The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2015 Fastlane Meetup, Ticket Waiting List

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
OK GREAT NEWS GUYS!

Danielle and I visited the room today and it looks like we SHOULD have room for people on the waiting list.

IMG_1764.JPG

So here's how it's going to go down.

As of now, everyone on the waiting list AS OF NOW (that has POSTED PRIOR to this message) will be getting a private message from me with details of ticket sales. It will be a date/time this week. The tickets will be available for 12 hours only. YOU MUST HAVE BE ON THIS LIST TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR A TICKET.

After 24 hours, the ticket sales will close again.

Thereafter if there are still room for more tickets to be sold, I will set up an advanced date/time for the release of the final tickets.

So with that said, here is the waiting list and those who will get notice:

@zr1
@Castaway
@pickeringmt
@Bosstradamus
@FionaS
@OperationMyWay
@Turbo
@RElifestyle21
@Tony I
@randomnumber314
@thorn
@needchaser
@Yury Byalik
@csalvato
@Goobii
@jujumac
@ctkim
@Maverick 1000
@pds
@Sauce
@saigon

@wade1mil I did not put you on the list as you made no mention you wanted on it, you merely commented on the process. If that's not accurate, let me know.

Again, if you are not on the list above, you will have to wait until anything is released prior to these individuals getting access at tickets.

PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE NOW SAYING YOU WANT TO BE ON THE LIST. IT IS TOO LATE. YOU CAN TRY AFTER THE 24 HOUR PERIOD EXPIRES FOR THESE WAIT-LIST FOLKS. AS OF NOW, WE EXPECT TO ACCOMMODATE EVERYONE WHO LISTED ABOVE.

Last edited:

MarkNNelson

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 12, 2013
Colorado
DAMMIT - i just realized I should have fasted for a ticket!

I wish I could multi-like a post!

AGAIN, if you are in the waiting list, I will advise that you watch the thread with instant email notification. I won't go chasing people down who haven't visited the forum in 9 months.

So for any of y'all that don't have email notifications on your phone, let me tell you what worked for me in terms of catching it the first time around:
  • Make sure you're subscribed to the thread, and that it's set to email you when there are new postings
  • Go over to If this then that (IFTTT.com)
  • Set up a recipe that when you get a relevant email into your inbox, it'll send a text to your phone. I used the following, but adjust per your own needs. No hating on me if this specific logic fails you: "New email in inbox from search for (from:mj@thefastlaneforum.com) AND (subject:meetup OR subject:"B & P" OR subject:"B&P" OR subject:"waiting")"
  • When you get the texts, you know you need to go check the thread to see what the new post was.
So this means that for a few days, you're gonna get spammed with a whole lot of texts. Small price to pay if you really want a ticket. In my experience yesterday, the auto-notify emails from the forum, as well as the texts from IFTTT, happened in near real time, like < 60 seconds.

OperationMyWay

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
403%
Nov 26, 2013
For those who did not get a ticket (myself included) we should be asking ourselves what is it going to take over the course of the year to ensure that we get selected to present at next years Fastlane Meetup? Then we won't have to worry ourselves over pre-paying, watching for updates, etc. That should be our priority goal. To be successful enough and add enough value to others that choosing us to present is a no-brainer. Even if a year from now we still aren't ready to present we will be that much closer to getting a guaranteed ticket. The statement above is directed just as much to myself as it is to anyone else here. It would be awesome to get a ticket to 2015 meetup, but let's all plan on doing something worthy of being invited to present in 2016. Cheers everyone!

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
I wonder what percentage of people that want on the waiting list had the opportunity to buy a ticket before they sold out?

Probably a lower percent, seeing as we didn't get any notice on when the tickets would go on sale this year.

I know that for me, personally, I'd been checking every 10 minutes or so for the last 2 or 3 days, then had a meeting to attend at noon on Tuesday (I believe tickets went on sale right as my meeting started, and were sold out when I got home).

If I can still get a ticket, great. I'll keep my fingers crossed and childcare/transportation/etc set up until I know for sure.

If not, that's fine, I know everyone there will have a fantastic time and I'll just make sure to have nothing scheduled next year so I don't miss it again. I've been trying to attend for the last 3 years, I'm sure I'll make it eventually. ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
I just screwed up - I happened across the thread and saw they were on sale, checked airfare and hotel, and came back to buy but it was too late.

Interested to see how this plays out.

I'm a little disappointed that the guy that fasted for a month and made $100k will not be speaking at the event. :)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This thread shall serve as the Fastlane Meetup ticket waiting list, or for ticket transfers for folks who paid, and cannot attend.

