• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

22-Years-Old College Dropout Has No Idea What to Do Next

Discussion in 'General Mindset, Motivation, Beliefs' started by demirciler, Mar 2, 2019.

1. demirciler

demirciler New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $16
    Hey everyone,

Let me introduce myself first. I am a 22 years old boy from Turkey who dropped out of college last year and decided to start a career as an Internet Marketer.

The field I studied at the college was dentistry. My grades were pretty good, and I was a very successful student, but I never felt like I belonged to the school or the profession. I never dreamed of working with people in a 9-5 job that I wouldn't want to be with so, I left school in April last year.

I decided to become an internet marketer on the advice of a close friend who is also an entrepreneur. He said I could make money without being dependent on any environment or country, and I would have the chance to live in the country I wanted in the future. (I am a citizen of Turkey and don't want to live in here forever.)

When I first started this business, my biggest problem was that my English and still more. I do not want to start a business in Turkey, so I want to learn English perfectly and work with people from abroad. However, without being a native speaker it is hard to be successful in many areas such as PPC marketing copywriting, blogging as Internet Marketer.

At the same time when I was studying dentistry, I was very frustrated in the part of the job that required hand skills, so I am still scared about starting a business on some field like Graphic Design and realize that I am not suitable for this area.

I am truly aware of the fact that I have to work for many years to be successful in anything. That's why I am having a hard time making a decision. I'm afraid to spend years on something which doesn't fit my strengths and weaknesses again.

As a result, I have no idea what to do now, and I would like to get advice from you. Thank you in advance for your guidance.

2. rwhyan

rwhyan Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,737
    Why don't you want to start a business in Turkey?

Since you have experience with dentistry, why not use that experience to identify problems?

What are your strengths and weaknesses? Have you identified them?

---

How are you supporting yourself right now?

demirciler likes this.
  3. NMdad

NMdad Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,653
    If you've got some knowledge of internet marketing, you might consider lead generation for dentists.

Also, you might want to read this thread:
    Who have you helped?

ZF Lee, demirciler and msufan like this.
  4. demirciler

Rep Bank:
    $16
    I also have citizenship in Greece but I don't know Greek. My plan is earning money online to be able to live in there.

I started a business to help dentists about their digital marketing but my English is holding me back right now, and i am working on it. It might be some excuse to not taking action I don't know.

I didn't deeply analyze them but I don't think I have the required hand skills and creativity to be a dentist.

I am living with my parents right now so I don't have many expenses. I am also getting some gigs from Freelancing sites to cover my costs. Because the dollar is quite valuable against Turkish lira, even small amounts are great money here.

I will check the thread thanks for sharing.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    Sheens likes this.
  5. rwhyan

rwhyan Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,737
    Your English sounds pretty good from your posts.

If you really think it’s an issue (which I’m not sure it is) then why don’t you start by providing services for Turkish dentists?

You can run an online Turkish business without being in Turkey.

What freelancing gigs are you doing? Provide those services.

demirciler likes this.
  6. SolopreneurGrind

SolopreneurGrind Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $207
    A very important realization for most 20 year olds (in my opinion) is that you won't know exactly what you should do right away (or ever?). You need to just start something, or a few things, work hard, learn and kind of see what sticks or what opportunities pop up.

You expressed interest in a few areas, try 2-3 of them. Read a lot, try a lot, and see what you end up spending more time on, being drawn too, etc. None of us have a perfect answer for you, you need to go find it.

Either way, it sounds like improving your english should also be a big focus. I found reading to help in that area as well, as I've been a lifelong reader and notice a big difference in the grammar/spelling of my friends who have read their whole lives and those who haven't.

Just some food for thought.

demirciler and Sheens like this.
  7. TonyStark

TonyStark I'm not dead yet Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $15,046
    Get a job.

8. demirciler

Rep Bank:
    $16
    Doing online Turkish business is my second plan. Earning Turkish Lira isn't a reliable source of income in the long term if you want to live in Europe.

I am doing mostly small graphic design gigs, and virtual assistant works to get comfortable working with people from aboard and communicating in English. Also, it helps me to cover my expenses.

I am listening to English audiobooks daily. I also read English books about marketing and write a summary of them in English. It helped me a lot in getting better at writing.

Trying a lot of things is a great idea, and I am already doing that but, there are so many gurus, experts tell you to do a different kind of staff. According to them, there is always a more profitable, efficient thing or a way to do something.

I think it is more crucial to be great on a specific topic instead of being an average variety of things, but I agree with the fact that it is also a try and error process.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.