The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

50 Cent Files Bankruptcy

Status
Not open for further replies.

NormP

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 4, 2015
Talked with my college age son tonight about this. The millenials continue to think this thug is a genius. They think he's just a smart "business man."

Lots of people appear to be star struck by this guy, as evidenced by the folks desperately defending him, and I think their age has a lot to do with it.

There are plenty of mega-rich people to take note of and emulate, this guy shouldn't even be on the list. The truly wealthy people I've met don't feel the need to post pictures and brag about it, even if they want you to use whatever service or product they're selling.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Boo Blizzi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 3, 2009
Man... if you think 50 is broke... you are CRAZY!!
His bread is up so much its not even funny.
He just started doing tours again with G-Unit
He launched and is promoting Effen Vodka
He just got $78 million for a clothing line
He is selling $9 headphones for $200
He is the executive producer of one of the hottest urban shows on TV right now
He was just in the Spy Movie with the fat chick from Mike and Molly
He is about to be in Southpaw with Jake Gyllenhaal
He got 10mil to star in a bunch of shitty movies with Robert Deniro, Al Pacino, and a bunch of other washed up stars
He still got Mike Tyson old mansion in CT... and its just sitting there empty or for parties when he in town
He got royalties coming in from places we could only imagine.
And HE IS SMILING AND LAUGHING ABOUT FILING PERSONAL BANKRUPTCY... EVERY BIZ HE GOT IS IN ITS OWN ENTITY AND PROTECTED.
He and Jay Z are the some of smartest and most fastlane dudes that every came out of the hood!!

Last edited:

Boo Blizzi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 3, 2009
Lots of people appear to be star struck by this guy, as evidenced by the folks desperately defending him, and I think their age has a lot to do with it.

There are plenty of mega-rich people to take note of and emulate, this guy shouldn't even be on the list. The truly wealthy people I've met don't feel the need to post pictures and brag about it, even if they want you to use whatever service or product they're selling.

Dude... he's from the hood.
He was a have-not.
His mother got killed when he was young by a drug dealer
He was raised in the house with a bunch of cousins by his grandmother.
He grew up with no hope for a future outside of drug dealing.
He went to jail.
He found his gift.
He got shot 9 times, including in the face.
He got black balled from the music industry.
He went CRAZY F*ckING HARD and went around them suckers
He won against all odds.
He got CRAZY F*ckING RICH... NOT PUNK RICH... 100'S OF MILLIONS RICH!!!
He celebrates everyday and his pictures show dudes from the land of the have-nots that is possible to HAVE LIKE A motherfcker!

MKHB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Jun 26, 2015
Ya'll are haters. Just good business practice on display. Ya'll should be taking notes.

This just in:

Warren Buffet is getting booked into Omaha County Jail, apparently after a night of revelry Warren and his crew rolled up on his great-grand baby mama's crib in some fly 2004 Buick Electra, and got into altercation.

Witness heard him screaming, "I take care of my great-grand kids" as the authorities tried to subdue him.

Goes to show you when you have a lot of haters they all gonna be coming at you.

Who knew???

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

Ignore everything 50 cent has achieved because he posts bling on Instagram everybody, he's clearly a side walker, he's made millions upon millions over and over again after starting with nothing, not nothing like a good environment, family, school but not much money nothing but like actual nothing. Everything he has achieved was a fluke, and everything he will do in the future is too. He has no business sense what so ever. Investing in vitamin water was a fluke. Every TV show, album, game, movie he's ever made was an accident and he's just lucky they became popular. 50 cent is bankrupt because he bought so much bling and cars. He couldn't possibly have any valuable business insight, he's just a thug. His mindset is so limited he only thinks small and never produces anything or provides any value. Only listen to entrepreneurs who don't post bling on Instagram, even if they're worth a lot less than 50 is. 50 cent should pay everyone who sues him millions, and have it sitting there in cash waiting to pay them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ronnie

Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 18, 2013
New York
Talked with my college age son tonight about this. The millenials continue to think this thug is a genius. They think he's just a smart "business man."

