The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2016 Million Dollar Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewJamesBond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Nov 29, 2015
Day 2 of 365
Total profit: $1,637
363 days and $998,363 to go

That's awesome! Can I ask how you made that much? Like what type of work did you do / product did you sell?

Well, I've banked $166 so far...
I made it off weekly client social media work and a small gift.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
A million in profits.
Not really realistic for me this year, but lets see where this group goes. Goal for me is 1M sales at 20% net profit, which would be 100% growth. My skype is the.ag

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:
G

Guest34764

Not really realistic for me this year, but lets see where this group goes. Goal for me is 1M sales at 20% net profit, which would be 100% growth. My skype is the.ag

I don't think the goal has to be realistic.

The more spectacular the goal the more you want to achieve.

Even if someone hits 900k trying their hardest for 1 million they still made 900k.

Is it realistic for a 15 year old kid to hit 1 million?

F*ck no it isn't, but by the end of the year if I hit 1 million or come even half way there.

You can bet your a$$ I'm going to be happy.

58840c1050f0c669ec47f5fd089574f9.jpg

It's a cheesy quote, but it has truth in it.

Good luck my friends.

NewThunderstorm

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Oct 28, 2015
Coblence, Germany
To be honest, I am not quite sure if I will be able to provide a huge amount of value for your cause, but I will make sure to try my best. I'm 18, born and living in Germany, graduating from high school in a few weeks and absolutely thrilled to help you in any possible way. I'm in. Skype: NewThunderstorm

tnzk

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 26, 2015
London, United Kingdom
Would anyone want to do this type of challenge for a smaller goal? I mean I will create a new thread if anyone is interested in making $50,000 off a side hustle or $100,000 off a new business. I would love a challenge to participate in of a small scale.

Yeah, let's do that. I'm interested in making $50k off a side hustle.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
where do i sign?

Just say "I'm in" and that's all you need to do.

You should have your million by the end of the year.

No work. No learning. No obstacles. No process. No challenges.

Nope, just say "I'm in!" and the rest will take care of itself. It's so easy a caveman can do it.

We did this last year, and by the the time the year was over, we had 58 new millionaires created. And all they did was say "I'm in!"

Join now before it's too late. This event is expiring soon.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Nope, just say "I'm in!" and the rest will take care of itself. It's so easy a caveman can do it.

We did this last year, and by the the time the year was over, we had 58 new millionaires created. And all they did was say "I'm in!"

I'm in.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Please take this discussion into a private skype group. We left it open for you all to get together, but it's nothing we want repetitively bumped to the home page so we will be closing it down in a few days. Get together, outside of here, and proceed from there. Good luck to all for a prosperous and action filled 2016.

D

Deleted35442

Please take this discussion into a private skype group. We left it open for you all to get together, but it's nothing we want repetitively bumped to the home page so we will be closing it down in a few days. Get together, outside of here, and proceed from there. Good luck to all for a prosperous and action filled 2016.
Done. But I'd implore you to leave it open for status updates. Don't see why the thread has to come down. It'd be quite interesting to see how this comes along during the year. Half the thread posters I gave on Skype, half prefer to stay in this thread. Your call, chief.

@MJ DeMarco Give me a million. :greedy:

@jon.a Sarcasm or real?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Done. But I'd implore you to leave it open for status updates. Don't see why the thread has to come down. It'd be quite interesting to see how this comes along during the year. Half the thread posters I gave on Skype, half prefer to stay in this thread. Your call, chief.

@MJ DeMarco Give me a million. :greedy:

@jon.a Sarcasm or real?

We talked about it in the back office, and it's not the type of contest we'd want status updates on here. We don't want this contest or thread bumped regularly to the home page. It's an unsanctioned, not forum endorsed venture.

We've been to this dance before on the forum. It generally runs the same course. Even has some of the same participants.

At the end of the year, if you want to do a single thread recap, that would be fine. EOM December 2016. Good luck to all!

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

No need to close the thread. We all know that by Feb 1st this thread will be dead and sometime in June someone will bump it with a post that says "Update?" and it will get no replies.

NewJamesBond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Nov 29, 2015
I would love to see this thread more active. :)

I'm up $291 this year... Small, but a start.

NewThunderstorm

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Oct 28, 2015
Coblence, Germany

To be honest, (at least for me) this is just a starting point, not an event. At no time I thought "no work and i will get a million just by saying "I'm in!"", actually i didn't think of any money at all, but of providing value to a project, achieving 'something' and making experience. I think this is a huge difference.

Maybe some of the people who said "I'm in!" actually thought that through this project they will be a millionaire in no time without taking too much responsibility, but I won't generalize it in this way as I am sure that many people (like me) took this opportunity as a CHALLENGE for themselves, to WORK hard and LEARN necessary things through the PROCESS of overcoming OBSTACLES.

I noticed that you love this polarizing and sarcastic style of writing as i gathers a lot of attention, but sometimes spitting in the virtual face of people might not be the right approach.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
To be honest, (at least for me) this is just a starting point, not an event. At no time I thought "no work and i will get a million just by saying "I'm in!"", actually i didn't think of any money at all, but of providing value to a project, achieving 'something' and making experience. I think this is a huge difference.

Maybe some of the people who said "I'm in!" actually thought that through this project they will be a millionaire in no time without taking too much responsibility, but I won't generalize it in this way as I am sure that many people (like me) took this opportunity as a CHALLENGE for themselves, to WORK hard and LEARN necessary things through the PROCESS of overcoming OBSTACLES.

I noticed that you love this polarizing and sarcastic style of writing as i gathers a lot of attention, but sometimes spitting in the virtual face of people might not be the right approach.

And.... It's closed.

He was using a word picture.

If you needed someone else to prompt you to get off your a$$, you got it. So worry less about being offended and more about chasing your million.

The reason this thread was inevitably going to be closed is we know from history... That it attracts... Posts like yours.

After all MJ has done for you and everyone here. After what he does every single day to set people free. He certainly doesn't need advice from you on how to write or run a forum. His whole life now centers on helping people. You are a guest in his house. You've brought exactly zero value to the table other than being the catalyst for this thread closing.

Good luck to all. PM the OP to stay connected to the group, and I look forward to reading the results at the end of December 2016. Go get it.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
but sometimes spitting in the virtual face of people might not be the right approach.

You're right. And I apologize for those who felt spat on.

Unfortunately, the hand-holding "rah rah" "you can do it" approach has never worked in my experience. To get through to those who need it, a soft "time out" approach just fosters a furthering of warped expectations of events over process.

Anyhow, @Vigilante closed this thread because he knows something from experience. And so do i.

This forum is over EIGHT years old. Threads like this come and go. At first, we'd welcome them, encourage them, and "rah rah" them. But things have changed, with experience and with the wisdom obtained by observing human nature.

I know for a fact that this forum has created millionaires. You know how many millionaires were created from threads like these?

Zero. Nada. Zilch.

So what I'm saying is this: Some people need a spit in the face because they carry a diet mentality to the entrepreneurial life. It can't be won that way. It can't be won by entering "challenges" and making flimsy forum declarations that are about as effective as picking up a barbell and expecting to pack on 10 pounds of muscle.

Nonetheless, if SOMEONE in this thread actually does something substantial, like creates sales from ZERO to $1M, I will reopen this thread, mark it GOLD, and apologize for closing it. Just message me with some sort of proof. Also, if someone is taking part in this challenge and wants to break the streak, just link to this thread in your progress thread.

Thank you and I wish ya'll the best of success in 2016-- a toast to having it reopened sooner than later, and later over never.

PS: I'll even sticky it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads