The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

38 and lost in the world of ideas

Idea threads

Nikson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Oct 10, 2016
California
Yes, proper introduction is always a good thing for anyone fresh/new (as myself) in a new crowd.

Sure hope to shine some light, may be get to be a log in someone's fire or find shade under someone's tree...

My name is Nik "Nikson / BudNixon", I'm 38 and have come to a split on a road...

Born and raised in Russia, have been taught to be a person of "know-it-all" skill, but never became "perfect" in any profession, kicked out of high school (although maintained high GPA), got GED at a local community college, dropped out during the 1st semester of college of "chemical engineering" future.

Have found myself to be a successful organizer in a crowd events & restorer/fabricator.
Love outdoors and various overlanding adventures...

While worked in Property Management field for past 15 years, had invested time in learning about Time Management (Brian Tracy), love the book "Think & Grow Rich" (N.Hill) along with time to venture out into the wild and post that to Youtube (created over 6k following). Recently was put into a position of having to start and run from scratch a trucking company (4 trucks - longhaul).

Life had me learn how to be creative, which led me to bunch of various ideas; in my opinion they should generate various levels of cash flow if properly executed...

Execution... and thats where I got stock.

"Faith is dead without good work, thus believing without doing is pointless!!!"

Thanks to everyone who came here and shared all the info.

That wraps it up for now!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
478%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Welcome @Nikson ! Looks like you have a few things going on that we see a lot on the forum. See if any of these sound accurate:

1. We refer to your experience in business as "shiny object syndrome". Your creative side gets going, you start something then along comes that creative mind finding some new best thing. I suffered from it for many years.

2. "Know it all" vs "Perfection" - This is more of an observation. You can succeed with either bias.

in my opinion they should generate various levels of cash flow
The market determines your level of cash flow. Your customers will vote with their wallet and possibly affirm your "opinion"...or not :)

Do some forum searches on these topics and see what you come up with. Use that information coupled with what you learn in the book - (first 3 chapters here for free): http://www.themillionairefastlane.com/download.php

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome to the forum.

Recently was put into a position of having to start and run from scratch a trucking company (4 trucks - longhaul).

Curious, how does this happen? Do you mean as an employee? I can't imagine being a resistant entrepreneur, unless it's a family business.

Nikson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Oct 10, 2016
California
Welcome to the forum.

Curious, how does this happen? Do you mean as an employee? I can't imagine being a resistant entrepreneur, unless it's a family business.

Short story time I guess...

Being that I'm from Leasing background, was invited by a company in California to grow a smaller established trailer rental company with a good commission offer, too good to pass...
Meanwhile at the same time, my current business partner already had 2 tractor/trailers leased out to the company, they charged 12% off gross.
I've joined with him on financing, and we financed 2 more tractors/trailers to be put into same already working schematic.

To make the story short, that same trucking company goes "south" (previous years grossed over 25mil) and we end up having to start from scratch.
My partner isnt up on any paperwork/or language skills to run the office side of things.
Basically, we end up outsourcing our dispatch to couple of guys that we helped start up as well, and I'm having to run ALL that has to do with the company.

In 2 days it will be a year since we gone operational, this year will gross somewhere around 1.5mil (which is pretty typical I guess), but with left over debt to us from previous dealings, our net has not being as good as I would like it to be.

In any case, seems like trucking businesses/industry is going through issues like back in 2008, I've been told by many that I came into business at the "wrong time". Just as a comparison, just few years ago, rates for cargo been as high as $8-10/mile gross - now if we get a stable $2/mile - we are happy.

Nikson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Oct 10, 2016
California
$2 a mile?? May I ask where you're located.
I have 60,000lbs non-hazmat I need to transport 206 miles in Michigan.

If thats 60k in one load, I wont be able to do it, I can only take on around 45k at once to keep things legal and not overloaded.
Trucks go all continental US, more or less where ever dispatch takes to/from loads. There are some areas that we stay away from due to toll costs/bad areas overall - like NYC itself... No driver wants to get in that on a big rig.

PM me and I'll see what I can do. ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.