He came out and painted a moral equivalency between himself and Walt Disney and Donald Trump.

The difference? They were BANKRUPT when they filed bankruptcy. He's not. The courts will see right through this.

If they perceive him as trying to game the system, he might end up paying way more.

He owns a ton of rare Ferraris. One Enzo alone is worth more than $1m.

Dangerous game if the court starts liquidating his shit at pennies on the dollar.

Thug?

Because he's a rapper? Because of his past life that he obviously cleaned up and went on to be an entrepreneur?

I don't see a thug. I see a man who grew up doing things most people couldn't imagine just to survive. Then go on to become one of the wealthiest people in entertainment.

Is Donald Trump a thug? What about Mickey Rooney?

I question the motive behind that "thug" label.

MKHB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Jun 26, 2015
Mickey Rooney??? Huh.

Let's leave Mickey Rooney out of this mess,the Donald ok, but Mick?:stop:

jason91

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 15, 2015
USA
Ignore everything 50 cent has achieved because he posts bling on Instagram everybody, he's clearly a side walker, he's made millions upon millions over and over again after starting with nothing, not nothing like a good environment, family, school but not much money nothing but like actual nothing. Everything he has achieved was a fluke, and everything he will do in the future is too. He has no business sense what so ever. Investing in vitamin water was a fluke. Every TV show, album, game, movie he's ever made was an accident and he's just lucky they became popular. 50 cent is bankrupt because he bought so much bling and cars. He couldn't possibly have any valuable business insight, he's just a thug. His mindset is so limited he only thinks small and never produces anything or provides any value. Only listen to entrepreneurs who don't post bling on Instagram, even if they're worth a lot less than 50 is. 50 cent should pay everyone who sues him millions, and have it sitting there in cash waiting to pay them.

Idk.. honestly it seems to me like he buys all that stuff as a part of his marketing strategy.

Think about it.. if they don't flash all those chains and jewelry and cars - why would the people follow him and worship him? If he's sitting in his 1997 Ford Taurus with a normal every day house - would it have the same market impact?

He can't be that stupid - if it was just one song or album it could be luck - he's repeatedly getting rich. I don't buy into him actually spending like a sidewalker - I think he's doing it and showing it as a marketing tactic.

Either way, there are plenty of other rappers who buy things out of stupidity and poor financial decision making. I think that is the overall point of this thread. Lol

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Idk.. honestly it seems to me like he buys all that stuff as a part of his marketing strategy.

Think about it.. if they don't flash all those chains and jewelry and cars - why would the people follow him and worship him? If he's sitting in his 1997 Ford Taurus with a normal every day house - would it have the same market impact?

He can't be that stupid - if it was just one song or album it could be luck - he's repeatedly getting rich. I don't buy into him actually spending like a sidewalker - I think he's doing it and showing it as a marketing tactic.

Either way, there are plenty of other rappers who buy things out of stupidity and poor financial decision making. I think that is the overall point of this thread. Lol

I wasn't being serious, I know with some of the others in here it might be hard to tell the difference tho as they seem to genuinely think that

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
The millenials continue to think this thug is a genius.
Thug?

Because he's a rapper? Because of his past life that he obviously cleaned up and went on to be an entrepreneur?
I don't know how @Vigilante would define but per the urban dictionary...

As Tupac defined it, a thug is someone who is going through struggles, has gone through struggles, and continues to live day by day with nothing for them. That person is a thug. and the life they are living is the thug life. A thug is NOT a gangster. Look up gangster and gangsta. Not even CLOSE, my friend.

Man... if you think 50 is broke... you are CRAZY!!
Again, no body really said he was broke (save @GrumpyCat).

He got CRAZY F*ckING RICH... NOT PUNK RICH... 100'S OF MILLIONS RICH!!!
I tried looking up "punk rich" in the urban dictionary. Couldn't find it. :(

It's all about a persona. His instagram is all about building and solidifying that persona. Pure marketing and people just eat it up.

