The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Self-Promotion Saturday Now Live!

Have something to sell? Want to promote your design service or a YouTube channel? SELL-ME SATURDAY is your opportunity to self-promote anything within the sphere of entrepreneurship on one thread... and at no cost. Go There
    Note: Indiscriminate SEO backlinking to questionable material is not allowed.
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

5 Email Outreach Subject Lines To Get You More Replies

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

• Banned

Alex Edson

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Feb 1, 2018
Phoenix, AZ.
The most important part of your sales outreach is your subject line.

Reason being, if you can’t get your prospect to open your sales outreach, nothing in your message will matter anyway.

Subject Line #1): A Quick Question.
Yes, just three simple words followed by a period.

Why does this outreach subject line work so well?

Because almost everyone has time for a “quick question”!

Subject Line #2): Friend of [Mutual Friend]
It’s nearly impossible not to receive a response from a prospect when you mention the name of a mutual friend or associate in your subject line.

Subject Line #3): Contacting you at [Mutual Friend]’s suggestion
Again, using the name of a mutually known contact in your subject line is incredibly powerful.

This “warm lead” introduction immediately separates your outreach from all the other outreaches in your recipient’s inbox.

Subject Line #4): [Prospect’s Name]
Using the prospect’s first name as the subject line might seem “too empty” but just try it! It works like magic!

Subject Line #5): Helping you achieve [XYZ]
Thinking from the other person’s point of view is what sales is all about.

This subject line is crafted towards helping the recipient achieve their goals.

For example, if you are selling SEO software, your subject line could be:

“Helping you achieve more website traffic.”
Or, if you are selling automobiles to gasoline conscious buyers, your subject line could be:

“Found you the best gas mileage car (within your budget)”

[This post originally appeared [I inserted my website here but since I just use this forum as a lead channel a mod deleted it.]] <- edited by mod ;)

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows from Dreams
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 14, 2013
The Underground
The most important part of your sales outreach is your subject line.

Reason being, if you can’t get your prospect to open your sales outreach, nothing in your message will matter anyway.

Subject Line #1): A Quick Question.
Yes, just three simple words followed by a period.

Why does this outreach subject line work so well?

Because almost everyone has time for a “quick question”!

Subject Line #2): Friend of [Mutual Friend]
It’s nearly impossible not to receive a response from a prospect when you mention the name of a mutual friend or associate in your subject line.

Subject Line #3): Contacting you at [Mutual Friend]’s suggestion
Again, using the name of a mutually known contact in your subject line is incredibly powerful.

This “warm lead” introduction immediately separates your outreach from all the other outreaches in your recipient’s inbox.

Subject Line #4): [Prospect’s Name]
Using the prospect’s first name as the subject line might seem “too empty” but just try it! It works like magic!

Subject Line #5): Helping you achieve [XYZ]
Thinking from the other person’s point of view is what sales is all about.

This subject line is crafted towards helping the recipient achieve their goals.

For example, if you are selling SEO software, your subject line could be:

“Helping you achieve more website traffic.”
Or, if you are selling automobiles to gasoline conscious buyers, your subject line could be:

“Found you the best gas mileage car (within your budget)”

[This post originally appeared
Show proof...or is this just another chance to funnel people back to your blog?
Subject lines get opens, not replies.

Bdenner64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 26, 2017
Boulder, CO
Show proof...or is this just another chance to funnel people back to your blog?
Subject lines get opens, not replies.
Also, I get the same basically the same exact results when googling "how to write a good email"... Nothing earth shattering enough for me to consider visiting the blog. Also, maybe consider a single thread that is a self contained email guide, not 10 different threads with shallow content on each

MrYoshi

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Apr 15, 2017
I've used the quick question subject line to get meetings with multiple VPs at fortune 500 companies.

I normally just do [Name] - Quick question

AdamMaxum

a worthy successor indeed
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Apr 30, 2011
NY
Hey Alex,

I echo @SinisterLex - have you seen % increases in opens by using these yourself? If so, what kind of increases? I would assume whoever wrote this (you or someone else) saw an increase in open rates. More details/proof would be more convincing.

Points 2 and 3 - this is very difficult to do, especially in a mass email outreach campaign. How would you know who their friend is? Linkedin connection? Personally meeting them? I mean, if someone recommended you email someone then yeah, that would be a good subject line, but in the majority of cases it seems impossible to do. I don't see it scaling which is what most people doing email outreach are trying to accomplish.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I've just concluded my program with Kyle. The incubator gave me what I wanted. Now, working on a...
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Thanks for the detailed response. I see it similar, in the beginning, you have only a small...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
The day I can afford to pay 800 a month to have someone keep me accountable is the day I've won...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom