The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

50K cash right now to invest. What to do?

Anything related to investing, including crypto
G

GuestUser140

Do not invest more than 50% at once. Keep some money in case the markets go down for 10-20%. Then one can jump in.

This is also how I invested my money in the last 7-8 years.

...and are you rocking scissor doors now?

With all respect, but hope does not belong on a fastlane forum.

7-8 years from now you could be driving lambos if you WORK and APLY what's in MJ's Book.

OP: read TMF , think, take $ 5000, go.

You will be making 100% yearly returns if not more.

Emo6126

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Jul 26, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
look into TSLA stock, should be hitting $200 by end of year, got in @ $50

another long term idea is micro loans...I have been playing around with it and draw in a pretty decent 13% return

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser2

It's so good that you joined the forum just so you could set us all straight and clarify everything for us. I don't know how we all got along without you all these years. My life is now complete. Thanks.

I feel the same way.....

completed,

saved from a life indistinguishable sorrow and utter incompetence

he has shown me the way

It could all be so easy....

only I blocked his sorry a$$.

Z

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
There are hundreds of ways to use retail arbitrage to your advantage. Find one that can keep your interest and test with a small amount until you can start doubling that small amount in 30 days. Then try larger amounts as you get better. Before you know it you will not be able to spend enough capital and that's the problem you want.

Soulrize

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Sep 21, 2014
I believe there's two types of people op, spenders and savers. If you collected yourself 40 or 50k, whatever the large denominator you probably did so by working and being frugal. While there's nothing wrong with this inherently, it just comes when you want to "invest" which is a word for spending. There are people here and most I would say that take risk all day every day spending money in order to make money which is what a investment is. The lot of them all have their failures and experience and those that do persist though for a second bite of the cherry are the ones that would be a better investment. In other words it would be best to invest your money into a spender with a history of previous failure and experience who is now successful, mature, and professional. That would be the best investment for yourself in my opinion.

ZeroTo100

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 2, 2016
New York City / New Jersey
Thanks Silverhawk.

I'll tell you what I would do - find local businesses for sale at good valuations. Just today on bizbuysell.com I found 2 businesses near me for sale - each generating $50k profit/year with absentee owners, with $50k in fixtures/inventory - with an asking price of $150k. Without even considering owner financing and/or price negotiations, I could put $30k as down-payment and get a loan for the rest. Then I would improve the marketing, cost costs, etc to make the business more profitable.

Tell you something, this isn't bad advice. I would stay away from the stock markets though! Forget it - forget trying to make fast money!

I’m in a similar situation...I have around 100k I’m looking to utilize in the next few months. I’ll probably use 25k if I’m going to start a new business but I won’t be dumping it all in. If I had 50k, I’d probably use around 15k to start something. I am in the process of either buying a business or starting from scratch. I been searching sites like empire flipper and other brokerages. BizBuySell is a good one also but I would only use them to acquire a local business like a landscaping company or something. If your buying an internet business, centurica offers a due diligence package to inform you on anything they find negative on a site you’re looking to buy. Truthfully, this is the route I’d go. Buy, Build, Sell!

A business earning 500 per month sells for around 22x profits or 11k. Buy it, Grow it to 1500 per month. Sell it for 33k.

Are you good at anything? What are your interests?

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I never understand the "I have $X and I need to invest it... like NOW!"

There's nothing wrong with cash laying around earning 5% and being an option on opportunity.
We're sitting on about 10% cash.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I never understand the "I have $X and I need to invest it... like NOW!"

There's nothing wrong with cash laying around earning 5% and being an option on opportunity.

They probably can't get 5% either.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Sooo.... What does one invest in to get a nice little 5% cash flow?

I'm looking for ideas for (reasonably) safe monthly income after making my initial bank. I've got about $500k I'd like to stick in something which will last for an eternity and save the rest to keep building my business. Cash flow is the key phrase here.

Get a rental property.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
Elif, what is your background and experience on personal finances because your answers do not make any sense at all.

The account is a bot, or maybe an Indian VA, that just copy and pastes previous posts or relevant blog articles.

Not sure why it hasn't been banned yet.

EDIT: It's banned.

Of course I have ideas and I will keep investing and turning a profit accordingly if those play out to be the best option. I am emotionally detached from this money and I will be as active as I need be if the ROI is right. Basically what I was getting at was that a lot in life people sit back and go " I know if I had enough money to buy/invest in ______, I KNOW I could flip/turn/make a good profit".

Of course I have ideas and I will keep investing and turning a profit accordingly if those play out to be the best option. I am emotionally detached from this money and I will be as active as I need be if the ROI is right. Basically what I was getting at was that a lot in life people sit back and go " I know if I had enough money to buy/invest in ______, I KNOW I could flip/turn/make a good profit".