Meetup details are here:
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...ane-meetup-official-thread-ticket-info.57540/

Thus far I have for WAITING LIST

@Yury Byalik
@csalvato
@pickeringmt
@Goobii
@FionaS
@needchaser

I will update as requests come in.

Manner of selection hasn't been determined, could be FIFO or Random. If you want to be added, please post here. (PLEASE DO NOT POST UNLESS YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY SERIOUS ABOUT ATTENDING! PLEASE LOOK AT THE DATES AND EXAMINE THE COSTS FIRST, TRAVEL, HOTEL, ETC.)

Last edited:

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
Is that you? Did you submit a speaking proposal?
No, I went the stupid hard route and started a business. Now I'm stuck working at it and selling real products.

Should have just fasted....

DAMMIT - i just realized I should have fasted for a ticket!

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
I wonder what percentage of people that want on the waiting list had the opportunity to buy a ticket before they sold out?

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
I would guess very low, since it looks like they sold out 1 hour and 20 minutes after being posted.
I think last year it sold out in 60 seconds.

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012

Last year the time/date that the tickets went on sale was announced beforehand, so everyone that really wanted a ticket was camping the page spamming refresh, or at least that's how I got mine. Selling out in an hour-ish is pretty fast considering that it was launched with no warning (unless there was a warning that I missed).

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I advised people to "WATCH" the thread with INSTANT EMAIL NOTIFICATION to ensure you receive notice fast. Doubt anyone did.

Screen Shot 2015-01-07 at 10.32.38 AM (2).png

As for the having more tickets, I'm sorry but it is not possible to stuff 100 people in a 50 capacity room. The hotel does not have a larger space. Again, this is why we held out for Talking Stick Resort for so long, we wanted the ability to move up to 100, or hey, maybe 150. Here we can't. That said, a few more tickets will come available as 1) some drop out and 2) we come to terms with how many more we can *squeeze* into the room. Next year, shit, we'll shoot for the stars and go for 200.

That's because I didn't give advance warning to the sale, nor did I hint the sale to my friends so they could get to the front of the line. I was trying to be fair, especially to those who visit here regularly. Everyone pretty much got notice at the same time -- which simply was a thread at the forum. In hindsight, I see this was a mistake and I apologize. Neither @Red or I didn't expect a free for all, and thought that tickets would be available for days, maybe weeks. Next year we will indeed give a timeframe, say "tix go on sale Mon 4pm" or something else.

Anyway, we should have some more ticket news by the end of the week, and early next.

AGAIN, if you are in the waiting list, I will advise that you watch the thread with instant email notification. I won't go chasing people down who haven't visited the forum in 9 months.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Yup, and hey look, you got a ticket. ;)

@Red and I expect to hear news of ticket openings on Monday as we are visiting the facility to inspect the room. Another group plans to have 50+ people in the same room and where going to see how comfortable/uncomfortable it is. Stay tuned.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
For those that are not on the above list, are we waiting for a new thread or for your to post that there are still tickets?

After the purchase period for "wait-listers" expires we will see if any spaces remain. Then I will post an announcement of how many and how they may be obtained.

Not sure how this will work because there might be only 2 or 3 available so a general announcement would flood the system with 30 simultaneous buys, and that's a problem. As always, stay tuned to this thread for announcements.

And I also guarantee this: Tix will come available as some folks will have to drop out due to personal problems.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
298%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
I would gladly pre-pay for my waiting-list ticket to make sure I get it, and it would cut @MJ DeMarco 's time down in chasing up people who are on the list that won't reach into their pocket when the time comes. :)

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Sigh...imagine if you followed a thread for months, patiently awaiting notification of when tickets will go on sale. Inagine explicitly asking if tickets were on sale at 7 am. Imagine being too busy to check every single post the second it's posted. Imagine your surprise when the you look at the thread at 5 pm to find it's all sold out

. Months of waiting, no warning / heads up of WHEN the tickets are on sale

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...meetup-ticket-waiting-list.57541/#post-428577
Selling out in 1 hour 20 minutes was based on luck? Hmmm...

BTW, there was no advance warning unlike last year.

Last edited by a moderator:

FLexitee

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jan 13, 2015
Southern California
Ok folks we have 5 tickets left. And because my cart doesn't inventory, I just can't set a time and open the sale up otherwise I would oversell.

I will allocate them FIRST in accordance to INSIDERS with highest post count.

After that, regular users with highest post count. I've used post count because it seems to be fair mix of contribution, regularity, rep, seniority, etc.

If you want a ticket, please post here within the next 24 hours, and AFTER this post. Tomorrow, Saturday at 11AM, I will order the list according to the above criteria. Those within the first 5 matches will be offered a ticket.

