The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

4 Pages + Blog Website Good Traffic?

Laverdure

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
Hi guys,

I'm actually new with Affiliate Marketing and I'm trying to give it a shot on the french market because my skills and english are not good enough yet to attack the bigger market.

I'm creating a website that will have 4 little pages about reviews from my affiliate product + one Blog that I will keep updated almost daily.

I'm creating this website with Website Builder | Create a Free Website with Wix.com because I have no coding experience yet.

I would like to know if with a small website like this, I could still have good traffic on it?

thanks you!

Please add any other comments.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
Not enough information to tell - at all.

Side note - what if someone told you, that it wouldn't work? Would you not do it? If so, don't do it.

rodney

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jan 3, 2012
inland empire
Hi Laverdure,

I'm not quite familiar with wix.com, but from my evaluations, it seems that most of their site are flash based. If you create your site solely on flash, you lose a lot of SEO capabilities because the content is embedded inside of flash. IMHO, you should try to install Wordpress and add free modules/themes to start. Wordpress is great for content building and you can learn a lot of it within a matter of time without all the necessary coding. You can also decide to pay for modules or theme, or hire a freelance designer to enhance your website for a small fee. Plus, WP is easy to install, maintain, and learn over time.

Laverdure

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
Hi Rodney,

Let say by the time I want to have an e-commerce related to my affiliate website, Can I create one with WP and having the checkout and all these things?

nuwav

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Mar 4, 2011
London, UK
Hi Rodney,

Let say by the time I want to have an e-commerce related to my affiliate website, Can I create one with WP and having the checkout and all these things?

Using Wordpress for an ecommerce site is good if you have small amount of products. you can find Wordpress ecommerce themes and plugins if you search in Google. For selling huge amount of products its better to use a shopping cart system like Opencart or use 3dcart that hosts the site for you, and you just customize the site yourself by drag and drop.

rodney

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jan 3, 2012
inland empire

I'd developed a site combining WP and Zen Cart to have a full-fledge e-commerce site without touching any codes in the past. However, since it sounds like your site is much simpler than this I recommend installing WP and finding a shopping cart module that takes care of your affiliates.

Here's a link to one shopping cart module. WordPress Ecommerce a WordPress Shopping Cart Plugin - getShopped.org

Best of luck!

mmtprofile

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 21, 2011
It's possible if you had enough quality content and lot's of images and videos with back links. But I'm not sure about WIX. I've used wix for a facebook page once and I really didn't like it.... For websites I use wordpress.

Laverdure

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
If I understand you can make any kind of website with wordpress ... you just need to anstall and buy the plugging ?

lexy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 5, 2012
I would like to know if with a small website like this, I could still have good traffic on it?

Hi Laverdure, whether you'll have good traffic doesn't depend on where it's hosted. It depends on what you yourself do to attract traffic to the site.

caromorgan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
May 24, 2011
South Africa
WIX is really not a good option as far as SEO goes... it is set up to drive traffic to WIX, not to you! :)
Plus the flash is slow and annoying.

I would go with the advice above - use Wordpress or similar. Avoid Flash.

But mostly, remember that people will come to you site if you:
(a) market it well
(b) have something they need

Get those 2 things right, and you've won the battle.

Laverdure

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
Thanks that's what I figured out the last week :p

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts