The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

50K cash right now to invest. What to do?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Zen Focus

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
743%
Feb 11, 2011
Limitup's thread really seems like it would lead you somewhere. With that much space and capital for trial-and-error, you could test safely until you get your desired results. With 50k it would also be easy to outsource. I'd use the money to create a business that can be easily scaled. Or scale your current business further. Labor intensive wise, Limitup's thread really seems to be where I'd look into.

chrisbiz4444

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Aug 9, 2013
RI
Buy bank of america stock. The stock is currently in an uptrend. The next big resistance is going to be at around $20 per share. Buy now at $14 and sell at 20$ making $6 dollars per share.

But that's just my advice ! lol

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

chrisbiz4444

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Aug 9, 2013
RI
Gold I cant agree with you on. However silver is a good trade right now. Its up trending. And you can never go wrong with real estate. Only problem with real estate is that its not very liquid.

Mike Kavanagh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Aug 17, 2013
Buy now at $14 and sell at 20$ making $6 dollars per share.

If everyone is doing one thing, run the opposite way.

Don't invest in what someone tells you to, invest in a solid business with strong leaders. Look at the financials of that business.

Capital

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Apr 16, 2013
look into TSLA stock, should be hitting $200 by end of year, got in @ $50

another long term idea is micro loans...I have been playing around with it and draw in a pretty decent 13% return
Says who?

jeandearme

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
May 2, 2011
I personally love the silent JVs on a land development/RE deals; getting 100% ROI or more within a couple months isn't half bad. Most people will have their eyeballs fall out when they hear that, but believe it or not there are even better ROIs out there.

Comes back to the key; Knowledge is POWER my friend. Get educated first and foremost.

Agreed. My friend is in real estate bussiness and he showed me that it's easy to get 100%/year. The more money You have to invest the more ROI You will get. The biggest deal I've seen with my own eyes is when investor put 1,500,000 PLN (appx. $500,000 ) and in time of one quarter (yes, three months!) he got 7,000,000 PLN back (appx. $2,300,000 ). The buliding was without windows or doors (preety much devastated), solding to individuals where prices with getting it to the state where You can normally live was 20% lower than market prices. FYI, investor was driving Lexus GS300. Silently, he makes his fortune multiply each year.

Real estate IS fastlane, when You know what are You doing OR You have people how knows the deals. Ideally, it's best to have it both.

Chopper

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Aug 8, 2013
My perspective is that when companies go public the stock market is funding someone else's exit.

Stock investing doesn't seem to fit well with the fastlane approach, but I'm new here...

For me, aside from investing in a venture I can control I would go with something that is protected from inflation. If I was feeling adventurous I would put it in convertible notes, hold to maturity or sell on conversion.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

bmw335isedan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Mar 20, 2013
I would invest in Crude Oil since US is about to invade Syria, which will cause a lot of demand for Oil. I am Long on crude oil 70 contracts right now since $107.

Capital

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Apr 16, 2013
Start a business. Sure, some ETFs, gold, or WTI will do good, but mom and pop investors will always be raped by HFT firms.

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
Runum is right it's not my job to do that, was just trying to help OP get some better responses.

I would simply invest in real estate and continue working on my startups.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I don't think a lot of people are getting the point of this thread, hes asking what YOU would do with the money if you had it. Not asking for advice, he has ideas of his own and is just curious to see what other people would do and maybe that will spark another idea of his own.

It's so good that you joined the forum just so you could set us all straight and clarify everything for us. I don't know how we all got along without you all these years. My life is now complete. Thanks.

exige

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 20, 2013
Bucks County, PA
This is just my opinion and one scenario of what I'd do today: hold half in reserve in a low risk investment, to inject later for growth. With the remaining half, take half of that and reserve it for marketing and publicity. With the remaining 1/4 ($12.5k), I'd use it to source a product - either buy an existing website, build an app, have an initial run of a supplement manufactured, or source a product to import, test it, refine it then make the initial order. Then take the funds we reserved for marketing and launch the product and give it a good push until its flying. Have that extra half held in reserve just in case we need to give it a little more throttle every now and then to cover a cash flow crunch or whatever comes up until we're at cruising altitude. Then either maintain it as a lifestyle thing or reinvest the profits and blow it up.

Jun 22, 2012
5OK that’s a hefty amount, According to me try investing in different field’s or sectors that would eventually split your money and at least make you more secure about your investment from different sources. Thus the risk would also be divided as per the income source.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 5, 2013
People don't know that you can actually become a MM in the markets. You must be a great trader but even great traders don't do it because they don't know it. It's just as simple as having a ratio stop loss/take profit 1:2 and more tan 50% of winning trades. If you do an anti-martingale it's just a matter of litlle time that you will achieve it.

Read the book: The Universal Principles of Successful Trading: Essential Knowledge for All Traders in All Markets
Larry Williams was the first in doing it, in the book it's explained.

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
I'd get a Winnebago and go cross county with a camcorder. Does this help?

Mods, might be a good idea to sticky one of these threads.

Love this idea. Definitely should be stickied.

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
People don't know that you can actually become a MM in the markets. You must be a great trader but even great traders don't do it because they don't know it. It's just as simple as having a ratio stop loss/take profit 1:2 and more tan 50% of winning trades. If you do an anti-martingale it's just a matter of litlle time that you will achieve it.

Read the book: The Universal Principles of Successful Trading: Essential Knowledge for All Traders in All Markets
Larry Williams was the first in doing it, in the book it's explained.

spaxton1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
625%
Feb 22, 2014
Someone once said: "The best way to double your money is to fold it in half."

SkuNK_

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Nov 24, 2011
Double 10 Times = 50 Million

2x(10x50,000)=50,000,000

GENIUS!

2x(10x50,000) =2x500,000 = 1,000,000 unless u meant
(2 x10)(2x50,000)=20x100,000= 2,000,000

50,000 x2=100,000 x2 = 200,000 x2 = 400,000 x2 = 800,000 x2 = 1,600,000 x2 =
3,200,00 x2 = 6,400,000 x2 =12,800,000 x2 = 25,600,000 x2 = **52,000,000**

=)

Im planning on doubling 15k 6 times hit a milly

Sean Patrick

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 24, 2015
Thanks for the responses. To give some info on me, I own one business. This is my second business. Started from the lint in my pocket with very very little help. 24 years old with no kids, no house payment, etc. I work for my money but with this 50k I would more or less like to invest into something less labor intensive. I was asking you guys what YOU would do with 50k RIGHT NOW to put into anything that you know could turn a decent profit. Of course I have ideas and I will keep investing and turning a profit accordingly if those play out to be the best option. I am emotionally detached from this money and I will be as active as I need be if the ROI is right. Basically what I was getting at was that a lot in life people sit back and go " I know if I had enough money to buy/invest in ______, I KNOW I could flip/turn/make a good profit". I have ideas but i'm asking you if you set aside 50k where would be your best bet in investing it? Im just looking to brainstorm a few possible ideas. Thanks again

Sean Patrick - I have a Global Product with Licensing / Utility Patent -

Attachments

• FRONT-inside-new.pdf
    896.9 KB · Views: 10

JoelM

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Feb 21, 2018
Maryland, MD
I have a couple of ideas but I cannot tell specifically what you should invest in. I would not invest in passive income (real estate, mutual funds, etc.) Invest in something where you can scale and reinvest your profits back into the business.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
I never understand the "I have $X and I need to invest it... like NOW!"

There's nothing wrong with cash laying around earning 5% and being an option on opportunity.
I think that was my first thread's subject haha ! I learned that the more cash i have for the next business, the better it is !

pastemaker

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Feb 1, 2016
They probably can't get 5% either.

This implies that you are investing money and getting 5% interest, but is the money also highly liquid? The truth is that there are no options at the moment to invest money and get those options without any risk - at least not in my country.

Johnny Bravo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 20, 2018
US
Sooo.... What does one invest in to get a nice little 5% cash flow?

I'm looking for ideas for (reasonably) safe monthly income after making my initial bank. I've got about $500k I'd like to stick in something which will last for an eternity and save the rest to keep building my business. Cash flow is the key phrase here.

Elif

New Contributor
Jun 25, 2018
Of course I have ideas and I will keep investing and turning a profit accordingly if those play out to be the best option. I am emotionally detached from this money and I will be as active as I need be if the ROI is right. Basically what I was getting at was that a lot in life people sit back and go " I know if I had enough money to buy/invest in ______, I KNOW I could flip/turn/make a good profit".

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.