The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anything related to investing, including crypto

StepBow

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
May 4, 2023
USA
Hi, I am 16 and just started working at Walmart. I was looking at the benefits and I saw that they double what you put into your 401k. I would put 5% into my paycheck so it would be about 20-25$ a week and then Walmart would double it. I checked with the manager it is allowed for a minor to do it. As of right now money is not tight for me I have a good car and about 12,000 in my bank account. I see myself using the money one day for business and college. On paper investing in my 401k right now seems like a good idea but down the line I may regret it. Any advice is appreciated

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
max out the double pay. get all you can from them.
you can get a loan against it or move it to a self directed ira to use later. or just let it grow!!
compounding is awesome. starting early will put you way ahead.

also, use $1k of your account to make $2k. find a hustle, start a business, get used to making deals.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Cheesecake.