Whats up my fastlane homies
... My question is how can I help a family member cash out there 401K??
Without paying or very minimal I mean very minimal taxes....please help guide me to help..
My mother recently lost her job after 18yrs. The reason I know most of you would not care. Or so I irrationaly reason. Her place of employment burnt down displacing over 300 workers. She would like to take some time off now and cash out her employee savings plan.
In order for her to cash out we have been told by our tax preparer ( I know wrong guy to go to for these type of things) that because she is not over the age of 59 1/2.
She will have to pay a 10% penalty fee. Plus the feds want 35 to 40% tax and in the state she resides they want 5 to 10%. I did some research and turns out he is right
From what I have been able to find out these are tax deferred plans. But wow go easy on the nuggets! This is robbery. For some folks different strokes. What do I mean by this; some people would say " Hey why not just leave it there and build interest". Unfortunately right now the second option is to "cash out" the 401K...
There is options of taking out "hardship loans"..not happening. Also for the downpayment of real estate or medical purposes..this is also not happening.
Hope to hear from some of you intelligent and savvy individuals that deal with this on a daily basis. And whatever golden nuggets of information are left. I thank you and will make sure to turn this milk situation into butter.
Muchas Gracias
Without paying or very minimal I mean very minimal taxes....please help guide me to help..
My mother recently lost her job after 18yrs. The reason I know most of you would not care. Or so I irrationaly reason. Her place of employment burnt down displacing over 300 workers. She would like to take some time off now and cash out her employee savings plan.
In order for her to cash out we have been told by our tax preparer ( I know wrong guy to go to for these type of things) that because she is not over the age of 59 1/2.
She will have to pay a 10% penalty fee. Plus the feds want 35 to 40% tax and in the state she resides they want 5 to 10%. I did some research and turns out he is right
From what I have been able to find out these are tax deferred plans. But wow go easy on the nuggets! This is robbery. For some folks different strokes. What do I mean by this; some people would say " Hey why not just leave it there and build interest". Unfortunately right now the second option is to "cash out" the 401K...
There is options of taking out "hardship loans"..not happening. Also for the downpayment of real estate or medical purposes..this is also not happening.
Hope to hear from some of you intelligent and savvy individuals that deal with this on a daily basis. And whatever golden nuggets of information are left. I thank you and will make sure to turn this milk situation into butter.
Muchas Gracias
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
