• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Tired of broke bloggers giving you advice? Within minutes, get millionaire advice from real entrepreneurs who live the dream.

Notable! 6 Harsh Truths that Will Make you a Better Person

Discussion in 'General Mindset, Motivation, Beliefs' started by MJ DeMarco, Dec 17, 2012.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. cdmedia

cdmedia New Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $76
    One more quick quote from the article worth pointing out.

1 person likes this.
  2. Toao

Toao Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $80
    I'd sign this immediately !

3. Alana

Alana Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

In the middle of a national forest (in N. CA)
    Rep Bank:
    $130
    Oh no…look out….I just found a new favorite word: askhole.

As far as the debate as to whether or not the content from this site (cracked.com) is too harsh or not, I subscribe to the mentality of ‘tell it like it is; don’t pee on my leg and tell me it’s raining” I’m assuming most of us on this forum do; a pack of pit bulls we are (and proud of it). But here is my experience from back when I oversaw roughly 25 employees and dealt daily with customers: different people respond to different tones. There were several employees who I could give it to them straight and be done with it (same with customers). However, there were other employees that, in order to get through to them, I had to change my tone. Doesn’t mean that they were weaker or ‘worse’ than my tough little cookie employees, but they just responded better to a different approach. I am actually very thankful that there are softies in this world (lord knows that if everyone was like me it would not be a cuddly world at all).
    Another way of looking at it: when I worked with dogs, I can’t tell you how many times folks would come in and try to instantly dominate a dog; show him who’s boss! I would have to tell them that they could get just as much respect and response from the dog by simply being assertive, calm and confident. You don’t have to raise your voice and yank the dog (or worse) to get control of the situation (and trust me, I worked with the worst of the worst when it came to dogs: Michael Vick’s pitt bulls anyone?).
    Yes, people need to hear it like it is—I completely agree and love the initial post by MJ. And sometimes that will come across as straight and to the point (like a dagger) and sometimes it might need a different approach (a calm, assertive, non-sarcastic/ball busting tone).

To each their own…

3 people like this.
  4. The-J

The-J Legendary Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $8,575
    Amazing article. It really hit home for me.

Providing value isn't easy. Providing massive value is less easy.

5. ^eagle^

^eagle^ Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $100
    What I like about this article is that it tells you to get off your ass and do something. Fuck the idea that the world does not give a shit about who you are. some people do give a shit about who you are (brown nosers) others truly don't. ( doers)

1 person likes this.
  6. DeletedUser2

DeletedUser2 Guest

Rep Bank:
    $
    LOVED this article.

Fucking go do it.

Just Made my day.

Enki and BeingChewsie like this.
  7. andyredsox

andyredsox Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $61
    The world wouldn't care whatever happens to you, that's the truth. If you want to survive, then learn how to. In this tough world with tough competition we need to do something more aggressive or we'll be left out. We need to use our skills and abilities for us to be on the track. Learn how to be tough so that no one will give you a shit!

8. theag

theag Most Aggressive Guy on the Internet on the Planet Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $43,215
    Loved the article. Also love being some kind of a douchebag to be honest. Nice guys finish last :coolgleamA:

9. St.Alpine

St.Alpine Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $170
    tumblr_m41811Gbfc1r1io7p.gif

2 people like this.
  10. JasonR

JasonR Maverick Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $55,396
    Excellent article. Thanks for sharing!

11. BenP

BenP New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $26
    It's no coincidence that I resonated STRONGLY with this article's sentiment when I read it last month BEFORE I even knew about this site, or TMF. I'll randomly blurt out, "Put that coffee DOWN!"

I went and read a few more of David Wong's stuff after I read that article. Gotta say I like that guy.

It's not about being a douchebag. You're missing the point. The point is, very clearly, he is (Alec Baldwin) calling them out, as MJ describes, as all action-FAKERS and not actually action-TAKERS. He's essentially calling them all out on their bullshit.

As I was reading the article and the video clip, I'm sure I wasn't the only one nodding my head and thinking, "Hell yeah. A guy who gets it."

12. infinitus

infinitus New Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $24
    Thats really cool, we need a kick in the butt sometimes to get us out of the ridiculous negative self talk

13. Skys

Skys Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $380
    I love tough love.

14. Jason K

Jason K Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $186
    Note especially the quoted point in the OP that says how people miss the process in search of the event--"how can I get a job?" instead of "how can I become more like the type of person employers want to hire?"

How can I become more like a successful entrepreneur?

Here's mine, thanks to reading MJ's book: "How can I become more like a retired, passive income-receiving 40-something-year-old?"
    And I'm keeping at it until suddenly it's true.

One of the last century's famous actors from the B&W era did the usual thing when he moved to Hollywood and changed his name to something more sexy. Later, he said, "I acted (being him) for so long, I finally became him." All the smooth, the cool, the moviestar status. Acted it so long he finally became it. There was a process. Didn't happen overnight.

PS. If this post helped you, please consider clicking the Speed button. I try to only give great advice, not the "Hey, that's awesome!" kind of baloney. And I only post when I really feel I have something to share. Thanks!

Rawr likes this.
  15. TK1

TK1 Silver Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $789
  16. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $212,084
    Admin Post
    Bump.

17. RyanSki

RyanSki New Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $152
    It's refreshing to reread this article! It always kicks me in the hind quarters lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk