- Joined
- Mar 30, 2019
- Messages
- 179
Rep Bank
$805
$805
User Power: 135%
Howdy all,
Lately I've been re-engineering myself to create value, and right now in my journey, I have an interesting problem in uncharted waters.
I'm working to develop a real web-design business from the ground up. To do this, I'm working on filling my pipeline via prospecting and winning real projects in the small bits of time I can carve out during my work week by leveraging my lunch break.
I've been working on putting myself out there with pro-active outreach via phone during said lunch break, but I'm finding one thing may be holding me back:
I only have 27 minutes or less every day to make cold calls.
You read that right. Because of my job's schedule, I only have a half-hour to make calls to prospects within business hours and win their attention (if they're not at lunch themselves, lmao).
So far, the best I've done is 4 calls in one lunch period, which is good in it's own right, but I still feel that there have to be better ways to bootstrap and really get the engines going, since other TFF members have managed it before.
Has anyone else here been in this place? Facing these same limitations while being trapped in a dayjob?
I'll admit, I don't have any type of e-mail prospecting at the moment, but only because I've been led to believe it's worthless and ends up in the spam box (based on readings of Fanatical Prospecting by James Blount and New Sales Simplified by Mike Weinberg.).
I would LOVE to be able to use my weekend time to pro-actively reach out and offer to help these prospects, but a weekend is a weekend and I'm not sure how they'd take it. Research hasn't turned up much, since most online sales resources tend to either be targeted/guru courses, or aimed at people working sales as a dayjob, NOT bootstrappers like me.
Big shoutout to @Fox for paving the way with his excellent videos, especially the ones on finding first clients and SPIN selling; and then @GuitarManDan for taking the leap, making it, and documenting his journey on the way to leave breadcrumbs for the rest of us.
Lately I've been re-engineering myself to create value, and right now in my journey, I have an interesting problem in uncharted waters.
I'm working to develop a real web-design business from the ground up. To do this, I'm working on filling my pipeline via prospecting and winning real projects in the small bits of time I can carve out during my work week by leveraging my lunch break.
I've been working on putting myself out there with pro-active outreach via phone during said lunch break, but I'm finding one thing may be holding me back:
I only have 27 minutes or less every day to make cold calls.
You read that right. Because of my job's schedule, I only have a half-hour to make calls to prospects within business hours and win their attention (if they're not at lunch themselves, lmao).
So far, the best I've done is 4 calls in one lunch period, which is good in it's own right, but I still feel that there have to be better ways to bootstrap and really get the engines going, since other TFF members have managed it before.
Has anyone else here been in this place? Facing these same limitations while being trapped in a dayjob?
I'll admit, I don't have any type of e-mail prospecting at the moment, but only because I've been led to believe it's worthless and ends up in the spam box (based on readings of Fanatical Prospecting by James Blount and New Sales Simplified by Mike Weinberg.).
I would LOVE to be able to use my weekend time to pro-actively reach out and offer to help these prospects, but a weekend is a weekend and I'm not sure how they'd take it. Research hasn't turned up much, since most online sales resources tend to either be targeted/guru courses, or aimed at people working sales as a dayjob, NOT bootstrappers like me.
Big shoutout to @Fox for paving the way with his excellent videos, especially the ones on finding first clients and SPIN selling; and then @GuitarManDan for taking the leap, making it, and documenting his journey on the way to leave breadcrumbs for the rest of us.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
