you lots of money. As long as you supply them with what they need (i.e ROI) then they will pay for your services.

Steve K

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jan 9, 2008
new york city
i can go to the local mom and pop shops and look at how theyre marketing their company, and figure out a way to improve their sales, try different ways of marketing..

camski

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 24, 2007
Noblesville, IN
Steve i think what people are trying to tell you is this. Examine your posts in this thread and then look at mine. Now I know you kind of dismissed my idea, which is fine and I am not claiming that my idea has not been done before or the greatest thing since sliced bread but I believe and others seem to agree that it is viable and does fill a need. But look at the detail of my posts versus your posts. You are using the shotgun approach and just pointing and shooting and hoping you hit something. My approach was the rifle approach, taking aim and focusing in on a specific target and then firing.
I give you a lot of credit because you are young and motivated and have amassed some cash to start on your road to success. Something I wished I would have done at your age. However you should really take what people say here much more seriously before they start to dismiss you because of your negativity. The amount of knowledge that many of these people have (and I am excluding myself because I am not even in the same class as some of these people) is amazing. Not to exclude anyone else but go ahead just GOOGLE Diane kennedy CPA and you will see what I am talking about. The amount of knowledge that you can glean from some of these people (FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!) is mindblowing. I cannot urge you enough to spend some serious time reading here and soaking up what you can, and consider looking for a mentor, I think it might really benefit someone like you.
Like I said my knowledge and success is paltry compared to some here but what I do have is many years of experience in failures and regrets. So by contributing to this board i hope to help others avoid the pitfalls that I had to wade thru. I wish there would have been something like this when I was 24 and people like the ones that frequent here who could have helped me. So take my advice for what you think it is worth, admittedly there is no dollar value on it, but I hope it helps.

pitboss

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jan 25, 2008
The Great Bear "Well, one thing I've learned is not to jump the gun if you don't find any attractive. Keep looking. Any frustration leads to rashness which leads to losses.
You don't want to be asking "7.5 grand... how do i turn it into 20 grand within a year" next year."

That is one of the BEST truths I've seen. Frustration definitely DOES lead to bad decision making. Thanks BEAR!!!

BryanC

Banned
Oct 20, 2008
Palm Beach
If your still active. Just wondering how it went? Did you ever come close to turning your 75k into 200k? I didn't read all the posts, but I used to think this way. I tried to figure out what to flip and all I could come up with is cars and houses. Now I am focusing on what to give and the money multiplies faster. I think you need to focus on the product and service people need and not the money it's self. :)

^eagle^

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 17, 2008
Florida
this is not a sprint dude.

You are asking what vehicle can give you 266% return in two months? Are you kidding me?

Whithut any education other than selling cars you are going to fly in ot a business and expect the world to trample a path to your door?

Take the time to explore your options. I knw of such a vehicle but I doubt you could learn kit in two months. Maybe six months to a year at the very least just to LEARN it.

Please take the time to educate yourself on a specifc subject.Do ot neglect due dilligence and just throw shit on the wall thi nking something nwill stick.

I started in realestate because that is what I knew. I don't particularily like it (especially rentals) so I know I want excell at it. I am now learning something now I only heard about just four months ago and its the best thing ever (for me).

You gotta take some time and look really deep at this. Not just what your good at and what you know because It makes a lot of money. I also work in sales and retail (I'm a wholesaler vendor) And I hate it. The pain drives me harder to make what I do on the side so I will succeed.

read Russ H's How to build your plan.

This requires deep soul searching. not just throwing your money at something because it may make 200% in a month.

It's finding your passion and then figuring out how to make money at it.

If you like books I got one more for you. The Passion Test

Oh I just read the date!

LOL:fryingpan:

BryanC

Banned
Oct 20, 2008
Palm Beach
this is not a sprint dude.

You are asking what vehicle can give you 266% return in two months? Are you kidding me?

Whithut any education other than selling cars you are going to fly in ot a business and expect the world to trample a path to your door?

Take the time to explore your options. I knw of such a vehicle but I doubt you could learn kit in two months. Maybe six months to a year at the very least just to LEARN it.

Please take the time to educate yourself on a specifc subject.Do ot neglect due dilligence and just throw shit on the wall thi nking something nwill stick.

I started in realestate because that is what I knew. I don't particularily like it (especially rentals) so I know I want excell at it. I am now learning something now I only heard about just four months ago and its the best thing ever (for me).

You gotta take some time and look really deep at this. Not just what your good at and what you know because It makes a lot of money. I also work in sales and retail (I'm a wholesaler vendor) And I hate it. The pain drives me harder to make what I do on the side so I will succeed.

read Russ H's How to build your plan.

This requires deep soul searching. not just throwing your money at something because it may make 200% in a month.

It's finding your passion and then figuring out how to make money at it.

