The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2015 Fastlane Meetup, Ticket Waiting List

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This thread shall serve as the Fastlane Meetup ticket waiting list, or for ticket transfers for folks who paid, and cannot attend.

Meetup details are here:
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...ane-meetup-official-thread-ticket-info.57540/

Thus far I have for WAITING LIST

@Yury Byalik
@csalvato
@pickeringmt
@Goobii
@FionaS
@needchaser

I will update as requests come in.

Manner of selection hasn't been determined, could be FIFO or Random. If you want to be added, please post here. (PLEASE DO NOT POST UNLESS YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY SERIOUS ABOUT ATTENDING! PLEASE LOOK AT THE DATES AND EXAMINE THE COSTS FIRST, TRAVEL, HOTEL, ETC.)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

zr1

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
May 25, 2011
Please add me to the waiting list also, thanks!

thorn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Jun 23, 2013
Pennsylvania
This thread shall serve as the Fastlane Meetup ticket waiting list, or for ticket transfers for folks who paid, and cannot attend.

Meetup details are here:
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...ane-meetup-official-thread-ticket-info.57540/

Thus far I have for WAITING LIST

@Yury Byalik
@csalvato
@pickeringmt
@Goobii
@FionaS
@needchaser

I will update as requests come in.

Manner of selection hasn't been determined, could be FIFO or Random. If you want to be added, please post here. (PLEASE DO NOT POST UNLESS YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY SERIOUS ABOUT ATTENDING! PLEASE LOOK AT THE DATES AND EXAMINE THE COSTS FIRST, TRAVEL, HOTEL, ETC.)

I would like to go in the wait list as well please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony I

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Apr 9, 2013
MA
Can't believe I missed this.. please put me on the waiting list also

Castaway

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Feb 15, 2014
The Woods
I was going to suggest this, when I saw I was late for the release. Please add me to the list. :innocent: :halo:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Can you open another batch of seats?

Turbo

Google/PPC Pro- making my clients $7 figures/mo
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
May 31, 2014
Dallas TX
Bummed that I missed the signup- myself and my business partner were planning to attend.
I understand space is extremely limited- we'd like to be added to the waiting list. But if only 1 can attend, that will do. Understand the costs involved and we are absolutely prepared to make the trip.

Thank you sir!

Last edited:

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
I wonder what percentage of people that want on the waiting list had the opportunity to buy a ticket before they sold out?

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012
I wonder what percentage of people that want on the waiting list had the opportunity to buy a ticket before they sold out?

I would guess very low, since it looks like they sold out 1 hour and 20 minutes after being posted.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
I would guess very low, since it looks like they sold out 1 hour and 20 minutes after being posted.
I think last year it sold out in 60 seconds.

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012

Last year the time/date that the tickets went on sale was announced beforehand, so everyone that really wanted a ticket was camping the page spamming refresh, or at least that's how I got mine. Selling out in an hour-ish is pretty fast considering that it was launched with no warning (unless there was a warning that I missed).

DiemTrader

NO LIMIT
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Sep 12, 2011
Please add me to the waiting list, thanks!

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Based on luck really. I couldnt find a date or time for when tix would go on sale
Selling out in 1 hour 20 minutes was based on luck? Hmmm...

BTW, there was no advance warning unlike last year.

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK

Probably a lower percent, seeing as we didn't get any notice on when the tickets would go on sale this year.

I know that for me, personally, I'd been checking every 10 minutes or so for the last 2 or 3 days, then had a meeting to attend at noon on Tuesday (I believe tickets went on sale right as my meeting started, and were sold out when I got home).

If I can still get a ticket, great. I'll keep my fingers crossed and childcare/transportation/etc set up until I know for sure.

If not, that's fine, I know everyone there will have a fantastic time and I'll just make sure to have nothing scheduled next year so I don't miss it again. I've been trying to attend for the last 3 years, I'm sure I'll make it eventually. ;)

Bosstradamus

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 22, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Selling out in 1 hour 20 minutes was based on luck? Hmmm...

