The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

22 year old embarking on new Fastlane journey. Looking to make some connections.

futures97

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 8, 2019
Hey everyone. I sincerely hope all is well with you, especially during this unpredictable time.

I've been lurking on this forum for a while now but never bothered to introduce myself. I figure now is the best time :)

I'm a 22-year-old university student based in Canada. I found The Millionaire Fastlane back in 2017, and it completely shifted my beliefs about money, time, and relationships for the better.

Since then, I started a few businesses and learned a lot throughout the journey. All of them generated profits, but I eventually stopped working as the amount of time I was trading for the amount I was earning simply wasn't worth it. I realized I was just chasing money, and not really creating a product that could eventually reap dividends for me detached from my time.

As of now, I'm currently generating my income passively from recurring affiliate marketing products (like clickfunnels, active campaign, etc), yet don't see myself doing it in the future as I feel that it's not worth putting in effort into a project that can be controlled by outside influences (my commission rate can be reduced at anytime, I can be booted from the affiliate program, etc).

I've been working on a new project that I'm quite confident has a lot of potential in, and can eventually generate consistent revenues and growth detached from my time. There are others who have started a business based on my idea in the past, but not many have executed properly and there is still a ton of new business to be made in this niche. I won't go too much in detail on this forum, as I'd like to keep it in confidence for now.

As for making connections, are there any other young people on this forum? Would love to connect with you all, as most of the people I know are mainly focused on the "safe and steady" slowlane route :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Plenty of youngsters here, but as one would expect they tend to focus on "me me me."

Get busy on the threads & engage them.

Last edited:

futures97

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 8, 2019
Plenty of youngsters here, but as one would expect they tend to focus on me me me.

Get busy on the threads & engage them.

Will do. Glad to make your acquaintance. If anyone is reading this, regardless of age, let's start a conversation. Get to know each other, talk about how we can provide each other value to reach our goals. An accountability partner would be great now that I think of it... :smile2:

LitaVK

Failure is just the raw material of success
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Dec 19, 2019
BC, Canada
As for making connections, are there any other young people on this forum? Would love to connect with you all, as most of the people I know are mainly focused on the "safe and steady" slowlane route :)

Hey there,

I'm 23 and from BC, Canada :smile: It's great you've decided to make yourself known on the forum!

I came across MJ's books around the end of last year and have since been hooked on entrepreneurship. I'm finishing my last semesters in my bachelor's degree this year and have been learning some valuable skills on the side as well as working on a few potential business ideas.

Regarding not having many friends/ connections who have the same mindset as us, I totally get it! Feel free to pm me :)

AdamB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Aug 1, 2019
Scotland
Hey there!

I believe there are plenty of young people on here. It's always encouraging to see how many people have a similar mindset across the world.

Totally understand what you mean by being surrounded by people who have a 'herd mentality', but personal experience has shown me that, if you look in the right places, there are more people than you think that want more from life and understand that ultimate freedom requires a totally different way of thinking.

There will be people in your network (friends, family, friends of friends) who have this mentality, to some extent. Seek them out and talk to them. You'll find that the more you start to involve yourself with them, the more you come across these people. I've made it my mission to surround myself with people who are where I want to be in life. After all, you are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with.

Anyway, great to hear from you!

futures97

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 8, 2019
Hey,

Nice to meet you. I'm in the same boat as you. Same birth year.

How are things going?
Hey,

Nice to meet you. I'm in the same boat as you. Same birth year.

How are things going?

All is well my friend and I hope all is well with you.

I'll send you a pm in a moment, we can continue our conversation from there.

futures97

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 8, 2019
Hey there!

I believe there are plenty of young people on here. It's always encouraging to see how many people have a similar mindset across the world.

Totally understand what you mean by being surrounded by people who have a 'herd mentality', but personal experience has shown me that, if you look in the right places, there are more people than you think that want more from life and understand that ultimate freedom requires a totally different way of thinking.

There will be people in your network (friends, family, friends of friends) who have this mentality, to some extent. Seek them out and talk to them. You'll find that the more you start to involve yourself with them, the more you come across these people. I've made it my mission to surround myself with people who are where I want to be in life. After all, you are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with.

Anyway, great to hear from you!

Agreed, and you too!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.