The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

22 year old unemployed Graduate - Entrepreneurship is my only hope

Tshegofatso

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 9, 2020
South Africa
Life is hard. I wish I knew everything I know now 4 years ago. I live in South Africa, and I just finished my degree (Bachelors in Economics) a few months ago. After applying for endless graduate positions with no replies or unsuccessful applications, I find myself sitting at home. I always had dreams of being a millionaire, and living a good life since high school. Unfortunately when you're young and naive, you believe everything you see and hear.

My journey started with Forex. I had a friend who was trading, who constantly spoke about how much he is killing it making 15k a day (ha!). He had this notion that having a 9-5 is a complete waste of time and is for people who wish to be broke forever. Obviously being 17 at the time, I looked up to him (he was 24, in university, had girls, and came from a rich family). I wanted in, and he said to me that in order to really understand the markets I had to study economics at university, and he promised to teach me how to trade when I finished high school. I worked my a$$ off that year (2016) and got to university in 2017. However when it was time for him to hold his end of the bargain, he started making excuses and said I dont want it enough, and thats why he cant teach me. I was frustrated and didnt know where to start, so I decided to pursue something else; Amazon affiliate marketing.

So I bought this guys course I saw on youtube for 17 dollars. He stated that if done right I would see 2k-6k returns in months. I paid for web-hosting and found a product to sell. It wasnt that difficult for me because I had a part-time retail job that gave me some money to spend and to save. Long story short, the affiliate marketing venture cost me around 200 dollars in total, and after a year of no results, I decided that It wasn't for me. It was during this time that I stumbled across the Millionaire fastlane . I read it and completely forgot about it (lol).

In 2018 I decided to try and master the forex markets again. I saved up 500 dollars and opened my first live account. A cousin of mine, who was also learning Forex but a few years ahead of me gave me a few books to read and a video course which he had to pay 5k for absolutely free. He was so motivated and driven, and was working on his forex dream of turning a 500 dollar account into a 50 000 dollar account in a few years into a reality. He had a few successful trades here and there. So I believed it was possible and contemplated dropping out of university to make this money. In October that year I decided to quit my lousy retail job. The dream was alive baby. Tears in my eyes. I already knew which sports car I was going to buy in 2 years time. I was finally on the road to riches. Or so I thought..

After practicing for a few months, I started trading on my live account. It was a disaster. I would win 1 trade and lose 4 or 5. My account took some serious damage, but I wasnt too concerned. I knew that it would not be easy. So I kept funding my account and practicing. This carried on well into 2019. No matter how much I practiced, this pattern continued. Whatever money I made, I would lose again. I eventually asked my cousin how it was going for him. He was experiencing exactly what I was experiencing! I was shattered. After doing more research on the forex market I learned that top hedge funds are happy with a 25% annual ROI from their investments in the forex markets- And that flipping a 500 dollar account to 50 000 dollars is a fools dream-a scam! I fell into a light depression, and stopped trading. My entrepreneurial spirit was still high but waning. This is when I picked up unscripted and started reading it seriously.

Unscripted was such a breath of fresh air. After all my failures, it was exactly what I needed. It gave me hope without selling me dreams. It told me to reach for the sky, with a tone still grounded in reality. In January 2020 I completed my degree. I was ecstatic because I was tired of being stuck in the university system. The years of hard work finally paid off. I was free. My mom and Dad were so happy for me. My little brothers were super excited about which car I was going to buy first. I started looking for a job. I applied for opening after opening. The only responses I would get were to tell me that my application was unsuccessful. Days turned into weeks, which turned into months. My short term relief turned into hopelessness. Yet another kick in the face.

So here I am today. Unemployed, broke, unhappy. I now realize that entrepreneurship is my only hope. I still have big dreams but Im scared. Where do I start? I know that I need to sell something of value, but where do I start? How do I create my own cents business and really start living? I cant live like this forever. I wish I had the answers, and my hope is that I find these answers and more on this forum. It seems like it is my only option now.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Benedict

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Nov 16, 2019
Life is hard. I wish I knew everything I know now 4 years ago. I live in South Africa, and I just finished my degree (Bachelors in Economics) a few months ago. After applying for endless graduate positions with no replies or unsuccessful applications, I find myself sitting at home. I always had dreams of being a millionaire, and living a good life since high school. Unfortunately when you're young and naive, you believe everything you see and hear.