BTW, there was no advance warning unlike last year.
Yup with no advanced warning it comes down to who was lucky enough to have time and access while tix went on sale at the random non scheduled tome they did.

Had there been advanced warning I would have cleared out my client meetings and got a ticket.

Then again if there was advaced warning then it wouldve sold out in 60 seconds and it still is luck on a smaller degree lol

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I advised people to "WATCH" the thread with INSTANT EMAIL NOTIFICATION to ensure you receive notice fast. Doubt anyone did.

Screen Shot 2015-01-07 at 10.32.38 AM (2).png

As for the having more tickets, I'm sorry but it is not possible to stuff 100 people in a 50 capacity room. The hotel does not have a larger space. Again, this is why we held out for Talking Stick Resort for so long, we wanted the ability to move up to 100, or hey, maybe 150. Here we can't. That said, a few more tickets will come available as 1) some drop out and 2) we come to terms with how many more we can *squeeze* into the room. Next year, shit, we'll shoot for the stars and go for 200.

That's because I didn't give advance warning to the sale, nor did I hint the sale to my friends so they could get to the front of the line. I was trying to be fair, especially to those who visit here regularly. Everyone pretty much got notice at the same time -- which simply was a thread at the forum. In hindsight, I see this was a mistake and I apologize. Neither @Red or I didn't expect a free for all, and thought that tickets would be available for days, maybe weeks. Next year we will indeed give a timeframe, say "tix go on sale Mon 4pm" or something else.

Anyway, we should have some more ticket news by the end of the week, and early next.

AGAIN, if you are in the waiting list, I will advise that you watch the thread with instant email notification. I won't go chasing people down who haven't visited the forum in 9 months.

Last edited:

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
I just screwed up - I happened across the thread and saw they were on sale, checked airfare and hotel, and came back to buy but it was too late.

Interested to see how this plays out.

I'm a little disappointed that the guy that fasted for a month and made $100k will not be speaking at the event. :)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm a little disappointed that the guy that fasted for a month and made $100k will not be speaking at the event.

Is that you? Did you submit a speaking proposal?

Bosstradamus

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 22, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
I got email notification and have taptalk notifications for this forum on my phone. Didnt get a chance to look at the notifications till it was too late though.

Not mad. Again sometimes it just comes down to luck since there was no way to mitigate things knowingly.

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
Is that you? Did you submit a speaking proposal?
No, I went the stupid hard route and started a business. Now I'm stuck working at it and selling real products.

Should have just fasted....

DAMMIT - i just realized I should have fasted for a ticket!

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
For interested parties, I didn't have a chance to buy and then said "aw shucks, add me to the list".

I was at the doctor's all day for happy reasons. :)

Last edited:

MarkNNelson

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 12, 2013
Colorado
DAMMIT - i just realized I should have fasted for a ticket!

I wish I could multi-like a post!

AGAIN, if you are in the waiting list, I will advise that you watch the thread with instant email notification. I won't go chasing people down who haven't visited the forum in 9 months.

So for any of y'all that don't have email notifications on your phone, let me tell you what worked for me in terms of catching it the first time around:
  • Make sure you're subscribed to the thread, and that it's set to email you when there are new postings
  • Go over to If this then that (IFTTT.com)
  • Set up a recipe that when you get a relevant email into your inbox, it'll send a text to your phone. I used the following, but adjust per your own needs. No hating on me if this specific logic fails you: "New email in inbox from search for (from:mj@thefastlaneforum.com) AND (subject:meetup OR subject:"B & P" OR subject:"B&P" OR subject:"waiting")"
  • When you get the texts, you know you need to go check the thread to see what the new post was.
So this means that for a few days, you're gonna get spammed with a whole lot of texts. Small price to pay if you really want a ticket. In my experience yesterday, the auto-notify emails from the forum, as well as the texts from IFTTT, happened in near real time, like < 60 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!