If you like books I got one more for you. The Passion Test

Oh I just read the date!

LOL:fryingpan:

This is true. I think you hit it right on the head.

He is looking for the quick and simple way... versus serving more people and expanding his exchange, transaction, and services to humanity bases exponentially outwards.

I.E. - He is looking for a linear way versus expansion. I am starting to think in terms of expansive human need investment versus linear capital gains style investment.

I think that the kind of investments that could turn 75k into 200k+ per year are legally reserved for people with bigger control of the overall economic resource supply. I.E. - Monopolized product or services distribution systems.

Actually wow, this has me thinking completely different. I think that control of a resource that everyone needs is more important than making money. I wonder if that is clearly seen by anyone else reading this?

Just expanding my mind here. LoL. :smug2:

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Sell drugs or guns. Watch the movie "Lord of War", that will be a good business plan for you.:coolgleamA:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just an FYI ... this post was made almost 1 year ago so he isn't talking about doing it in 2 months.

BryanC

Banned
Oct 20, 2008
Palm Beach
75k to 200k in 2 months would be one for the records! You would need a capital appreciation of $2083 daily. :eek:

I believe that 2,000+ per day may be possible as you gain more and more control of desired resources.

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
hey guys, steve k here (6speed online/lambo power)

i know alot of you guys are advising investing in real estate... but thats just not possible for me here in nyc where prices are still pretty much unnaffected by the downturn of real estate..

i dont know if im retarded, or dyslexic, but i have 130 books, any and all books on self help/business/marketing , etc etc, and i still dont know how to turn my money into more money :bgh:

what would you guys advise me to do in order to turn 75 grand (cash) into 200k by december 31st 2008...

the only thing is, i dont want to be involved with drugs/alcohol or real estate..

oh yea
I have a credit score of 802 (average of the 3)
i can easily get another $100k IF NEED BE
and i have extensive knowledge in sales...

Put most of it in income generating papers and take a small portion of it and put it in a startup company. Create hugh revenues and take it out through dividents every month.

^eagle^

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 17, 2008
Florida
Just an FYI ... this post was made almost 1 year ago so he isn't talking about doing it in 2 months.
Yeah I saw that MJ

LOL

I ended the post stating I realized it.

LOl

Steve K

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jan 9, 2008
new york city
guys
update

i havent done anything in the past year

after i left my job, i was able to get unemployment and i went to LA for a while
i then came back... and went back to selling cars for about 2 months and quit that because i couldnt deal with it any longer

this was in june 2nd

i also bought my dream car in february of 2008 (a porsche turbo) and went through a very severe state of depression for about 7 months

anyway

i havent pissed away all my money..
but about 50% of it is gone ...

big lessons learned in life ... and im ready to focus on myself and move on ..

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
guys
update

i havent done anything in the past year

after i left my job, i was able to get unemployment and i went to LA for a while
i then came back... and went back to selling cars for about 2 months and quit that because i couldnt deal with it any longer

this was in june 2nd

i also bought my dream car in february of 2008 (a porsche turbo) and went through a very severe state of depression for about 7 months

anyway

i havent pissed away all my money..
but about 50% of it is gone ...

big lessons learned in life ... and im ready to focus on myself and move on ..

Yikes, sounds like you fell for the infamous "car trap" ....

So what's the plan now?

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Great to see you here again Steve.
I hope you had fun and enjoyed the dream car.

I think it is great that you came back and talked openly about your situation.

What's next? I'm sure people here would like to help if possible.

Steve K

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jan 9, 2008
new york city
guys to be honest im not sure whats next

i fell big time
and im picking myself up one piece at a time

i want to do something besides cars
i know im a capable person, im just lazy/unmotivated

but im working on changing that

some of the things im looking at are selling real esate
or getting into finance

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
guys to be honest im not sure whats next

i fell big time
and im picking myself up one piece at a time

i want to do something besides cars
i know im a capable person, im just lazy/unmotivated

but im working on changing that

some of the things im looking at are selling real esate
or getting into finance

Just as you pick yourself up piece by piece, build yourself up piece by piece. You chew and elephant by eating it piece by piece.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
You may have missed the deadline for this, but here is a simple, 4-step process:

1. Start a bank with your $75,000
  2. Loan the $75,000 to yourself on a 1 year ARM
  3. Don't repay the loan
  4. Ask the government for a $200,000 bailout

Obviously, I'm being facetious.

I've had great luck trading stocks over the past few months.

August annualized "realized" gains were 125%, September -- 138%, October -- 151%.

These returns, along with the magic of monthly compounding, could get you there if you're lucky.

Of course, this takes some effort -- about 1 hour per day.

And it takes some money for software -- about $500/year.

And it takes discipline -- lots of it.

And there is PLENTY of risk involved.

http://www.thefastlanetomillions.co...trading/16876-any-one-else-short-selling.html

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.