The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

35 Year Old Army Medical Officer Tired Of The Slowlane

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

rundreamachieve

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Jun 1, 2012
Kentucky
Hello All,

My name is Nathan. Like all of you The Fastlane Millionaire second only to the Bible has made me really think about what is possible. I am re-reading it for the second time now. I have a total of $9000 ($3000 in college debt left and $6000 on a car loan I still owe) in debt. I am an army medical service corps officer currently deployed to Afghanistan. There are a lot of things that go through your mind when your in an up armored vehicle in a war zone and outside of my own safety and family but 'there has to be more to life then this' certainly has rolled through mine the last 2 months I have been here. Although I am extremely proud to have been serving going on 11 years on active duty.

The long hours of military life is still slow lane mentality. I have a website catered to fitness minded individuals and runners. I am an elite marathoner (2.19.35 PR) and am trying to shy away from doing 'what I love' and assisting runners in answering their 'needs and wants' via my own site but still feel I don't have a business plan. I have had my site for a little over 6 months and only receive 150-300 visitors per day (341 for a high). Have 82 subscribers, have read numerous books on 'passive income', 'outsourcing', and people going on trips around the world quitting their jobs etc etc. MJ's book was the first book I have read where BS wasn't being thrown around. I know people ARE doing these things but just seem stumped right now. There seems to be so much to learn and so many avenues to take.

I believe in the fast lane mindset and fully am behind MJ's viewpoints, otherwise I wouldn't be here. I will be in Afghanistan for the next few months and will be debt free when I return. This will be a great feeling but still need to network with other like-minded fasteners to turn my website into a REAL business. I, like many of you, read about MJ's profits of over $100,000 (a low) and over $200,000 per month with his website...it astounds me that people can make that type of money that quick (but realize it was a process to get there). I will spend 6 months in a war zone and will have made less (even with the extra pay we receive).

It isn't the $$ that I'm after. I want the freedom to enjoy time with my wife, not deal with an alarm clock and have the time to pursue my own goals instead of handling tasks and missions from my superiors. Again, am extremely honored to serve but a lot of things roll through your mind when your over here.

I didn't come here to advertise my site but am thankful this forum supports those of us striving to do the things MJ mentions in his book.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Welcome to the forum! There seems to be a few of us out here in the Stan. Where are you located? I'm in Kabul at the moment.

rundreamachieve

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Jun 1, 2012
Kentucky
Nangahar:) Be safe brother. What business are you in? I ran professionally for the army in their elite athlete unit at Fort Carson as a marathoner, stationed at Fort Campbell now.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Nangahar:) Be safe brother. What business are you in? I ran professionally for the army in their elite athlete unit at Fort Carson as a marathoner, stationed at Fort Campbell now.
Thanks..safer here then where you're at though. I spent the past year traveling around Nangahar / Kunar. I was based out of J-bad but covered the entire AOR. Lots of Helicopter time =) By Trade I'm a computer networks guy. I'm a Contractor and no longer in the military. Business wise I'm just trying to bring in some "passive" income so I can quit my job. Focus is slightly scattered. I have an Android app on the market, I've been building websites for ad revenue, and I'm starting to look at products to bring into the U.S and sell. Pretty similar to what most of the forum is doing at the moment, lol.
Professional runner? Sounds like a sweet gig.

rundreamachieve

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Jun 1, 2012
Kentucky
Thanks for the message and certainly can relate to wanting to learn 'how' to earn passive income. One of the most important thing I learned (among many others) from MJ's book is focusing on the 'process' rather then the event of making money online. I joined this forum because I need to know the process and am sure the same goes for you. Thanks for serving over here. I think being a contractor is a MUCH better option then serving here in uniform. I guess it is just hard hearing MJ talk about how he hasn't had to deal with an alarm clock or boss for over 10 years (certainly earned though and I, like many of us, never got to see the process he had to endure to have that luxury).

Yeah, ran for the army world class athlete program at Fort Carson for 3 years. I am considering switching over to the Air Force and do an inter service transfer (until I get to a point where I CAN quit my job and start 'enjoying' full time online work).

Thanks again for serving over here.

Nate

Thanks..safer here then where you're at though. I spent the past year traveling around Nangahar / Kunar. I was based out of J-bad but covered the entire AOR. Lots of Helicopter time =) By Trade I'm a computer networks guy. I'm a Contractor and no longer in the military. Business wise I'm just trying to bring in some "passive" income so I can quit my job. Focus is slightly scattered. I have an Android app on the market, I've been building websites for ad revenue, and I'm starting to look at products to bring into the U.S and sell. Pretty similar to what most of the forum is doing at the moment, lol.
Professional runner? Sounds like a sweet gig.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...