The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

20 Years Old -- Scaling to $20k/mo

Marketing, social media, advertising

Chx

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
308%
Feb 6, 2018
United States
What's up!

My story so far:
  • Discovered Fastlane age 15, started freelance copywriting, landed some pretty kickass clients but never cracked $3k/mo
  • Quit copywriting around 17 to pursue some awful venture ideas
  • Eventually built my own SaaS at 19, launched it and turned a profit but not much
  • From all the people I tried to sell my SaaS to, I discovered a much more prominent need in the market which I now solve for business owners and make around $5k/mo doing so.
  • My "why" is to earn my freedom and retire my parents
In my current venture, I've worked with about a half dozen clients over the past year (and was even in talks with our own @Kak - we didn't move forward but thanks for hearing me out anyway Kyle).

Nowadays I've consolidated things and I have all my income coming from 1 client.

My thoughts are: if I can make $5k/mo from 1 client, why not make $20k/mo from 4?

Fulfillment will be hard to do just myself, especially as I am still in college. I will need to step up and make this a bigger venture than just myself.

So this thread will be my process of 4Xing my income, and impact.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
why not 500k a month from 100 clients? why not also choose that those 100 clients are from kuwait who will pay you 500 in dinars, so 500k dinars a month which will convert to 1,6m USD dollars. think big dream big

Chx

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
308%
Feb 6, 2018
United States
  • I clarified what I am going to be offering, and to which market. I'll be targeting B2B businesses.
  • I set up a test email campaign to 100 leads with 5 emails per lead. Used AI to personalize the first line of each email. If I can book 2 meetings from this campaign (2% book rate) then I will know that the offer and script is good. If I don't hit 2% book rate, I'll try again with a new 100 leads and script. Once I have a proven script I can scale it up to 1000s of emails.
  • I set up my website, email account, and LinkedIn - small amount of work to create the right impression.

Last edited:

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
  • I clarified what I am going to be offering, and to which market. I'll be targeting B2B businesses.
  • I set up a test email campaign to 100 leads with 5 emails per lead. Used AI to personalize the first line of each email. If I can book 2 meetings from this campaign (2% book rate) then I will know that the offer and script is good. If I don't hit 2% book rate, I'll try again with a new 100 leads and script. Once I have a proven script I can scale it up to 1000s of emails.
  • I set up my website, email account, and LinkedIn - small amount of work to create the right impression.
I like what i see you inspire me amigo keep it up

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Fulfillment will be hard to do just myself, especially as I am still in college.

Do you really have to do that yourself? Are you sure that you couldn't find people who are better at you at fulfillment but worse at marketing who would be happy to take the work at a rate that is still profitable for you?

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
jason-momoa-chair.gif

Chx

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
308%
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Do you really have to do that yourself? Are you sure that you couldn't find people who are better at you at fulfillment but worse at marketing who would be happy to take the work at a rate that is still profitable for you?
The way I see it, if I do a ton of fulfillment upfront, say in the first 2-3 months, I'll be much better equipped to train my web designer, copywriter, and whatever other roles are needed to replace me in the business, versus if I outsource immediately. If it gets out of hand I can take time off school.

However. Tasks like scraping leads, following up to emails, spreadsheet work are absolute time sucks and I will outsource that to VAs as soon as possible.

Chx

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
308%
Feb 6, 2018
United States
As said above, my goal was to find a cold email script that books at least 2 out of 100 leads into a meeting.

Test campaign 1: 1 meeting booked
Screen Shot 2023-03-31 at 4.02.40 PM.png
Test campaign 2: 0 meetings booked
Screen Shot 2023-03-31 at 4.04.07 PM.png

Test campaign 3: 0 meetings booked
Screen Shot 2023-03-31 at 4.06.12 PM.png

Test campaign 4: 3 meetings booked. Bingo!
Screen Shot 2023-03-31 at 4.07.48 PM.png

The calls are on Mon and Tues - I will learn from how they go how I can improve the script even more

Now that I have a script that can get 3/100 people on a call, I can scale it up - I just bought 40 more GSuite emails to do so

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
As said above, my goal was to find a cold email script that books at least 2 out of 100 leads into a meeting.

View attachment 48084
View attachment 48085

View attachment 48086

View attachment 48087

The calls are on Mon and Tues - I will learn from how they go how I can improve the script even more

Now that I have a script that can get 3/100 people on a call, I can scale it up - I just bought 40 more GSuite emails to do so

Looking good, great job.

Chx

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
308%
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Update:

I made $14,700 in July
$7,200 in August
$10,600 in September so far

I currently have 3 clients.

Still doing everything myself.

NEED to hire some VAs asap, especially as I am back in school and time is scarce now.

Once I free up some bandwidth, I will do outreach for clients again and push for $20 or $30k/mo.

Vntonio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Aug 18, 2023
Earth
Update:

I made $14,700 in July
$7,200 in August

NEED to hire some VAs asap, especially as I am back in school and time is scarce now.

Once I free up some bandwidth, I will do outreach for clients again and push for $20 or $30k/mo.
So that's a marketing service, right?

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
May 30, 2023

View attachment 48084
View attachment 48085

View attachment 48086

View attachment 48087

hey @Chx, those campaigns you say - are they individual mails or is it followup?

Ayush6543

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Sep 2, 2021
You should not track open rates, as the mail delivery system will come to know that you are trying to sell stuff, which can affect your deliverability.

Rarehelge

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Sep 19, 2023
Norway
What's up!

My story so far:
  • Discovered Fastlane age 15, started freelance copywriting, landed some pretty kickass clients but never cracked $3k/mo
  • Quit copywriting around 17 to pursue some awful venture ideas
  • Eventually built my own SaaS at 19, launched it and turned a profit but not much
  • From all the people I tried to sell my SaaS to, I discovered a much more prominent need in the market which I now solve for business owners and make around $5k/mo doing so.
  • My "why" is to earn my freedom and retire my parents
In my current venture, I've worked with about a half dozen clients over the past year (and was even in talks with our own @Kak - we didn't move forward but thanks for hearing me out anyway Kyle).

Nowadays I've consolidated things and I have all my income coming from 1 client.

My thoughts are: if I can make $5k/mo from 1 client, why not make $20k/mo from 4?

Fulfillment will be hard to do just myself, especially as I am still in college. I will need to step up and make this a bigger venture than just myself.

So this thread will be my process of 4Xing my income, and impact
Hey! Im a 15 year old myself. As you said, you started your journey to making money online. What is the biggest tips you can give to me, who is starting this journey? I wish you all the success and good luck with your business

ericbodrenok

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 11, 2023
Update:

I made $14,700 in July
$7,200 in August

Sup bro, im in a similar position, you down to connect? you got a discord/insta or something?

Nvardaro4

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Jul 2, 2022
So that's a marketing service, rig
Update:

I made $14,700 in July
$7,200 in August

ill work for free

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.