The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

6 Harsh Truths that Will Make you a Better Person

andyredsox

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 24, 2012
The world wouldn't care whatever happens to you, that's the truth. If you want to survive, then learn how to. In this tough world with tough competition we need to do something more aggressive or we'll be left out. We need to use our skills and abilities for us to be on the track. Learn how to be tough so that no one will give you a shit!

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Loved the article. Also love being some kind of a douchebag to be honest. Nice guys finish last :coolgleamA:

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Excellent article. Thanks for sharing!

BenP

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Jan 17, 2013
Groton, CT
It's no coincidence that I resonated STRONGLY with this article's sentiment when I read it last month BEFORE I even knew about this site, or TMF . I'll randomly blurt out, "Put that coffee DOWN!"

I went and read a few more of David Wong's stuff after I read that article. Gotta say I like that guy.

My point is how is being an over consuming douchebag make me a better person? The rest i agree with.

It's not about being a douchebag. You're missing the point. The point is, very clearly, he is (Alec Baldwin) calling them out, as MJ describes, as all action-FAKERS and not actually action-TAKERS. He's essentially calling them all out on their bullshit.

As I was reading the article and the video clip, I'm sure I wasn't the only one nodding my head and thinking, "Hell yeah. A guy who gets it."

Jason K

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Mar 10, 2013
Note especially the quoted point in the OP that says how people miss the process in search of the event--"how can I get a job?" instead of "how can I become more like the type of person employers want to hire?"

How can I become more like a successful entrepreneur?

Here's mine, thanks to reading MJ's book: "How can I become more like a retired, passive income-receiving 40-something-year-old?"
And I'm keeping at it until suddenly it's true.

One of the last century's famous actors from the B&W era did the usual thing when he moved to Hollywood and changed his name to something more sexy. Later, he said, "I acted (being him) for so long, I finally became him." All the smooth, the cool, the moviestar status. Acted it so long he finally became it. There was a process. Didn't happen overnight.

PS. If this post helped you, please consider clicking the Speed button. I try to only give great advice, not the "Hey, that's awesome!" kind of baloney. And I only post when I really feel I have something to share. Thanks!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Bump.

RyanSki

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Mar 17, 2014

CT Matunhira

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 4, 2018
South Africa Cape Town
Last edited by a moderator:

MrCommitted

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 6, 2018
Jacksonville, FL
Great read.
The part that said you hate yourself because you don't do anything hit home for me. Not that I hate myself, but a common theme in my recent life is spending too much time thinking and less time doing.
Thank you for this source of motivation. Every which way I can grab a piece of motivation I certainly do not turn down.

Your Boy George

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Dec 2, 2017
Austin, Texas
True shit.

Yet counter-productive if you become a little negative bitch. "Wa wah, people are all greedy and only care about what I can give them."

Balance mates.

WealthyMarketer

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Dec 28, 2018
Wow, this article really hit home for me.

I wasted the first 35 years of my life whining about why one one gave two sh!ts about me and my low self esteem. After spending $$,$$$’s on guru self-help courses, this article finally explains it.

Thanks for posting this article MJ.

I loved Alec’s scene, and I think he told those ‘salesmen’ exactly what they needed to hear.

And, I loved David’s ‘harsh’ tone. If his style resembled that of cotton candy at the amusement park, I wouldn’t have caught on to the lesson.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mario_fastlaner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 1, 2019
Milano
Every now and then I come back here to re-read this article. How much thruth...

Last edited:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Well the article is trying to give a wake up call to supposed “denials”.

But depends on where you are at what time...the reality is much harsher than what the article says.

The fact is ..even you won a chess chess tournament, as a adult.. thats freaking useless. You are not a kid any more. Chess don’t bring food on the table unless you are top twenty in the world. If you are making six digits with business or a job and you are good in chess that make you interesting. If you are scraping with minimum wage being good in chess is a confirmation on how well you ave squandered your IQ.

If you live in megacities today, in our capitalist world or market economy, the reality is much harsher than what the article is trying to portray. You do not decide what is interesting or valuable. The market decides and they are always right.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.