The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

22-Years-Old College Dropout Has No Idea What to Do Next

Idea threads

demirciler

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Feb 2, 2019
Hey everyone,

Let me introduce myself first. I am a 22 years old boy from Turkey who dropped out of college last year and decided to start a career as an Internet Marketer.

The field I studied at the college was dentistry. My grades were pretty good, and I was a very successful student, but I never felt like I belonged to the school or the profession. I never dreamed of working with people in a 9-5 job that I wouldn't want to be with so, I left school in April last year.

I decided to become an internet marketer on the advice of a close friend who is also an entrepreneur. He said I could make money without being dependent on any environment or country, and I would have the chance to live in the country I wanted in the future. (I am a citizen of Turkey and don't want to live in here forever.)

When I first started this business, my biggest problem was that my English and still more. I do not want to start a business in Turkey, so I want to learn English perfectly and work with people from abroad. However, without being a native speaker it is hard to be successful in many areas such as PPC marketing copywriting, blogging as Internet Marketer.

At the same time when I was studying dentistry, I was very frustrated in the part of the job that required hand skills, so I am still scared about starting a business on some field like Graphic Design and realize that I am not suitable for this area.

I am truly aware of the fact that I have to work for many years to be successful in anything. That's why I am having a hard time making a decision. I'm afraid to spend years on something which doesn't fit my strengths and weaknesses again.

As a result, I have no idea what to do now, and I would like to get advice from you. Thank you in advance for your guidance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rwhyan

The higher, the fewer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Aug 27, 2017
CA
Hey everyone,
I do not want to start a business in Turkey, so I want to learn English perfectly and work with people from abroad.

Why don't you want to start a business in Turkey?

The field I studied at the college was dentistry

Since you have experience with dentistry, why not use that experience to identify problems?

I'm afraid to spend years on something which doesn't fit my strengths and weaknesses again.

What are your strengths and weaknesses? Have you identified them?

---

How are you supporting yourself right now?

demirciler

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Feb 2, 2019
Why don't you want to start a business in Turkey?

I also have citizenship in Greece but I don't know Greek. My plan is earning money online to be able to live in there.

Since you have experience with dentistry, why not use that experience to identify problems?

I started a business to help dentists about their digital marketing but my English is holding me back right now, and i am working on it. It might be some excuse to not taking action I don't know.

What are your strengths and weaknesses? Have you identified them?

I didn't deeply analyze them but I don't think I have the required hand skills and creativity to be a dentist.

How are you supporting yourself right now?

I am living with my parents right now so I don't have many expenses. I am also getting some gigs from Freelancing sites to cover my costs. Because the dollar is quite valuable against Turkish lira, even small amounts are great money here.

If you've got some knowledge of internet marketing, you might consider lead generation for dentists.

Also, you might want to read this thread:
Who have you helped?

I will check the thread thanks for sharing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

rwhyan

The higher, the fewer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Aug 27, 2017
CA
I started a business to help dentists about their digital marketing but my English is holding me back right now, and i am working on it. It might be some excuse to not taking action I don't know.

Your English sounds pretty good from your posts.

If you really think it’s an issue (which I’m not sure it is) then why don’t you start by providing services for Turkish dentists?

You can run an online Turkish business without being in Turkey.

What freelancing gigs are you doing? Provide those services.

SolopreneurGrind

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 26, 2019
A very important realization for most 20 year olds (in my opinion) is that you won't know exactly what you should do right away (or ever?). You need to just start something, or a few things, work hard, learn and kind of see what sticks or what opportunities pop up.

You expressed interest in a few areas, try 2-3 of them. Read a lot, try a lot, and see what you end up spending more time on, being drawn too, etc. None of us have a perfect answer for you, you need to go find it.

Either way, it sounds like improving your english should also be a big focus. I found reading to help in that area as well, as I've been a lifelong reader and notice a big difference in the grammar/spelling of my friends who have read their whole lives and those who haven't.

Just some food for thought.

demirciler

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Feb 2, 2019
Your English sounds pretty good from your posts.

If you really think it’s an issue (which I’m not sure it is) then why don’t you start by providing services for Turkish dentists?

You can run an online Turkish business without being in Turkey.

What freelancing gigs are you doing? Provide those services.

Doing online Turkish business is my second plan. Earning Turkish Lira isn't a reliable source of income in the long term if you want to live in Europe.

I am doing mostly small graphic design gigs, and virtual assistant works to get comfortable working with people from aboard and communicating in English. Also, it helps me to cover my expenses.

A very important realization for most 20 year olds (in my opinion) is that you won't know exactly what you should do right away (or ever?). You need to just start something, or a few things, work hard, learn and kind of see what sticks or what opportunities pop up.

You expressed interest in a few areas, try 2-3 of them. Read a lot, try a lot, and see what you end up spending more time on, being drawn too, etc. None of us have a perfect answer for you, you need to go find it.

Either way, it sounds like improving your english should also be a big focus. I found reading to help in that area as well, as I've been a lifelong reader and notice a big difference in the grammar/spelling of my friends who have read their whole lives and those who haven't.

Just some food for thought.

I am listening to English audiobooks daily. I also read English books about marketing and write a summary of them in English. It helped me a lot in getting better at writing.

Trying a lot of things is a great idea, and I am already doing that but, there are so many gurus, experts tell you to do a different kind of staff. According to them, there is always a more profitable, efficient thing or a way to do something.

I think it is more crucial to be great on a specific topic instead of being an average variety of things, but I agree with the fact that it is also a try and error process.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.