KidMoney

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Oct 21, 2012
I have 50k to invest right now. Most people say " Man, if I just had X amount of money I could easily turn that to X amount ". What would you invest in if you had 50k RIGHT NOW purely to invest. I am looking forward to the discussions and ideas. Thanks

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
There are a couple of websites where you can lend out your money to business and get 10-20% ROI.

It was shared here a few weeks ago.

I would suggest you invest some of the money to educate yourself before you go balls deep in.

sal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 14, 2012
You could look into investing some of that in the online currency "Lite Coins" - the price of them is still rather low. Maybe sit on them for awhile and exit before the bubble pops? Idk. Do some research before splashing though!

Pixpax

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
May 20, 2012
Invest in a real business startup (not an idea that might make money). Something that you put in $1 and consistently and predictably returns $2 within X months (preferably 6-12).

Thats what Im currently doing and it seems to work. You need to create the business and test until you find your thing though.

Barry

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Dec 27, 2011
Jamaica
I have 50k to invest right now. Most people say " Man, if I just had X amount of money I could easily turn that to X amount ". What would you invest in if you had 50k RIGHT NOW purely to invest. I am looking forward to the discussions and ideas. Thanks

Do you have a plan?

smartman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Apr 7, 2013
Invest in high CGC graded silver age comics :)

this is actually a really great piece of advice if you are willing to speculate, and sit on the investment for a while. I have watched someone in my previous market push the pile, so to speak, by buying up top graded comics, and then waiting for someone to pony up the money for the best conditioned copy of the comic, of which he holds. Minimal work is involved. Storing a comic book is a cost=zero business variable. However, you could be using that 10-50k invested in the book in a more active manner and possibly make more money.

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
the problem with what should i do with $X if you saved for it is this. keep saving until you can think for yourself and figure out what to do.
if you won/inherited it, save it until you can figure out what to do with it yourself.
if you made it via business, expand if possible or find a new business.

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
I personally love the silent JVs on a land development/RE deals; getting 100% ROI or more within a couple months isn't half bad. Most people will have their eyeballs fall out when they hear that, but believe it or not there are even better ROIs out there.
Silverhawk, can you explain more about this?

Steve37

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Sep 4, 2012
if I had 50,000 right now to invest, the first thing I'd do is market myself to Real Estate Investors. I'd look for the deals that require capital, which the person may not have, but the deals is solid.

Not sure I follow. You don't have $50k to invest at the moment, but if you did you would market to investors to provide them capital? Are you brokering investment money?

You do no work, multiply your money buy multiples IF you know what your doing.

It's prudent to point out that there is a significant risk involved in these types of deals as well. Developers are some of the biggest gamblers out there. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

If you have a lack of Deals in Real Estate, your either lacking in Marketing or Education.

Well said.

rkrone

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
May 10, 2013
Chicago
Thanks Silverhawk.

I'll tell you what I would do - find local businesses for sale at good valuations. Just today on bizbuysell.com I found 2 businesses near me for sale - each generating $50k profit/year with absentee owners, with $50k in fixtures/inventory - with an asking price of $150k. Without even considering owner financing and/or price negotiations, I could put $30k as down-payment and get a loan for the rest. Then I would improve the marketing, cost costs, etc to make the business more profitable.

What types of businesses operate best with absentee owners?

Bailey

Banned
Apr 22, 2013
50K is heavy amount to spend,so I simply suggest you to make it more earning and profitable ,by investing it to forex trading or binary option trading.It will give you much amount of money after a short time.

odai

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 4, 2013
Kansas City
Bitcoin. :coolgleamA:

I hear that the Bitcoin to USD exchange rate fluctuates frequently and intensely, so you could make money trying to buy BC undervalued and exchange for USD when they're overvalued. After some quick research though, it seems like that would be too risky and time-consuming to be worth the meager returns.

Based on my limited knowledge, real estate or blue chip stocks seem like a safe bet. This is something I'm trying to figure out myself, for when I do have cash to invest.

Liz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jun 1, 2013
South Africa
The price of gold is falling. Wait a little bit to see what is happening. Maybe it will be a good investment.

mrsilva

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Oct 25, 2012
A lot of people here telling him to get educated first. What kind education?

G

Guest4231

How to invest 40-50k?
First, I would be my own consultant. I do not trust any “consultant” from a bank. They sell you all kind of products, considering mainly their personal bonus, but not what fits best for you.

Second, determine your risk-reward profile.
The higher your reward (interests) should be, the higher is as well the risk.
I would invest in bigger and smaller companies (stock market). There are many good funds.
Do not invest more than 50% at once. Keep some money in case the markets go down for 10-20%. Then one can jump in.

This is also how I invested my money in the last 7-8 years.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.