Last edited:

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
Wow, people care a lot about 50 cent here. LOL.
By the way, I'm really enjoying Power. This guy shits gold, literally.

ace81385

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
May 6, 2015
Seems to be alot of mixed opinions on 50 and his bankruptcy. Well see what the courts decide. It may well be a clever business move by a clever businessman or maybe hes fallen on hard times. Time will tell. I personally think he has plenty of $$.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Thug?

I don't see a thug. I see a man who grew up doing things most people couldn't imagine just to survive. Then go on to become one of the wealthiest people in entertainment.

Is Donald Trump a thug? What about Mickey Rooney?

Why do I have to do the homework for the fanboys?

50 Cent called himself 50 because he identified himself after a thug from Brooklyn who called himself 50 cent because he would even rob a person for 50 cents.

As said in the song "how to rob" he will do anything to feed himself similar to 50 cent.

Then, he did a music video with Destiny's Child called "Thug Love."

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/celebrity/50-cent-let-girl-hold-bag

http://crime.about.com/od/famousdiduno/ig/celebrity_mugshots/50-Cent.htm

If you look like a duck, walk like a duck, and call yourself a duck, other people shouldn't feign offense when someone else calls you a duck.

Last edited:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Why do I have to do the homework for the fanboys?

50 Cent called himself 50 because he identified himself after a thug from Brooklyn who called himself 50 cent because he would even rob a person for 50 cents. As said in the song "how to rob" he will do anything to feed himself similar to 50 cent.

Then, he did a music video with Destiny's Child called "Thug Love."

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/celebrity/50-cent-let-girl-hold-bag

http://crime.about.com/od/famousdiduno/ig/celebrity_mugshots/50-Cent.htm

If you look like a duck, walk like a duck, and call yourself a duck, other people shouldn't feign offense when someone else calls you a duck.
Well, there is that ^^^

From veteran California bankruptcy attorney regarding Curtis' bankruptcy (emphases mine)

“In Chapter 11 in particular, one usually has many assets — in fact, Chapter 11 is used to protect those assets while repaying creditors what they would get if the assets were liquidated,” veteran California bankruptcy attorney Mark Markus told Mashable. “So those who file Chapter 11 are definitely not broke.

What they are is insolvent, which means unable to pay all one’s debts as they become due, and that is precisely what the bankruptcy laws are designed to address.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
50C is broke!
50C is broke!
50C is broke!
50C is broke!
50C is broke!
50C is broke!
50C is broke!
50C is broke!

o8ftb.jpg

Last edited:

MKHB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Jun 26, 2015
Dude is straight pimpin- yo! Haters Step off.

I saw his latest movie and I have not seen performance that inspiring since Shaq's ground-breaking role in Shazam.

D

DeletedUser394

Had some time to look into this nonsense. Apparently this was brought about after losing a lawsuit to another rapper's baby mama for the posting a sex tape. Such class.

But he's rich, so he must be looked up to no matter what.. just like Belfort and all those other titans of business.. right? Right?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Had some time to look into this nonsense. Apparently this was brought about after losing a lawsuit to another rapper's baby mama for the posting a sex tape. Such class.

But he's rich, so he must be looked up to no matter what.. just like Belfort and all those other titans of business.. right? Right?

Because... why not add a little Taylor Swift to this 50 Cent thread?

keywords: Taylor Swift, 50 Cent, Bankrupt, Millionaire, Business, Money, Haters, Brilliant, Vigilante, Blaze Your Own Path, The Millionaire Fast Lane, Thug, Thug Life, Stacks of Money, Hidden Money, Assets, Grumpy Cat, Shot in the Face, Baby Mama, KAK, MJ DeMarco, Curtis Jackson, Rob the jewelry store tell 'em make me a grill.

Last edited:

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida

He came out and painted a moral equivalency between himself and Walt Disney and Donald Trump.

The difference? They were BANKRUPT when they filed bankruptcy. He's not. The courts will see right through this.

