The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2013 Beer & Pancakes

D

DeletedUser2

J-

Light your hair on fire man!

Mow lawns if your in the south,
shovel snow in the north,

throw a party and charge 10 bucks a head if your in collage.

really? 1K in 2 weeks?

with all the things you learned on the forum, you can make it happen

with all the things you will learn at B&P, will be worth it...

I promise

Z

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
If you really want to do it, you do it. There are no excuses.
Eh,, you could still find a way to make it happen.
If you really wanted to make it happen, you can make it happen.

I think we can cut the guy a little slack here. When I was 19 I was probably drunk & plotting the next frat party. The fact that he's even thinking in this direction is commendable. If it were a pattern in his behavior, I'd be less sympathetic, but I haven't seen that to be the case. Next year J, you can buy me a drink.

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
I think we can cut the guy a little slack here. When I was 19 I was probably drunk & plotting the next frat party. The fact that he's even thinking in this direction is commendable. If it were a pattern in his behavior, I'd be less sympathetic, but I haven't seen that to be the case. Next year J, you can buy me a drink.

I don't think anyone is attacking him. In fact it's absolutely wonderful to see successful entrepreneurs edging on a 19 year old to come and learn/share with them.

That just shows the compassion and respect the members of this forum have for each other. I don't know where else I would see this kind of support and encouragement.

Either way J, since you live near me, if you want give me a shout and maybe we can cut your costs by $200-$400... I was thinking of busing it to Buffalo and then flying to Phoenix. If you wanna come with, pm me and maybe you pull through after all :)

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I don't think anyone is attacking him. In fact it's absolutely wonderful to see successful entrepreneurs edging on a 19 year old to come and learn/share with them.

That just shows the compassion and respect the members of this forum have for each other. I don't know where else I would see this kind of support and encouragement.

Either way J, since you live near me, if you want give me a shout and maybe we can cut your costs by $200-$400... I was thinking of busing it to Buffalo and then flying to Phoenix. If you wanna come with, pm me and maybe you pull through after all :)

That was my plan, actually. $30 for the bus, about $500 round-trip for the flight, about $300 for the hotel and the rest to spend on food and drinks (although I'll probably be spending a lot more than that on food alone lol). Possibly rent a car if I would be able to (I heard somewhere that you can't rent a car till you're 25 or something)

And Z: the project I'm working on could potentially get me $1000 (or more) this week. The big issue for me is, I don't feel comfortable paying for all of the stuff then coming up short in the end.

Thanks for all the support. It's awesome to know that I'm welcome at something like this. I really hate to miss it.

PeteLife

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jul 5, 2011
BALTIMORE/DMV
:pissed::pissed::pissed::bgh::bgh::bgh::(:(:(:sigh::sigh::sigh:
Ok so I wont be able to make it to B&P this year. My job sent me out to TX for what was supposed to be a month (shouldve been returning the 16th of this month). Just got a call this morning from my supervisor saying they are extending my stay here for another 3 weeks.

Im pissed at the moment. I had already booked my hotel room, plane ticket, and rental car. Even started workin on a lil presentation on flipping cars (my college hustle that made me mulahhh)

This is just another reason I need to get out of a 9 to 5 asap because of the lack of control I have for my time.

Edit: I guess this means my ticket is up for sale :/
I am not finding excuse for not coming because at the moment my financials are in order and Im as motivated as can. Its just that when I signed up for my job I signed up for the additives that comes with it. Business travel is one of them.

Anyways Im keeping this short because Im not in a good mood at the moment.

Hope you guys have fun and take a lot of pics!!!

Edit: I guess this means my ticket is up for sale if anyone is interested

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

PeteLife

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jul 5, 2011
BALTIMORE/DMV
You can't take off one day? Sick day? It would just require taking off Friday.

I generally cant take days off when im on travel. Reason for the trip extension is because the contract Im working on is running behind schedule so Im looking at crazy overtime hours and possibly weekend work.

If it was just another day at the job I could easily take vacation time which is what I was doing for this trip initially.

Ive thought about many alternatives to find a way to get there. If I was back home, I could easily get a co-worker to cover for me but I dont have that luxury out here in TX

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
@RichKid - there's your ticket.

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas

There might not be a next year. Take an opportunity you have today that might not be tomorrow. There is no guarantee of tomorrow.

I'm 18 btw, so I don't think bringing age in here is an excuse. I'm not attacking The-J at all. I find some of his posts very useful and insightful, however I think he needs to get off his a$$ and make it happen. Eat ramen noodles for the rest of this month and sleep 2-3 hours a day if you need to. This lifestyle is short term, because in the long term it should pay off.