My journey started with Forex. I had a friend who was trading, who constantly spoke about how much he is killing it making 15k a day (ha!). He had this notion that having a 9-5 is a complete waste of time and is for people who wish to be broke forever. Obviously being 17 at the time, I looked up to him (he was 24, in university, had girls, and came from a rich family). I wanted in, and he said to me that in order to really understand the markets I had to study economics at university, and he promised to teach me how to trade when I finished high school. I worked my a$$ off that year (2016) and got to university in 2017. However when it was time for him to hold his end of the bargain, he started making excuses and said I dont want it enough, and thats why he cant teach me. I was frustrated and didnt know where to start, so I decided to pursue something else; Amazon affiliate marketing.

So I bought this guys course I saw on youtube for 17 dollars. He stated that if done right I would see 2k-6k returns in months. I paid for web-hosting and found a product to sell. It wasnt that difficult for me because I had a part-time retail job that gave me some money to spend and to save. Long story short, the affiliate marketing venture cost me around 200 dollars in total, and after a year of no results, I decided that It wasn't for me. It was during this time that I stumbled across the Millionaire fastlane . I read it and completely forgot about it (lol).

In 2018 I decided to try and master the forex markets again. I saved up 500 dollars and opened my first live account. A cousin of mine, who was also learning Forex but a few years ahead of me gave me a few books to read and a video course which he had to pay 5k for absolutely free. He was so motivated and driven, and was working on his forex dream of turning a 500 dollar account into a 50 000 dollar account in a few years into a reality. He had a few successful trades here and there. So I believed it was possible and contemplated dropping out of university to make this money. In October that year I decided to quit my lousy retail job. The dream was alive baby. Tears in my eyes. I already knew which sports car I was going to buy in 2 years time. I was finally on the road to riches. Or so I thought..

After practicing for a few months, I started trading on my live account. It was a disaster. I would win 1 trade and lose 4 or 5. My account took some serious damage, but I wasnt too concerned. I knew that it would not be easy. So I kept funding my account and practicing. This carried on well into 2019. No matter how much I practiced, this pattern continued. Whatever money I made, I would lose again. I eventually asked my cousin how it was going for him. He was experiencing exactly what I was experiencing! I was shattered. After doing more research on the forex market I learned that top hedge funds are happy with a 25% annual ROI from their investments in the forex markets- And that flipping a 500 dollar account to 50 000 dollars is a fools dream-a scam! I fell into a light depression, and stopped trading. My entrepreneurial spirit was still high but waning. This is when I picked up unscripted and started reading it seriously.

Unscripted was such a breath of fresh air. After all my failures, it was exactly what I needed. It gave me hope without selling me dreams. It told me to reach for the sky, with a tone still grounded in reality. In January 2020 I completed my degree. I was ecstatic because I was tired of being stuck in the university system. The years of hard work finally paid off. I was free. My mom and Dad were so happy for me. My little brothers were super excited about which car I was going to buy first. I started looking for a job. I applied for opening after opening. The only responses I would get were to tell me that my application was unsuccessful. Days turned into weeks, which turned into months. My short term relief turned into hopelessness. Yet another kick in the face.

So here I am today. Unemployed, broke, unhappy. I now realize that entrepreneurship is my only hope. I still have big dreams but Im scared. Where do I start? I know that I need to sell something of value, but where do I start? How do I create my own cents business and really start living? I cant live like this forever. I wish I had the answers, and my hope is that I find these answers and more on this forum. It seems like it is my only option now.

Hey,

welcome to the forum! Glad you took the step.

You have read Unscirpted, right?

Go, read it again.

There is a part that talks about chasing money. And how you perceive money. And what the real difference is about money chasers and business owners.

I think it could be really helpful.

Now. One question: Do you want money? Or do you want value vouchers?

Saludos

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
If you keep on getting rejected job after job, then probably you're aiming too high (provided there are no glaring red flags in your resume).

How can you turn what you learned in your economics degree to something passive / fastlane?

Is it possible to sell it as a learning course on Udemy?

Break it down into fun, easy to digest chunks. Market it so that the course has the same value as a university degree, but at ___% savings!

Tshegofatso

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 9, 2020
South Africa
If you keep on getting rejected job after job, then probably you're aiming too high (provided there are no glaring red flags in your resume).

How can you turn what you learned in your economics degree to something passive / fastlane?

Is it possible to sell it as a learning course on Udemy?

Break it down into fun, easy to digest chunks. Market it so that the course has the same value as a university degree, but at ___% savings!
I actually have an I
Hey,

welcome to the forum! Glad you took the step.

You have read Unscirpted, right?

Go, read it again.

There is a part that talks about chasing money. And how you perceive money. And what the real difference is about money chasers and business owners.

I think it could be really helpful.

Now. One question: Do you want money? Or do you want value vouchers?

Saludos
I will definitely revisit the book

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...