If they perceive him as trying to game the system, he might end up paying way more.

He owns a ton of rare Ferraris. One Enzo alone is worth more than $1m.

Dangerous game if the court starts liquidating his shit at pennies on the dollar.

The point people miss is that no one gets to 10 mil never mind 100 without SMART PEOPLE AROUND THEM. 50's partners are BUSINESS SAVVY SMART RICH WHITE GUYS.

You guys think he might have, I dunno, looked for advice before doing this?

Edited by Vigilante to delete the ethnic racism that may have not been intended.

Last edited:

Boo Blizzi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 3, 2009
A

What we go there is a hard Core member of the hero-worshiping posse...you do you bro.

- Jesse

Dude you better check my past post or google Boo Blades... I am my OWN F*ckING HERO!

http://booblades.com/2005/

I know how hard it is to go from less than zero-to-100, so I can identify with him.
Most people from middle America who grew up in a well rounded, nurturing environment cant.

Jesse Dallenbach

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Jul 3, 2015
Northern California, U.S.A.
O
Dude you better check my past post or google Boo Blades... I am my OWN F*ckING HERO!

http://booblades.com/2005/

I know how hard it is to go from less than zero-to-100, so I can identify with him.
Most people from middle America who grew up in a well rounded, nurturing environment cant.

Ok I better check your past post and blog...dude.

Are you trying to recruit your own stable of fanboys?

Happy for ya guy, you are doing your thing good for you! ;-)

- Jesse

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Hey All. We are all fastlaners or striving to be so. We are here to learn from and support one another. There is no other place out there where we can come together to have the discussions that we have on this forum.

We are also all very different individuals with unique ways of looking at the world. So we will never all agree on most topics even though we all have the same basic mindset.

Let's have a little respect for our similar but diverse culture. We do not need to agree but we should be able to do so in an amiable fashion.

MKHB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Jun 26, 2015
Hey All. We are all fastlaners or striving to be so. We are here to learn from and support one another. There is no other place out there where we can come together to have the discussions that we have on this forum.

We are also all very different individuals with unique ways of looking at the world. So we will never all agree on most topics even though we all have the same basic mindset.

Let's have a little respect for our similar but diverse culture. We do not need to agree but we should be able to do so in an amiable fashion.

Well said...from a financial perspective...we (Fastlaners) all have more in common with each other than we do with any public figure.

We all have to keep hustling, we got to pay our rent and our mortgages, we have to keep learning and doing.

Fifty Cent/Donald Trump/Barrack Obama/Bill Clinton/George Bush, you name it, not one them or their children or their children's children will ever worry about paying their bills.

They all got theirs, now we need to get ours (Fastlaners).

wbrett1027

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Feb 15, 2015
Chapter 11 bankruptcy... He's not broke, but very smart

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
The point people miss is that no one gets to 10 mil never mind 100 without SMART PEOPLE AROUND THEM. 50's partners are BUSINESS SAVVY SMART RICH WHITE GUYS.

You guys think he might have, I dunno, looked for advice before doing this?

Edited by Vigilante to delete the ethnic racism that may have not been intended.

I'm not sure what you're implying but that would be the smart thing to do so yes.

He didn't end up with the best of the best around him by chance, and they aren't free so that wouldn't be a decision a lot of people would make.

Why did you mention that they're white?

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Chapter 11 bankruptcy... He's not broke, but very smart

I would argue that he was a freakin' idiot to leak a sex tape with him 'live' commentating... which is what supposedly has lead to this BK filing.

If he was so smart why would he do something like this that any smart person would know could lead to financial/legal hardship?

wbrett1027

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Feb 15, 2015
I would argue that he was a freakin' idiot to leak a sex tape with him 'live' commentating... which is what supposedly has lead to this BK filing.

If he was so smart why would he do something like this that any smart person would know could lead to financial/legal hardship?

That's the lifestyle of these rich clebs.
They obviously don't think before they do

Brett.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content