If you fall outside of the range, follow the TICKET SWAP thread. Tickets will come available as people's plans change. Based on the patterns of yesteryear, we are looking at about 5-6 drop and swaps until the event.

We also are proud to annonce that @benhebert has been added to the speaking list.
MJ I would also like a ticket. I dont care if i have to look from outside the door and read lips. I need to be at this Meetup.

Last edited:

Castaway

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Feb 15, 2014
The Woods
I was going to suggest this, when I saw I was late for the release. Please add me to the list. :innocent: :halo:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Can you open another batch of seats?

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012

I would guess very low, since it looks like they sold out 1 hour and 20 minutes after being posted.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Based on luck really. I couldnt find a date or time for when tix would go on sale
Selling out in 1 hour 20 minutes was based on luck? Hmmm...

BTW, there was no advance warning unlike last year.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
298%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
For interested parties, I didn't have a chance to buy and then said "aw shucks, add me to the list".

I was at the doctor's all day for happy reasons. :)

Last edited:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I wish I could multi-like a post!

So for any of y'all that don't have email notifications on your phone, let me tell you what worked for me in terms of catching it the first time around:
  • Make sure you're subscribed to the thread, and that it's set to email you when there are new postings
  • Go over to If this then that (IFTTT.com)
  • Set up a recipe that when you get a relevant email into your inbox, it'll send a text to your phone. I used the following, but adjust per your own needs. No hating on me if this specific logic fails you: "New email in inbox from search for (from:mj@thefastlaneforum.com) AND (subject:meetup OR subject:"B & P" OR subject:"B&P" OR subject:"waiting")"
  • When you get the texts, you know you need to go check the thread to see what the new post was.
So this means that for a few days, you're gonna get spammed with a whole lot of texts. Small price to pay if you really want a ticket. In my experience yesterday, the auto-notify emails from the forum, as well as the texts from IFTTT, happened in near real time, like < 60 seconds.
Now this is how you make sure to get a ticket, lol.

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Not that we've decided the manner of disbursement of tickets if (or when) some come available, but your post in this thread shall serve as the order priority in the case we decide to do FIFO allocation. So please don't pay attention to the fact that I haven't updated the first post in this thread. Thanks.

Considering actual ticket sales were given on a FIFO basis, shouldn't additional/replacement tickets too? I know that many of us are quite bummed that the ticket link was dumped in a new thread without any warning, and we had no idea ticket sales had begun.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Considering actual ticket sales were given on a FIFO basis, shouldn't additional/replacement tickets too? I know that many of us are quite bummed that the ticket link was dumped in a new thread without any warning, and we had no idea ticket sales had begun.

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...meetup-formerly-b-p.55011/page-17#post-426157
Just a heads-up, we should be creating a new thread soon with the new details on the meetup.

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...meetup-formerly-b-p.55011/page-20#post-428235
Thread closed... ticket sales and information coming in 3... 2.... 1....

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...ane-meetup-official-thread-ticket-info.57540/

Last edited by a moderator:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Ok folks we have 5 tickets left. And because my cart doesn't inventory, I just can't set a time and open the sale up otherwise I would oversell.

I will allocate them FIRST in accordance to INSIDERS with highest post count.

After that, regular users with highest post count. I've used post count because it seems to be fair mix of contribution, regularity, rep, seniority, etc.

If you want a ticket, please post here within the next 24 hours, and AFTER this post. Tomorrow, Saturday at 11AM, I will order the list according to the above criteria. Those within the first 5 matches will be offered a ticket.

If you fall outside of the range, follow the TICKET SWAP thread. Tickets will come available as people's plans change. Based on the patterns of yesteryear, we are looking at about 5-6 drop and swaps until the event.

We also are proud to annonce that @benhebert has been added to the speaking list.

PS: Just so there's no confusion... here's a sample ordering...

INSIDERS user 503 posts (first)
INSIDERS user 19 posts (second)
Regular 310 posts (third)
Regular 94 posts (fourth)
Regular 3 posts (fifth)

Last edited:

K.Y.

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 4, 2013
Ok folks we have 5 tickets left.

I will allocate them in accordance to INSIDERS with highest post count.

After that, regular users with highest post count.

If you want a ticket, please post here within the next 24 hours, and AFTER this post. Tomorrow, Saturday at 11AM, I will order the list according to the above criteria. Those within the 5 matches will be offered a ticket.

I would like a ticket.

K.Y.

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 4, 2013
MJ I would also like a ticket. I dont care if i have to look from outside the door and read lips. I need to be at this Meetup.
If we both don't get in we can combine lip reading skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.