I live on my own and understand the struggles of having to depend on yourself.
I was recently screwed over for a very large amount(considering my current networth, it was nearly 6 figures). I've been broke and successful $$ wise a several times. I speak to Sasha on this forum almost weekly and she knows what I'm talking about. I truly believe BP will be something you need to take advantage of. Shit happens everyday and you might not be able to attend next year's BP.

The-J, what are you more afraid of? Not being able to pay for things after BP or you simply cannot afford it right now. Is this risk worth it for you?

Shovel snow, mow lawns, meet a sugar mama(notsureifsrs.jpeg), and do w/e you need to do. Take a job at McDonalds for 2 weeks or at Wal-Mart, there's like $500.

If you choose not to go, it's 100% your choice of course. I'm just doing whatever I can to help you come, because I know you won't regret it. I know if I was in your position(and I might be in that position right now lol), I'd hope someone would encourage me to do what I really want. Don't live in fear of what could be, live in pride of what you're doing.

/end rambling
I don't know if my post made any sense to you guys but I'm tired and been working the past 2 weeks with minimal sleep. I wouldn't change a thing though, past 2 weeks have been incredible!

PeteLife

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jul 5, 2011
BALTIMORE/DMV
@RichKid - there's your ticket.

Is Ryan still interested in going? If he is, he will be at the top of my list since I originally bought his tickets. Already have inquiries in my Inbox regarding the ticket.

Sigh... still upset I cant make it. Not to mention the fact that Southwest wont give me a refund for my flight because I bought a a discounted fare ... thats sum BS

Yeah. Texas sucks. So does contract project work. ;-)

Yea tell me about it...smh ...

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Jill I have to disagree I like Texas. It isn't a vacation paradise, but it is a good place to start and run a business. Lots of commerce here. :thumbsup:

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Jill I have to disagree I like Texas. It isn't a vacation paradise, but it is a good place to start and run a business. Lots of commerce here. :thumbsup:

I think Jill was being sarcastic because she does live in Texas and she does contract work. I think both have been good to her. Perhaps a little playfulness from Jill?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
God loves Texas.

D

DeletedUser394

As it stands, I have no passport, have a lil' bit of cash (not enough to cover the trip by any means), and two weeks to get this done.

I will sleep in a tent in someone's back yard if need be. Everyone coming up with bs excuses all the time, including me. Enough is enough.

Pete please pm me your email address and I will buy that ticket back. I'm at work so it might take me a bit to respond, but i'LL check often.

Thanks.

D

DeletedUser394

Actually I'm not even waiting, I found your email in my paypal archives, and I just shipped you $200USD. If you want more let me know.

Or if you already sold it, kindly send me back the money haha.

Step 1 complete!

PeteLife

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jul 5, 2011
BALTIMORE/DMV
Damn Ryan, you're back??? where the heck have I been. I admit I havent been active on the forum lately because of work and biz travels. (the excuses, i know... smh)

But now Im kinda in a pickle. million$$$smile sent me a payment late lastnight. Then I woke up this morning to see that Ryan (the original owner of the ticket) sent a payment this morning as well. Im all about first comes first, but at the same time I feel obligated to have sold it back to Ryan. At the moment I'll be selling it to million$$$smile just because he paid first and I promised it to him upon payment.

p.s. Apparently a ticket around here is a hot commodity. My inbox is going crazy. Each message I get is just a reminder of how much ill be missing out... Damn Texas.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Damn Texas.

This is getting kinda old. It's not Texas' fault for your predicament and quit slamming my state. Grow up and accept responsibility for your own decisons.

PeteLife

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jul 5, 2011
BALTIMORE/DMV
This is getting kinda old. It's not Texas' fault for your predicament and quit slamming my state. Grow up and accept responsibility for your own decisons.

lol I have no problems with TX, was enjoying it before my predicament actually. Back in the northeast have been getting slammed with snowstorms and such so Im definitely enjoying the weather here.

And I am not refusing to take responsibility for not being able to go. As I said, I knew what I signed up for when I took my job.

D

DeletedUser394

It's alright, give the ticket to the other guy. I missed out by selling it in the first place.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Lets have a good old fashioned B&P throw-down.

petethepeddler

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Sep 2, 2010
PA / NY
I keep missing the tickets when they come available.

So I'm just putting this out there. If you have a ticket you're looking to sell,
let me know, I'm ready to go.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.