The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

23 years old, complete rookie

Peacefulwarrior

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jun 25, 2020
New Zealand
Hey guys, my name's Liam, I'm from New Zealand and thought I'd pop in and introduce myself.

I found out about MJ DeMarco through a YouTube video I watched about a month ago called 'The untold truth about money' by James Jani. He mentioned Unscripted and I instantly went to go purchase the book. It took 3 weeks to arrive here because New Zealand is in the middle of nowhere. I'm still currently reading the book, but already am amazed by how much truth MJ speaks and gets right to the point.

In terms of entrepreneurship, I've never had a business or tried to monetize any content I put out. I use to do Call of Duty videos using my parents old video camera back in 2011, use to set it up on the couch armrest and align it with the TV. This was before I knew that you could buy something to record your gameplay. I gave up shortly after beginning. I also did a couple of bodybuilding transformation videos on YouTube, my most popular video had 45,000 views.

The ultimate reason why I'm getting into this is because I need a set target to work towards. I'm so contempt with just lazing around but I'm well aware how dangerous this is. I see my parents come home every day drained from work and that shit terrifies me. I will NEVER work a 9-5 anymore (did for about 2 months, my other jobs were part-time).
They come home, unfulfilled and complain about their colleagues to each other and I have to leave the room as soon as this starts. I can't be arsed listening to negative drama.

Back in 2016, I was fresh out of Highschool and went straight into University to study Business because I was taught all my life that a University degree was the key to success, that no one would take me seriously otherwise and I wouldn't be able to get a good 'stable' job without one. I studied the core papers for the first year and then went into my second year "studying" HR papers. I didn't give one flying F*ck about Uni, all I cared about was chasing girls and drinking piss every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. I did this for 33 weeks in a row, some weeks I only went clubbing on Friday and Saturday, pretty much spending all my weekly student allowance ($178.50) on bus rides to town, club entries and $3 cruisers (lolly drinks, 5% alc) and burger king after clubs at 3 am. I did this because I had my first breakup at the start of the year and tried to get over it by getting as drunk as possible each time I went out. My depression got worse... Who would've thought?! lol...

By the end of 2017, I got kicked out of Uni for failing this maths paper 3 times (that's the max amount of attempts). I failed because like I said, I didn't care about Uni, I was still drinking every weekend and also started smoking weed (1 year sober now).

During 2018, I went and got my personal training qualification, then started training clients at my gym in 2019. Towards the end of 2019, I found out the paper I had failed 3 times had been dropped from the course because the failure rate each semester was 70%. LOL... I thought "OH GOODY GUMDROPS! I SHOULD GO BACK"... REGRETS.

I have just finished my first semester back, starting from where I left off in 2017 but switched from HR to Marketing, I quickly realised that I made a mistake and should have pursued entrepreneurship, but I only have 2 more semesters left (1 year) and then I'm done. I seriously can't wait until I'm done, so I can pour my heart and soul into this way of life. I know it's going to be very difficult, but when I have my eyes set on something, I do it.

Anyway, guys, I hope I didn't ramble on too much... MJ said in the beginner's page not to make it simple, so I thought I'd add in my little story so far. There's a lot more I could say, but I'll save you guys the time. Thank you for reading!

Much love,

Liam.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...