The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

27 Years Old Leaving Addiction Behind, Finally Taking Action

Phineas J.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 30, 2017
South Elgin, Il
I've had a fascination with entrepreneurship since high school. I always loved reading stories about successful business owners and the paths they took to succeed. I would lose myself in them, dreaming about one day getting up off my a$$ and doing something like that.

However, I also lost myself in an addiction to alcoholism, and am committed to recovering from it. My life has been on hold up until when I recently just quit.

A few months ago, I found this forum. I bought and read both the books, and since then haven't been able to stop THINKING about entrepreneurship.

I read a few of the GOLD threads, and decided to pursue the "15 Days to Freedom" copywriting thread from @SinisterLex as a point to start taking real action. I really want to learn how to sell, as it seems like the most important skill set for an entrepreneur to have based on what I've read this far on the forum. Thanks for letting me share.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
Welcome aboard Phineas J. and kudos for taking control of your health in your journey to overcoming and recovering from addiction and alcoholism. Wishing you all the best in your endeavours.

ejames

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Nov 5, 2015
New York
I've had a fascination with entrepreneurship since high school. I always loved reading stories about successful business owners and the paths they took to succeed. I would lose myself in them, dreaming about one day getting up off my a$$ and doing something like that.

However, I also lost myself in an addiction to alcoholism, and am committed to recovering from it. My life has been on hold up until when I recently just quit.

A few months ago, I found this forum. I bought and read both the books, and since then haven't been able to stop THINKING about entrepreneurship.

I read a few of the GOLD threads, and decided to pursue the "15 Days to Freedom" copywriting thread from @SinisterLex as a point to start taking real action. I really want to learn how to sell, as it seems like the most important skill set for an entrepreneur to have based on what I've read this far on the forum. Thanks for letting me share.

Congrats on giving up drinking! There is also this supplement called Kudzu root that really helps putting the bottle down not sure how it works but I have been taking it and it really makes you not feel like drinking.

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK
Congrats on giving up the drink!

Do you have any idea what sort of business you'd like to go into?

Phineas J.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 30, 2017
South Elgin, Il
Thanks for the tip @ejames I appreciate it!

And yeah @PetePreneur I'm not 100% sure yet. I'm currently trying to devote a few months to learning copy and getting some freelance gigs with it.
I don't make crap for money right now.

I was also considering getting a sales job as it seems to be the most important skill to have (I don't have any technical skills
or anything).
However, I'm having a hard time deciphering whether or not this is really just me action faking? I figured this path could maybe lead to me
finding a problem to solve and starting my business from there. In UNSCRIPTED , I do remember MJ actually mentioning that if you're still in the idea phase, learning sales and marketing is still a useful skill to learn, as well as getting a job in general in that it could lead to a fastlane business idea.

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
@Phineas J. I wish you the best of luck! I smoked weed all the time in my early 20s. I got nowhere. Yet I know how hard it is to quit too. Especially when your friends (ex-friends?) still do it.

It may be helpful to examine your social network and "Prune" any un-necessary people.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
However, I'm having a hard time deciphering whether or not this is really just me action faking? I figured this path could maybe lead to me
finding a problem to solve and starting my business from there. In UNSCRIPTED , I do remember MJ actually mentioning that if you're still in the idea phase, learning sales and marketing is still a useful skill to learn, as well as getting a job in general in that it could lead to a fastlane business idea.
Nope....as long it brings some dough that you can save up for some capital, plus industrial experience, why not?
Of course jobs always seem like action faking or unprogressive. When I tried to freelance, I felt F*cking ashamed of myself. Now, things are better although I have those days.
It's up to your standards and goals, to decide whether you are getting there....even in UNSCRIPTED , MJ admits that its hard to know when you are in the fray of the battle. You won't know until you go in lol....

Welcome!

Max Gambit

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jun 12, 2017
USA
Good luck in your future endeavours.
I want to cheer you up and say that you're on the right track! Congrats on giving up drinking!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...